Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: NBOX - rechargeable batteries that work?  (Read 2896 times)

Offline it-goes-to-eleven

• Trade Count: (58)
  • Needs to get out more...
NBOX - rechargeable batteries that work?
« on: August 01, 2005, 05:52:20 PM »
I've started taping with my nbox and things are going well..  I checked the archives but was unable to find any specific info about powering it with rechargeables (just a few threads where folks had problems while trying it).

So for those of you with an nbox, what alternatives to disposables have worked well?

Thanks!

Offline Josephine

• Trade Count: (6)
Re: NBOX - rechargeable batteries that work?
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2005, 09:04:17 AM »
I really wanted to go the rechargeable route, but after a few real BIG disappointments (like missing the last three songs of an incredible Dylan show) I'm using disposables.  I buy Duracels, and like Rick suggested doing, I move the "change every show" batteries to the "change every other show" position and replace the "change every show" with new ones.  It's adding two new batteries per show and it has worked great for me. 
:)
Schoeps MK4 / MK4v / MK41 > actives > NBox+ > R-09HR

~   On Dime   ~
~   My Recordings   ~
~   Live Music Archive   ~

Offline Brendan

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2005, 09:52:47 PM »
my ps-2 eats my recharables like crazy i ALWAYS hafta replace all 8 batteries.... ugh

Offline ChrisV

• Taperssection All-Star
  • Proud member of team 'Lux!
    • My Taping Webpage
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2005, 10:29:38 PM »
500 9V batteries? :o  I'd have to take out a loan if I ever wanted to buy that many I think ;p

Although I can see how you guys can go through them so fast, I know Robert must use a shitload of those here...I barrow his rig on occasion.
http://taping.4t.com
http://db.etree.org/CV
Superlux CM-H8K/C/H/O -> digimod UA-5 -> JB3

Offline Josephine

« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2005, 12:55:47 AM »
didn't you tape the opener before dylan too though josephine?

I did, Sixto ~ I taped Amos Lee AND Merle Haggard that night . . .  so two openers.  And I would have gotten all three acts had I not been using rechargeables.
I agree:  If you're taping shorter shows, rechargeables are the way to go.  For anything over two-and-a-half hours, personally I wouldn't chance it. 

~   On Dime   ~
~   My Recordings   ~

Offline Josephine

« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2005, 09:01:22 PM »
off topic a little, but have you noticed any improvement since you got the sbm1?  have you been liking that piece of gear?  the difference didn't blow me away, but i did like it more especially with the hyper caps, and it looks cool too

I've only been able to use it twice so far, Jason, but I really do like it.  As you say, the difference is far from huge, but I can hear it !! ;)  I'll be giving it another run tomorrow night w/ B.B. King, Robert Cray, Kenny Wayne Shepperd and Joe Bonamassa.  Great seats, awesome (thanks to you!!) equipment, and incredible artists.

~   On Dime   ~
~   My Recordings   ~

Offline jkoch

• Taperssection Member
  • groovy!
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2005, 03:23:20 PM »
anyone know if this is the case with pretty much all rechargeables or just the 9v? i was planning on running rechargeable AAs with the mp-2 but of course don't want it to die midway at DMB or something.
Schoeps MK4s > active cables > NBox+ > Edirol R-09HR

Offline Josephine

« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2005, 03:38:22 PM »
I've been using the Powerex AAs from MAHA -- they work GREAT.  Check out this thread: http://taperssection.com/index.php?topic=42709.0;all

~   On Dime   ~
~   My Recordings   ~

Roving Sign

« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2005, 09:18:59 PM »
It seems to me that rechargeables have gotten WAY better over the past few years...particularly since the advent of digital cameras...

I've been using the green-trimmed Energizer rechargeables with my digi-cam, and they last LONGER than new regular alkaline energizers...and they charge in about 15 minutes...

If you were disappointed by rechargables back in the early days of DAT - check in again...the situation has changed!!!

Offline gngrbrdman13

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2005, 01:34:05 PM »
I dont trust rechargables.  Arent 9V rechargables actually 7.2V ???  Its been so long I cant remember.

Have any of you tried to switch the 9V from one set of connectors to the other?  I run them fresh for about 3.5 to 4hrs.  Then I switch the batts from one side to the other.  One of your battery connectors on the Nbox is for the phantom power and the other is for the pre amp functions.  The phantom side uses very little juice when switched you will notice another 3.5 to 4hrs. of usage for a total of up to 8 hrs on Duracell Ultras.   ;D

dd

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.059 seconds with 35 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com