Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Is it possible to use Cowon A3 as a binaural sound recording device?  (Read 2164 times)

Offline Baycode

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
Is it possible to use Cowon A3 as a binaural sound recording device?[/color] From the specs there is a A/V line in. But it is not mentioned that a stereo microphone can be attached to this jack. Do anyone have any experience? It is supposed that the device can record as FLAC. The capacity and features excited me very much on this PMP.

Offline professorhalfbaked

• Taperssection Member
Re: Is it possible to use Cowon A3 as a binaural sound recording device?
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2008, 09:09:44 AM »
Is it possible to use Cowon A3 as a binaural sound recording device?[/color] From the specs there is a A/V line in. But it is not mentioned that a stereo microphone can be attached to this jack. Do anyone have any experience? It is supposed that the device can record as FLAC. The capacity and features excited me very much on this PMP.

I assume you are asking if it accepts stereo input?  If so, it seems from the manual (page 30, http://download1.iaudiousa.com/JetAudioInc/jetAudio/Download/iAudio/Manuals/a3/COWON_A3_Manual_English.pdf) that the answer is yes. 

But I should mention that I have no experience with this thing at all, so if the manual is wrong, so am I! :)
What the heck was that for?  Jerk-off...

Offline Baycode

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2008, 09:48:06 AM »
Thank you Professorhalfbaked. Anyone who has any experience with this device?

Offline HarpDoc

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2008, 10:30:26 AM »
Like most of these small MP3 players, it does not look to have rec level meters. I've successfully taped using an Iriver ifp899 in the past using an external level meter that plugs into the headphone out. However, once you factor in the cost and size of having a separate preamp and rec meter, you're better off just getting something made for taping.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.058 seconds with 28 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com