Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Recreating Mike Millard Analog Recording Set-Up: AKG 451E CK-1 > Nakamichi 550  (Read 28414 times)

Offline MakersMarc

• Trade Count: (17)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • 😈
I’m amazed at the quality. But really Millard was way ahead of his time in terms of the mic quality and location. There weren’t any good sounding GD auds ( a few, yes) from that period, other than Jerry Moore’s Jai Alai tapes. Thanks Mike. 🔥
😈 Mk4v/41v>nbob actives>Baby nbox>Oade warm mod Marantz 620.

Open: 4v/41v>nbobs>Nicky mod Naiant PFA>Oade warm mod 661.

Home: the Stereo Hospital budget refurb rig: Lappie>DragonFly Cobalt/Red with Jitterbug>Nikko NR520/Sansui 221>B&W V202 speakers.

Offline rocksuitcase

• Trade Count: (4)
    • RockSuitcase: stage photography
I’m amazed at the quality. But really Millard was way ahead of his time in terms of the mic quality and location. There weren’t any good sounding GD auds ( a few, yes) from that period, other than Jerry Moore’s Jai Alai tapes. Thanks Mike. 🔥
not to thread jack, but, ahem: look up Marty Weinberg.
https://relix.com/articles/detail/early_tapers_the_united_dead_freaks_of_america_and_the_dawn_of_relix/

music IS love

When you get confused, listen to the music play!

Mics:         AKG460|CK61|CK1|CK3|CK8|Beyer M 201E|DPA 4060 SK
Recorders:Marantz PMD661 OADE Concert mod; Tascam DR680 MKI x2; Sony PCM-M10

Offline MakersMarc

• Trade Count: (17)
  • 😈
I know there were lots of early tapers, but I can think of maybe 10 good GD audience tapes pre-79 and nak700/beyer mics started showing up.
😈 Mk4v/41v>nbob actives>Baby nbox>Oade warm mod Marantz 620.

Open: 4v/41v>nbobs>Nicky mod Naiant PFA>Oade warm mod 661.

Home: the Stereo Hospital budget refurb rig: Lappie>DragonFly Cobalt/Red with Jitterbug>Nikko NR520/Sansui 221>B&W V202 speakers.

Offline rocksuitcase

• Trade Count: (4)
    • RockSuitcase: stage photography
I know there were lots of early tapers, but I can think of maybe 10 good GD audience tapes pre-79 and nak700/beyer mics started showing up.
So I had access to several of the 70's East Coast tapers** stuff on low gen but I'd still have to go no more than 25 VG+ quality AUD's from 68-78. In fact, a lot of high quality cassettes we traded for in the early 80's were from Betty or Owsley boards, some of that lineage we didn;t know about until years later of course.
**Weinberg, Barry Glassberg, Jerry Moore, Mark Cohen a few others.
music IS love

When you get confused, listen to the music play!

Mics:         AKG460|CK61|CK1|CK3|CK8|Beyer M 201E|DPA 4060 SK
Recorders:Marantz PMD661 OADE Concert mod; Tascam DR680 MKI x2; Sony PCM-M10

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.057 seconds with 32 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com