Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Tascam DR-07 MKII - Advice On Settings For Concert Recording. Please Help !!!  (Read 10850 times)

Offline pinksmile

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
Thanks everyone, for all the information you have given me. If i have any more questions i will get back to you. Thanks again.

Offline pinksmile

• Taperssection Newbie
Hi again. I was wondering, if i decided to record a ROGER WATERS WALL CONCERT next year using only the built in microphones on the Tascam DR-07 MKII, what would be the best settings to use ? I am hoping to hear from someone who has actually recorded a WALL SHOW using only the built in microphones on their Tascam DR-07 MKII. If there is anyone out there who has, please respond. Are you able to offer me any help guys ? 

Offline TimeBandit

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Taperssection Regular
The problem with that you have to place the internal mics without barriers to the sound source, that means you have to place the recorder right noticeable on your body which could cause problems if that isn't an open taping act.
If you can get the recorder in you can also get a preamp and mics in, so i'd rather do the recording with external mics.

2nd problem the show might overload the internals. On the DR-05 Tascam specs the mics for 125dB ibut i don't find this on the Dr-07 mk2. and with no extra metering you dont know if the show is below that limit (luck) or not (recording for trash can).
2015 rig: CA-11 -> CA-9100 -> PCM-M10
2016 rig: Sony PCM-M10 + SP-SPSB-4 microphone plug-in power supply +  SP-CMC8 with Low Sens mod
[backup: CA-9100 - Tascam DR-05 Firmware 2.0 + Yamaha Pocketrak W24]
video 2016: Casio EX-100 HS (same as Olympus Stylus1 - but much smaller - japan import not availiable in EU)

Offline pinkfloydie

• Taperssection Newbie
I used the tascam DR07 MKII at a Def Leppard concert last week and was my first time using this device with internal mics. I did have my settings at 24bit/96khz, -6db, low cut off and the input level was at 29( thats the level I used till the peak lights went out). It sounds reasonable good, but the show was really bassy. Tonight seeing Def Leppard again in Newcastle and going to try -12db setting and and boost it using cool edit pro software. 3 months ago I ordered the CA-11 and CA9000 from Chris Church and yet to receive it and earlier in the week in an email that it went out last week. It must be close now!!!! bugger it did not get here by yesterday for tonights Gig.
I want to ask those who uses Ca11 or Ca14's, what gain level did you use on the pre amp CA9000 was +0db, +10db, +30db?
pinkfloydie

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.143 seconds with 30 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com