Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Edirol r-09 UNITY and input level set at 8, can it be set lower and still record  (Read 4696 times)

Offline bluntforcetrauma

• Trade Count: (11)
  • Taperssection Member
    • http://themovementschool.org
I really don't think there is Unity setting on the R09 per se.  I've run as low as 5 and as hot as 13 and had no ill effects.  I think Unity is found when tweaking your preamp, to get over the R09's line-level, thus reducing the amount of noise in your recordings and increasing dynamic range.  Thoughts anyone on this?   ??? 

From some brief trials I agree with the pre amp tweaking.  If i have my pre amp over 20db ( sonosax) and then set my edirol accordingly I think to my ears i pick up more noise.  But if i drop the pre a couple notches and the edirol around 8--if it is a loud show, I think i get more synamic range clarity.  One reason I claim this is because during a recent Gov't mule new york run i ran all 3 nights from the same location but did change pre amp and edirol settings slightly for 2 out of 3 nights.  the first 2 shows I kept the setting the same ,i thought came out a little better, and the 3 rd night in which i used the pre- up over 20db is where i think i got a little noise. Of course the band could have adjusted something, or other environmental factors could contribute but i have no control over those.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.045 seconds with 25 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com