Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Edirol R-09 firmware 1.20 about to be released  (Read 34840 times)

Offline china_rider

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • The center of the universe is not on this earth...
    • AZTapers
Re: Edirol R-09 firmware 1.20 about to be released
« Reply #45 on: March 07, 2007, 05:26:20 PM »
Wish I was following this thread earlier... I started a thread someplace when the firmware was first released that the transcend 8gig card would not work and I got the same results you just posted.  Either Chris Church or GuySonic confirmed the results.  I believe one also said that if you put a large file (maybe 2gig) on the card before recording you will not see the above problem.  I reported it to Edirol they called me back a few days later for a better description than I had in my problem report.  They said they would try to look at this in the next firmware release but for now 4gig cards are the largest officially reported.  I'd point you to the thread but don't have time to search for it right now.
(#1) AKG C480b CK61,CK62,CK63,CK69 -> Silverpath XLRs -> BMod R-4
(#2) BMod ADK A51TL -> Silverpath XLRs -> BMod R-4
(#3) Sonic Studios DSM6SM -> Sonic Studios PA-3SX -> R-09

Offline Gutbucket

• record > listen > revise technique
  • Trade Count: (16)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • "Better to love music than respect it" ~Stravinsky
« Reply #46 on: March 07, 2007, 05:27:44 PM »
...Did you try the 8GB card with the 2GB split?  Maybe this bug is just related to 64MB splits.
Not yet, I'll run a longer test recording tonight with the 2GB setting.
Either way, I bet they'll fix it if you report it.
How does one go about that?

musical volition > vibrations > voltages > numeric values > voltages > vibrations> virtual teleportation time-machine experience
Better recording made easy - >>Improved PAS table<< | Made excellent- >>click here to download the Oddball Microphone Technique illustrated PDF booklet<< (note: This is a 1st draft, now several years old and in need of revision!  Stay tuned)

Offline Gutbucket

« Reply #47 on: March 07, 2007, 05:32:41 PM »
Wish I was following this thread earlier... I started a thread someplace when the firmware was first released that the transcend 8gig card would not work and I got the same results you just posted.  Either Chris Church or GuySonic confirmed the results.  I believe one also said that if you put a large file (maybe 2gig) on the card before recording you will not see the above problem.  I reported it to Edirol they called me back a few days later for a better description than I had in my problem report.  They said they would try to look at this in the next firmware release but for now 4gig cards are the largest officially reported.  I'd point you to the thread but don't have time to search for it right now.

Thanks,
Now that you've reminded me, I do recall that thread (I remember the small files filling the card issue being mentioned) but couln't rember it it was resolved or not and what the issues were.  If Edirol knows about it, should I bother to report it?
musical volition > vibrations > voltages > numeric values > voltages > vibrations> virtual teleportation time-machine experience
Better recording made easy - >>Improved PAS table<< | Made excellent- >>click here to download the Oddball Microphone Technique illustrated PDF booklet<< (note: This is a 1st draft, now several years old and in need of revision!  Stay tuned)

Offline china_rider

• Taperssection All-Star
    • AZTapers
« Reply #48 on: March 07, 2007, 05:38:28 PM »
I'd report it...  The more people that report it the more people they know it effects.

Just goto their website and go through the support links and you will find how to report it.  I signed my support ticket with my name and cell number and one of their engineers actually called me back for more info.

So far their support has been really good... Got the first call before starting this thread when asking about 4gig cards and they let me know that 1.2 was about to be released in the next few days.  Then another when reporting the 8.  It seems like support issues don't go into a black hole like with some companies.

Offline china_rider

• Taperssection All-Star
    • AZTapers
« Reply #49 on: March 08, 2007, 01:25:23 AM »
Moke... Check your PMs.

Offline udovdh

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #50 on: March 15, 2007, 11:12:40 AM »
What about 1.30? (with fixes for >4GB SDHC?)

Offline Gutbucket

« Reply #51 on: March 15, 2007, 05:04:38 PM »
Step into my time machine...

dorrcoq

« Reply #52 on: March 15, 2007, 06:58:50 PM »

Maybe they will never upgrade to allow larger cards.  Certainly not just because you bought one. ;D

Offline udovdh

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #53 on: March 17, 2007, 03:18:29 AM »
In my time we expect bugfree software....

How can I contact roland/edirol support? On the websites I found no good way to do so.

Offline Brennan

• Taperssection Member
  • Currently hooked on open taping
« Reply #54 on: March 17, 2007, 06:13:08 AM »
Call up 323-890-3741 (LA Area Code)

That's for Digital Recorders + Mixers. It's for Roland, the parent company to Edirol. Give em a call and let us know where you get with them! :)
Team SoCal

Church Audio Cardiods > Church Audio STC-9000 Preamp > Edirol R-09 (24/48) <- Click for info on each!

Offline joekar

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #55 on: March 17, 2007, 06:56:45 AM »
computer newbie checking in....

