Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: iRiver H120 Leather Case Mod (Kind of...)  (Read 1972 times)

Offline BayTaynt3d

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • Live from San Francisco
    • BayTaper.com
iRiver H120 Leather Case Mod (Kind of...)
« on: October 26, 2006, 12:52:43 AM »
Posting this in case anyone else might want to try some of these "mods" to the standard (p)leather case that came with the H120 (or at least came with my H120).

I made the following three "tweaks" to the case:

1. Cut a small semi-circle out of the snap-over-flap that holds the H120 in the case so it could remain snapped shut but still leave the line-in jack open for plugging in your minijack source. Without this mod, you can't have the flap snapped over the top of the unit while the line-in jack was being used.

2. Expanded the hole around the HOLD switch. Now for some, this may seem counter-intuitive because it makes it EASIER to flip the hold switch. I just found it painfully difficult to flip the hold switch when I wanted to. Now it's a breeze, and as long as you switch hold on in the first place, it pretty much isn't going to come undone on its own, but know when I want to flip it on/off, I can easily grab the switch when before I couldn't.

3. I used a razorblade to cut off the belt loop on the back of the case. Anyone who uses the case with a belt obviously won't want to do this, but if you never plan on ever putting it on a belt, this was easily cut off and made the case just that much less bulky. A minor thing, but why not?

See pics for the three mods. BTW, I used a razorblade for #2 and #3, but I used a sharp pair of metal scissors for #1.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2006, 12:54:48 AM by BayTaynt3d »
BayTaper.com | One Man’s Multimedia Journey Through the San Francisco Jazz & Creative Music Scene

Offline Javier Cinakowski

• !! Downhill From Here !!
  • Trade Count: (11)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: iRiver H120 Leather Case Mod (Kind of...)
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2006, 09:02:48 AM »
Nice job!

I like both of the mods except the line-in mod.  I like the strap to cover the line in so the digital in does not get dirty/dusty
Neumann KM185mp OR DPA ST2015-> Grace Design Lunatec V2-> Tascam DR-100mkIII

Offline jeromejello

• Team Florida - always brings the heat
  • Trade Count: (9)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • surly tapir
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2006, 03:10:18 AM »
one of the first thing i did was a mod to my case for the inline... i just cut it so it now is a flap.  when there is no plug in, the pleather covers the hole.  when i have my stereo mini in , the flap is up.
best of both worlds.
open: mbho 603a (ka200n/ka500hn) > SD MP-2 > PCM-M10
stealth: AT853a (o/sc/c/h) > SD MP-2 > ihp120
misc: Earthworks SR77 | Shure VP88

bt & dime

Offline hyperplane

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2006, 02:02:32 PM »
Nice mods! +T

I've found that I have no problem plugging in a right-angle mini-plug into the Line Input and then simply buttoning the iriver case flap over the top. It's very snug, but it serves to help keep the battery box plugged into the iriver in my setup.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.065 seconds with 28 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com