Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: SIMA "Jb3 AC/DC adapter"  (Read 16545 times)

Offline slightlys

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Taperssection Member
Re: New Jb3 AC/DC adapter
« Reply #15 on: April 14, 2005, 06:47:26 PM »
SO does this little Sima box  have the same kind of female plug on it that the creative powersupply has so you can use the second half of the creative power supply cord right into the JB3??? I realize this is confusing!
Peluso CEMC6>Bumblebee MiAGi-II silver clad cables>Bm2p+ mod UA-5 >  OCM R-44

Offline momule

• Needs to get out more...
« Reply #16 on: April 14, 2005, 06:58:37 PM »
yes .
And it is three prong instead of two prong like the Adpta plug from Radio shack so you cant put it together wrong   ;)
take it out of the box , find the plug that fits the jb3 , switch it to 5v , and your ready to go.

AKG 463's (uno ck62) > Mackie Onyx Satellite > Microtrack II

Offline slightlys

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #17 on: April 14, 2005, 07:08:57 PM »
so basicallly you could chop off the AC adapter end,(that plugs into the wall of course.) wire a battery connector to the wires set the box to 5V. and kazaam Instant remote power for your JB3?

Offline momule

« Reply #18 on: April 14, 2005, 07:38:09 PM »
the Sima box includes a Wall adapter that plugs into the Voltage regulator Box and a Cigarette adapter so you can either plug the wall adaptor into the box or the Cigg adaptor use it in the field or at your house if you dont have the original Creative adapter.

Offline Lester Flatts

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
  • Son, get down from there...
« Reply #19 on: April 15, 2005, 08:33:04 AM »
Just wondering since I can't seem to find any info.  What is the difference between the SUP-1 and the SUP-2?  They both look identical and was wondering if both will work with the JB3 or just the SUP-1.

I think the only diff is the SUP-2 has one more adaptatip (7) than the SUP-1 (6.)  I have the SUP-2, and I think that's it.
SP C4s>UA5>JB3

Offline Lester Flatts

• Taperssection Regular
  • Son, get down from there...
« Reply #20 on: April 15, 2005, 08:35:23 AM »
so basicallly you could chop off the AC adapter end,(that plugs into the wall of course.) wire a battery connector to the wires set the box to 5V. and kazaam Instant remote power for your JB3?

Don't chop anything!  Just get the Sima box and you're good to go.
SP C4s>UA5>JB3

Offline slightlys

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #21 on: April 15, 2005, 12:10:43 PM »

Don't chop anything!  Just get the Sima box and you're good to go.
I was thinking to make a remote power source just thinking how to attach a battery the easiest? but I guess if I wire up a 9.6v RC Batt to a female lighter adapter than I can just plug in the  provided cigg plug on the Sima box

Offline momule

« Reply #22 on: April 15, 2005, 02:18:39 PM »

I was thinking to make a remote power source just thinking how to attach a battery the easiest? but I guess if I wire up a 9.6v RC Batt to a female lighter adapter than I can just plug in the  provided cigg plug on the Sima box

and still be able to charge your Jb3 in the car on the way to the next town  ;D
Or pass it Onto another user if your Gear happens to change .

Happy friday ..
Nick

Offline hzgone

• Trade Count: (3)
« Reply #23 on: April 29, 2005, 10:26:18 PM »
Couple questions.  I picked up the sima universal adapter set it for 5v and plugged in my jb3 which i have running through a sla 6v 12ah with a cig adapter on it running through the sima adapter.  Question is my jb3 acts really weird, slow reacting and it will not shut down with the sla plugged in.  Anyone else had this happen.  Another question with the sima set at 5v 1.9ah or 4.2v 2.0ah the jb3 asks for 2.4ah 5v, which do you think is better?
http://db.etree.org/hzgone
http://dead.no-ip.info

AKG 391's>MiAGi-II Silver Cables>V3>VX Pocket V2>Fujitsu 2110

on hiatus, semi retired, injured reserve, got hitched, had 2 kids, broke as hell, & my life is over patcher stage of life...

Offline momule

« Reply #24 on: April 30, 2005, 12:04:49 AM »
Couple questions.  I picked up the sima universal adapter set it for 5v and plugged in my jb3 which i have running through a sla 6v 12ah with a cig adapter on it running through the sima adapter.  Question is my jb3 acts really weird, slow reacting and it will not shut down with the sla plugged in.  Anyone else had this happen.  Another question with the sima set at 5v 1.9ah or 4.2v 2.0ah the jb3 asks for 2.4ah 5v, which do you think is better?

never had any sorta slow reaction or anything out of the ordinary. also run the wallyworld version aswell and it has never given me probs aswell and it runs at 4.5v 2.0ah .. I ran the sima box for testing before I posted witha couple jb3's just to sorta or QC if before posting.. I honestly have had no prob's whatsoever Or I wouldnt have posted anything about it..

a +t , Hope ya get the bug fixed..
Nick

Offline hzgone

« Reply #25 on: April 30, 2005, 12:30:09 PM »
+T for all the info.  I haven't done any real testing yet i just finished everything up yesterday and was just playing around with it.  I'll test it out and let you know will also post some pictures.

on hiatus, semi retired, injured reserve, got hitched, had 2 kids, broke as hell, & my life is over patcher stage of life...

Offline Burnt

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #26 on: April 30, 2005, 12:46:32 PM »

You mention you are using a 6v sla, I thought to do what you are doing you need to use a 12v version.  Something about not enough of a voltage difference in a 6v to be able to step down properly to what the JB3 needs.  You should try switching to a 12v that should fix your problems.  I myself use the sima and have had no problems using it with a 9.6v RC battery (with the SUP-1 set at 5v).
AKG C4000 > P-mod UA-5 > NJB3 (48KHz) > SVU-2
DPA 4061 (x1, hat mounted) > MPS 6010 > P-mod UA-5 >  NJB3 (48KHz)

Looking for another 4061 or even a pair of 406x mics to replace my single.  Please help me stealth in stereo.

Offline momule

« Reply #27 on: April 30, 2005, 11:35:57 PM »
good call burnt..

I have not tested the sima with 6v. I use only 12v SLA at this point.
I would suggest as they said try using a 7.2v or higher battery and see if it dont fix your prob..

Offline hzgone

« Reply #28 on: May 04, 2005, 01:07:19 PM »
sounds good thanks for the info.  How much time should i get out of it if i use a 9.6 rc batt

Offline Brian Skalinder

• Complaint Dept.
  • Trade Count: (28)
« Reply #29 on: May 04, 2005, 02:18:43 PM »
How much time should i get out of it if i use a 9.6 rc batt

Depends on the capacity if your battery.  Find out the capacity (noted in AH or mAH) of your battery (it should be clearly labelled), identify the current draw of your gear (if only the JB3, check the FAQ) and then check the Archive | Remote Power forum for how to estimate your run-time.
Milab VM-44 Links > Fostex FR-2LE or
Naiant IPA (tinybox format) >
Roland R-05

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.08 seconds with 43 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com