Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: audio cassette recycling?  (Read 4148 times)

Offline dr.ph0b

• Local Crew
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Member
  • powpow!
audio cassette recycling?
« on: August 08, 2007, 02:44:26 PM »
anyone know anything about recycling audio cassettes. dont want to just toss em in the landfill cause they certainly arent biodegradable, but i thought i read something about the chemicals in the tape being bad
sold :(  MK4v->KCY->Sonosax SX-M2/LS2->modSBM1->M1
m-s: mk8/mk4v

Offline Carrera2

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Taperssection Member
Re: audio cassette recycling?
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2007, 05:54:45 PM »
I tried google.  In my area....

http://greencitizen.com/what_we_recycle.php

Reviews of Green Citizen
July 31, 2007
Netty L.

$3 to recycle cassette tapes. What a steal.
so I did it. I decided to leave jr. high behind, and I would start by getting rid of all my cassette tapes, the tapes that I labored to collect, the mix tapes from ex-boyfriends, evidence of my cool kid credibility. I had to admit that I didn't listen to any of this stuff anymore, and would not be purchasing a cassette tape player anytime in the near future. I piled them into a paper bag, and searched for "cassette tape recycling." When I found out that Green Citizen was in my area, I squealed with delight. For fifty cents a pound, they recycled my jr. high memories. Good Riddance! They are open 7 days a week, have 2 parking spaces for their downtown SF location, perfect for when you have to haul in bigger electronics like stereos, and computer monitors (which they recycle for FREE). The people in there are super nice, I talked to Dwight. Thank you Green Citizen for the doing the earth (and my conscience a favor).

Offline Belexes

• Trade Count: (10)
  • Needs to get out more...
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2007, 12:59:31 PM »
This company may be able to help or at least point you in the right direction:

http://nationalaudiocompany.com/

Busman Audio BSC1-K1/K2/K3/K4 > HiHo Silver XLR's > Deck TBD

CA-14 (c,o)/MM-HLSC-1 (4.7k mod)/AT853(4.7k mod)(c,o,h,sc)/CAFS (o)/CA-1 (o) > CA-9100 (V. 4.1)/CA-9200/CA-UBB > Sony PCM-D50/Sony PCM-M10

Offline jerryfreak

• No PZ
  • Trade Count: (31)
  • The plural of anecdote is not data
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2020, 07:35:02 AM »
i ended up taking these off of dr. phobs hands way back when...

13 years later i got a new deck and am going thru them, finding a few good-sounding master cassettes that dont exist on archive/etree. most are phish but im currently listening to a tasty first set of buckeye lake 92 (akg 414b XY) on a clean sounding MX-S
« Last Edit: May 12, 2020, 07:39:25 AM by jerryfreak »
Unable to post or PM due to arbitrary censorship of people the mod doesn't like. Please email me using the link in my profile if you need to connect

Offline twatts (pants are so over-rated...)

• <://PHiSH//><
  • Trade Count: (16)
  • Lego made a Mini-Fig of me!
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2020, 11:33:11 AM »
i ended up taking these off of dr. phobs hands way back when...

13 years later i got a new deck and am going thru them, finding a few good-sounding master cassettes that dont exist on archive/etree. most are phish but im currently listening to a tasty first set of buckeye lake 92 (akg 414b XY) on a clean sounding MX-S

Would you be interested in sharing any of that PH???  I have a Nak Tape Deck and can do some work...

Terry
***Do you have PHISH, VIDA BLUE, JAZZ MANDOLIN PROJECT or any other Phish related DATs/Tapes/MDs that need to be transferred???  I can do them for you!!!***

I will return your DATs/Tapes/MDs.  I'll also provide Master FLAC files via DropBox.  PM me for details.

Sony PCM R500 > SPDIF > Tascam HD-P2
Nakamichi DR-3 > (Oade Advanced Concert Mod) Tascam HD-P2
Sony MDS-JE510 > Hosa ODL-276 > Tascam HD-P2

Offline jerryfreak

• No PZ
  • Trade Count: (31)
  • The plural of anecdote is not data
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2020, 06:53:44 PM »

Would you be interested in sharing any of that PH???  I have a Nak Tape Deck and can do some work...

Terry

ive got all the tools here, would prob do them using nak480>AD2K. what i *really* need is someone who has the etree sources at hand to compare

there are some sources here that have lineage, where etree shows unknown lineage, and vice-versa. Is there anybody that has a stash of all the stuff on db.etree? it could get tedious trying to track down sources  seeded over 10 years ago to compare if its worth uploading

(then again, if those sources have disappeared into the ether, i guess its worth uploading a new version, even if same source)
Unable to post or PM due to arbitrary censorship of people the mod doesn't like. Please email me using the link in my profile if you need to connect

Offline heathen

• Trade Count: (23)
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2020, 08:30:36 PM »
Upload first, ask questions later.
Mics: AT4050ST | AT4031 | AT853 (C/SC) | Line Audio CM3 | Sennheiser e614 | Sennheiser MKE2 | DPA 4061 Pre: CA9200 Decks: Zoom F8 | Roland R-05

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.107 seconds with 31 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com