Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Video Editing Problem - SP vs LP  (Read 2363 times)

Offline soccerkid

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
Video Editing Problem - SP vs LP
« on: August 06, 2006, 12:11:36 PM »
I was asked to make a DVD of a wedding that happended last weekend.  The problem that I am running into is one of the cameras recorded in LP and the other one was set SP.  Is there a way to get the videos to match up?  I sync them at the begining, but by the end they are a few seconds off.

I am using Sony Vegas 6.0 and was going to use Excalibur.

Offline treehugger

• Taperssection Regular
Re: Video Editing Problem - SP vs LP
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2006, 05:50:20 PM »
I was asked to make a DVD of a wedding that happended last weekend.  The problem that I am running into is one of the cameras recorded in LP and the other one was set SP.  Is there a way to get the videos to match up?  I sync them at the begining, but by the end they are a few seconds off.

I am using Sony Vegas 6.0 and was going to use Excalibur.

the only problem i've had with mixing sp and lp tapes is that once the lp tape wouldn't play in the camera i was using to export it to the computer.  i had to use the camera it was recorded on and all went well.  if you have access to the original camera, give it a try.

Offline soccerkid

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2006, 08:43:38 PM »
I have both videos imported to my computer, but they do not stay in sync.

Offline BayTaynt3d

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • Live from San Francisco
    • BayTaper.com
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2006, 08:56:43 PM »
This happens all of the time even with video that was both shot at the same tape speed. If the video cams are not running off of the same timecode generator, then this can happen. I don't really think what you are experiencing has anything to do with LP vs. SP at all really as it would be just as likely to occur if they were recorded at the same speed. You need to sync the heads (near the beginning) and then you need to stretch/compress one of the videos near the end such that the tail becomes synced as well. The stretching/compressing algorithm should handle any pitch-shifting if needed, but usually we are only talking about a very small time difference so pitch should be alright. Different apps require different methods, but the concept is the same, sync the beginning by SLIDING one video, then sync the ending by compressing/stretching one video such that the ends are in sync. It can be a PITA, but it works.
BayTaper.com | One Man’s Multimedia Journey Through the San Francisco Jazz & Creative Music Scene

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.048 seconds with 30 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com