Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: HD-P2 Select button dead *kinda fixed*  (Read 2026 times)

Offline AlexG

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Taperssection Member
  • "I'll get that show to you tomorrow, I promise"
HD-P2 Select button dead *kinda fixed*
« on: July 13, 2007, 12:17:51 PM »
Well I went to shutdown my machine yesterday and I couldn't, the select button wouldn't register.  Of course that is the most important button on the dang thing.  Does anybody think that this is just a matter of putting in a new button or cleaning a contact.  I have no clue why it would just stop working after it worked flawlessly a few days previous.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2007, 08:05:10 PM by AlexG »
Mics: Neumann km184, Avatone CK-1 *FOR SALE*
Pres: Grace Lunatec V3 OptiMod *FOR SALE*
Recs: Tascam HD-P2, iRiver H120 30gb, iRiver H120 4gb CF Modded *FOR SALE*

My recordings on the archive: http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/Manitunes

kirk97132

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: HD-P2 Select button dead
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2007, 03:38:27 PM »
That sucks!  did you try powering it down by removing all power?  and when you powered it back up did it work then?  Do you have the hold engaged? 

Offline AlexG

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Taperssection Member
  • "I'll get that show to you tomorrow, I promise"
Re: HD-P2 Select button dead *kinda fixed*
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2007, 05:07:58 PM »
That sucks!  did you try powering it down by removing all power?  and when you powered it back up did it work then?  Do you have the hold engaged? 
That is the first thing I did because I couldn't shut it off and it didn't work.  I took out all the batteries put in new ones and it still didn't work.  I went to bed and in the morning reseated the batteries again and now the button works again.  I hope I don't see this issue again, very anoying.  This is the second quirk I've seen with my HDP2 that I haven't been able to recreate the first being a media too slow error.
Mics: Neumann km184, Avatone CK-1 *FOR SALE*
Pres: Grace Lunatec V3 OptiMod *FOR SALE*
Recs: Tascam HD-P2, iRiver H120 30gb, iRiver H120 4gb CF Modded *FOR SALE*

My recordings on the archive: http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/Manitunes

kirk97132

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: HD-P2 Select button dead *kinda fixed*
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2007, 03:34:33 PM »
That is the first thing I did because I couldn't shut it off and it didn't work.  I took out all the batteries put in new ones and it still didn't work.  I went to bed and in the morning reseated the batteries again and now the button works again.  I hope I don't see this issue again, very anoying.  This is the second quirk I've seen with my HDP2 that I haven't been able to recreate the first being a media too slow error.

I have only gotten one media too slow error and that was after reusing a card many times without reformatting.  I now reformat EVERYTIME I go to use a card.  I have had zero problems since then.  Always running 24/96!  Also have you updated your firmware to the current version?  Just put the D/L on the CF and stick it in the machine, it will prompt you from there.  Hope that tiny bit of insight helps somehow, kirk

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.217 seconds with 28 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com