Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: A Newbie Question-I'm looking for cable sleeve info (sleeve @strain crimp@plug)  (Read 1977 times)

Offline Lapp20

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
  • Oh My
I'm making some 3.5 interconnect cable and am looking for sleeve material. Like the sleeve you would use when securing the cable at the 3.5mm plug. ( A protective sleeve ) What I'm looking at it like what Church Audio uses on  his mic cables.
Take a look at his cable for the mics at the 3.5mm plug.
 http://taperssection.com/index.php/topic,80054.0.html
If it is heat shrink, then what type is it. The only heat shrink I have seen is shiny and this is dull.

I'm starting out simple by making 3.5mm plug to plug interconnect cable and trying out the Switchcraft and Neutrk plugs and Mogami (2 different types) and a Gepco cable. I'm using a R-09 and the CA STC-9000. I'm starting to think that I would like a right angle plug for the R-09, but a Streight plug for the preamp. I will have to see what fits well on the preamp. I will post what I make as soon as the parts come in.

Thanks for any help in advance,
Jeff
« Last Edit: August 06, 2007, 08:56:43 PM by Lapp20 »
CA-11 Cards & Omni Caps, CA-14 Cards & Omni, CAFS-Omni, CA-9000, CA-9100, CA-Ugly & R-09

Offline guysonic

• Taperssection All-Star
  • WISDOM FOR ALL TIMES
    • Sonic Studios DSM Stereo-Surround Microphone Systems
I don't know for sure what Chris is using, but low temp polyolefin type shrink has dull surface finish, and also comes in variety with hot-melt adhesive inside for really securing the assembly.
"mics? I no got no mics!  Besides, I no have to show you no stink'n mics!" stxxlth taper's disclaimer

DSM HRTF STEREO-SURROUND RECORDING SYSTEMS WEBSITE: http://www.sonicstudios.com

Offline Lapp20

• Taperssection Regular
  • Oh My
Thanks for the input. I order some heatshrink after searching the net for something else. I think I had some old RS heatshrink that was shiney.

Thanks for the reply Guysonic.
Jeff
CA-11 Cards & Omni Caps, CA-14 Cards & Omni, CAFS-Omni, CA-9000, CA-9100, CA-Ugly & R-09

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.112 seconds with 27 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com