Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: What do you need in a set of cables most of the time??  (Read 2651 times)

Offline bdasilva

• Trade Count: (12)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • Use to be a Fishhead
What do you need in a set of cables most of the time??
« on: June 18, 2007, 09:44:04 PM »
I was in a cable building mood and it struck me... I could make some small form factor connectors on a single  stereo pair of cables.   It would make it easier to adjust the UA-5... and nothing to get tangled and less in the bag. This is what I came up with.   5" Y with Male XLRs on one end (they almost always plug in together, don't they?) the other end has a 18" Y to XLR Female connectors. I can run mics on both ends of a MarkBar and thats as long as  I need to go. Its not perfect in every situation but it works for for 90% of "lets throw a stereo pair up" recording.
Cad E300S set.. AT822  AKG C 414 B-XLS/ST  
Dorsey-Mod MK-012 w/ O, C, H and RED L/D Caps
Superlux S502 ORTF   LSD2
Silverpath  Cables> 
Tascam DR-680MKii    DR- 680 (X2)   Tascam DR-40     Sound Devices USBPre    SONY  PMD-M10   Zoom F8

"Buy a Taper a Drink... Prime the Pumps of live Music"

On the "music" side of the "Music Business"

Offline JiB97

• Trade Count: (12)
  • Needs to get out more...
    • My Archive Bookmarks
Re: What do you need in a set of cables most of the time??
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2007, 10:22:06 PM »
Those look really nice, man!  I like the idea of the cables being together, helps cut the clutter a little bit more. 
AKG ck3/ck8 | c460b  + Naiant Actives | PFAs
Audio Technica u853r (omnis/mini-guns)
Tascam DR-70D

My Archive Links

Offline Church-Audio

• Trade Count: (44)
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2007, 11:26:24 PM »
I was in a cable building mood and it struck me... I could make some small form factor connectors on a single  stereo pair of cables.   It would make it easier to adjust the UA-5... and nothing to get tangled and less in the bag. This is what I came up with.   5" Y with Male XLRs on one end (they almost always plug in together, don't they?) the other end has a 18" Y to XLR Female connectors. I can run mics on both ends of a MarkBar and thats as long as  I need to go. Its not perfect in every situation but it works for for 90% of "lets throw a stereo pair up" recording.

Nice job... You know what I use to cut xlr shells? I good quality pipe cutter and a vise. It works really well and leaves a nice straight edge.. If you dont have a cut off saw :) And I just run the dremel over the cut and smooth it out.. Nice job are you using epoxy? or just hot glue?
If you want to know the model number of pipe cutter its actually now that i read the name pretty dam funny.. Its called a "SUPER-EGO" PRO725 I think I paid about $25.00 for it.

Chris
for warranty returns email me at
EMAIL Sales@church-audio.com

Offline Kindguy

• Team Bama
  • Trade Count: (11)
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2007, 02:31:36 AM »
Those look really nice, man!  I like the idea of the cables being together, helps cut the clutter a little bit more. 

QFT looks great.
TDS!

DPA 4023> aeta PSP-2> Apogee Mini Me > R-44

http://www.basicallyfrightened.com/

Offline Nick's Picks

• Trade Count: (33)
  • I thought I heard.......
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2007, 07:31:02 AM »
nice looking cables.
very "hydra" ized!

it is a nice way to deal w/lots of cable. 

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.058 seconds with 29 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com