Mac oriented question:

I download the update, and get a file, that when I try to expand it, it opens MS Word, and then nothing else happens.
The name of the file from Edirol is "R09_update_120.sit"
This file, ^^, opens Word, but does nothing else.

The update instruction says to  " Copy the DMZ15.UPD file (already extracted) to the R-09 root directory."

What am I doing wrong, where I can't seem to find / get this DMZ15.UPD file?

Hey,
 Sorry I didn't see this earlier......I use both a Mac (G5 main) and a PC (back up)......I've found that the update software from Edirol is not very MAC friendly......I tried to use the MAC for the last update and had all kinds of problems...The R-09 wouldn't see the file on the SD card....I couldn't get it to work...I then used the PC and everything was flawless.....I don't know why...but that's what I had to do........I've never had a problem between the G5 and the R-09 but I usually use a reader to transfer....If you have a PC nearby just use that for the update.....then use the MAC to edit/copy/store/listen/etc....

Peace,
jk
« Last Edit: March 17, 2007, 06:58:33 AM by joekar »
Roman Moroni: I would like to direct this to the distinguished members of the panel: You lousy corksuckers. You have violated my farging rights. Dis somanumbatching country was founded so that the liberties of common patriotic citizens like me could not be taken away by a bunch of fargin iceholes... like yourselves.

Offline ballerusk

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Taperssection Member
  • Soft spot for the sweet spot
« Reply #56 on: March 17, 2007, 07:10:23 AM »
I've updated my R-09 twice through my iBook G4 without any problems.

Downloaded the update
Extracted it with StuffIt
Connected R-09 to USB-port (shows as external device or whatever)
Just drag the extracted update file to the icon of the R-09
Drag the R-09 icon to the trash can and after the icon disappear disconnect the R-09 from the USB

Then I think you have to turn the R-09 on and off to install the updated firmware, but the manual should help you there.
Schoeps MK41s > Schoeps CMRs > Naiant Tinybox > Sony PCM-M10

Offline joekar

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #57 on: March 17, 2007, 07:17:25 AM »
I tried that several times and it wouldn't work......I would drag the file into the R-09 just fine but the R-09 wouldn't see it.....I may be stupid sometimes, but it wouldn't work for me............:iamwithstupid:

"I'm not worthy" 

Peace  ;D
jk
Roman Moroni: I would like to direct this to the distinguished members of the panel: You lousy corksuckers. You have violated my farging rights. Dis somanumbatching country was founded so that the liberties of common patriotic citizens like me could not be taken away by a bunch of fargin iceholes... like yourselves.

Offline guysonic

• Taperssection All-Star
  • WISDOM FOR ALL TIMES
    • Sonic Studios DSM Stereo-Surround Microphone Systems
« Reply #58 on: March 17, 2007, 11:14:03 AM »

Maybe they will never upgrade to allow larger cards.  Certainly not just because you bought one. ;D

I had a thought recently about the 8GIG autospan problem which if happens, will stop a user DEAD-IN-THE-FIELD if not wanting to reformat the card, losing everything recorded before the autospan fault occurred.   It takes deleting too many files(?) to get the card to function again I think.

I suppose having another flash card to use until getting back to a computer to extract the good files is good tact, but maybe Roland can do better if not able to fix 8 gig fault in next firmware upgrade by putting in feature to TURN OFF AUTO SPAN for users of >4 GIF SDHC cards.

This way recordist can have some warning that file size limit is about to occur and MANUALLY STOP THE RECORDING to start another file.  This would seem better than having the deck lock up with flash flooded to be useless with hundreds of files, making further recording IMPOSSIBLE unless taking a too many minutes to power down, replace with another flash card. 

So I am thinking having at least AUTO-SPAN defeat, and having to start another file manually is far better than what we have now if needing to carry around more than 4 gig capacity.
"mics? I no got no mics!  Besides, I no have to show you no stink'n mics!" stxxlth taper's disclaimer

DSM HRTF STEREO-SURROUND RECORDING SYSTEMS WEBSITE: http://www.sonicstudios.com

Offline ballerusk

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Taperssection Member
  • Soft spot for the sweet spot
« Reply #59 on: March 17, 2007, 12:01:21 PM »
I tried that several times and it wouldn't work......I would drag the file into the R-09 just fine but the R-09 wouldn't see it.....I may be stupid sometimes, but it wouldn't work for me............:iamwithstupid:

"I'm not worthy" 

Peace  ;D
jk

Hmm reformat and reset? Maybe that'll work? Try that, and do the same thing as I've done, including following the instructions in the manual. I know there was no instruction-file that came with the last firmware, but there was one on the one before that, try using that as well. It might sound silly, but when you're following the instructions (like you have no free will), at least there's not a problem with you :P

I really don't know what else you could do as it's all been "drag, drop, follow instructions" for me.
Schoeps MK41s > Schoeps CMRs > Naiant Tinybox > Sony PCM-M10

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.099 seconds with 40 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com