Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Transfer Comp.: Real-Time S/PDIF vs. Firewire - Files Available for Download  (Read 12031 times)

Offline twatts (pants are so over-rated...)

• <://PHiSH//><
  • Trade Count: (16)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Lego made a Mini-Fig of me!
Re: Transfer Comp.: Real-Time S/PDIF vs. Firewire - Files Available for Downloa
« Reply #45 on: September 19, 2006, 02:39:06 PM »
If the file's MD5 sums can be compared and match perfectly, then the wavs are identical.  There will be no difference in the files because they are identical.  One cannot sound  better than the other because they are identical.  If the MD5 sums don't match, then there could be a difference in sound quality because the files are not identical.

Hence why we use the MD5 system to verify that we have perfect copies of shows.  The 2 samples, if the have the same MD5s, are exactly identical PERIOD.  If you hear a difference, its because you want to.  If everything is done correctly, a perfect digital copy is a perfect digital copy (the MD5 verify as so), so any discrepency is all in your head.

Terry
***Do you have PHISH, VIDA BLUE, JAZZ MANDOLIN PROJECT or any other Phish related DATs/Tapes/MDs that need to be transferred???  I can do them for you!!!***

I will return your DATs/Tapes/MDs.  I'll also provide Master FLAC files via DropBox.  PM me for details.

Sony PCM R500 > SPDIF > Tascam HD-P2
Nakamichi DR-3 > (Oade Advanced Concert Mod) Tascam HD-P2
Sony MDS-JE510 > Hosa ODL-276 > Tascam HD-P2

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.038 seconds with 26 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com