Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: reducing vibrations from bass rumble at concerts; image stabalization?  (Read 3087 times)

Offline cleantone

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Taperssection All-Star
I am just starting to transfer a show I shot in March. I had my tripod onstage and let it roll all night. Didn't want to bother with handheld at this show.  Anyway I noticed that the kick drum vibrates the image. I m transferring with iMovie HD. I know there are a fair amount of plug ins available third party. Anyone ever use one for something like this?
ISO: your recordings of The Slip, Surprise Me Mr. Davis and The Barr Brothers. pm me please.

Offline saltman

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
you need to sandbag the tripod.  I don't like post production image stabilization so I can't help there.

Offline cleantone

• Taperssection All-Star
Yeah that might help for sure. I hate to add more weight to my rig that already take 5-6 trips to load in. I'll have to fingure something out though for the future. Someone recommended fxStabalizer. I'll look into it I guess. More input welcome.
ISO: your recordings of The Slip, Surprise Me Mr. Davis and The Barr Brothers. pm me please.

Offline fanofthemule

• Trade Count: (17)
  • Taperssection All-Star
I can't recommend anything for post production work, but I did buy some small flotation devices from the local dive shop for this.  I put these under my tripod feet and they act as shock mounts, it's eliminated the shake and bounce from the shot.
Sony PCM-M10

Fostex FR2LE Busman TMod

Superlux S502 ORTF

Offline cleantone

• Taperssection All-Star
I am having trouble picturing what you mean. Any chance of a photo? or link? I've had pro video guys tell me that is in the camera that it is happening. That may be true to some extent but can't be the only issue. Thanks.

Offline fanofthemule

• Taperssection All-Star
I am having trouble picturing what you mean. Any chance of a photo? or link? I've had pro video guys tell me that is in the camera that it is happening. That may be true to some extent but can't be the only issue. Thanks.

I'll find a camera and post a picture.
Sony PCM-M10

Fostex FR2LE Busman TMod

Superlux S502 ORTF

Offline guitard

• Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (8)
  • Needs to get out more...
Unfortunately, you're probably stuck with what you have. 

The plug-ins to which you refer are pretty good at taking care of shakiness, but this isn't shaking.  If you run your footage through one of these plug-ins, the "steadied" version of it is still going to look pretty crappy because in essense, what has resulted is "movement blur."  Of course, movement blur is a naturally occurring phenomena that happens all the time and the human eye is very accustomed to it ~ when it occurs naturally.  But this isn't like naturally occuring movement blur.  Each time that bass drum made the camera vibrate, the images in the picture came out with blurriness around their edges, and there simply is no way to fix it.
Mics: Schoeps MK41s & MK41Vs >:D
Pre-amps: BabyNbox & Platinum Nbox
Deck: Sony A10

Video: Canon HF G70 (4K), Sony FDR AX100 (4K), Pany ZS100 (4K)
Photo: Canon EOS 7D w/ Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L is III USM

A/V software: Sony Vegas Pro 18 (build 527) 64 bit / DVD Architect Pro 6.0 (build 237)

Offline fanofthemule

• Taperssection All-Star

Sorry it took so long to post these, let me know if you have any questions.

Sony PCM-M10

Fostex FR2LE Busman TMod

Superlux S502 ORTF

Offline KurtMichaels

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
That's tough. I don't know of a good iMovie plugin, just ask in more specialized boards. I only know that the motion prediction of Apple's Shake is often recommended - it is today a free plugin for FCS2, but that one will cost you of course.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.048 seconds with 33 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com