Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: SetUp for Outdoors  (Read 8773 times)

Offline kgreener

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Taperssection All-Star
Re: SetUp for Outdoors
« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2004, 06:35:04 PM »
I hear a lot about these big DPA screens, where did you get them (Sonic Sense?), and would they fit on small (21cm) mics??

Offline mirth

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Les Hommes Savvent Pourquois
« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2004, 06:37:48 PM »
I have AKG 393's (19mm, I believe) and from what I've read on here they're a nice fit. They were ordered from DaleProAudio (Thanks Jonny for turning me on to them!), and if you call them I'd bet they would sell them for the $12 list price rather than the $14 their site has them at (site also says List - $12).
Governor Jim McGreevey was equally disturbed about the upcoming population increase. "New Jersey cannot support all of these wookies," he said. "For starters, we don't have nearly enough kindbud. At best, we can muster up a Q.P. of some beasties, but we've not a dime-bag more."

Offline creekfreak

• Retired from taping
  • Trade Count: (1)
  • My Son's School Bus
    • Rochester Groove
« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2004, 09:42:59 PM »
Split omni's rock, but so did the tapes I did that I ran omni's about 8 inches apart. Never done NOS, will have to try sometime. ORTF works well with cards if you are close, DIN with cards is always a good bet.
It is company policy never to imply ownership in the event of a dildo - We have to use the indefinite article; "A" dildo, never: "YOUR" dildo.
In Tyler we Trust

And isn't sanity really just a one-trick pony anyway? I mean all you get is one trick, rational thinking, but when you're good and crazy, ooh ooh ooh, the sky is the limit!

My Current Rig:2004 Subaru WRX STI, Stage 3, 360hp, 380lb-ft

Offline kgreener

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #18 on: June 14, 2004, 04:01:20 PM »
ORTF worked wonders yesterday, tapes sound great...thanks to everyone for their help!

peace

Offline danmorgan

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #19 on: June 14, 2004, 04:59:46 PM »
ORTF worked wonders yesterday, tapes sound great...thanks to everyone for their help!

peace

Glad you had a successful run!!

Offline LeftoverSammy

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection Member
  • MG's FUCKIN' A!!
« Reply #20 on: June 25, 2004, 01:46:11 PM »
I have run all configs outdoors and have found ORTF @ 110 to 120deg. produces the best results to my listening tastes when close to the SBD or FOB. Nice fat, well rounded lowend with a big sound stage. Depending on the mics you run you might just find the low end to be a bit much for some playback systems. When I run my Gefells M200's in ORTF outdoors the low end is very pronounced and powerful and might not sound as good on lower end systems. But when you listen on a decent system....WOW!!!

Experiment and go what sounds best to YOUR ears!!
Have fun!

LoS
Microtech Gefell SMS2000's (M20 & M21 caps) > Luminous Audio Monarch II's or Audio Magic Silvers > MixPre 3
Grace Designs V3
Marantz PMD661
Core Sound Stealthy Cardiod mics > Battbox> Tascam DR-7

Former Nak CM300 & CM700 Vet (CP1, CP2, CP3 & CP4 caps), MX-100

Its 420.....24/7.....365!! :-)

Offline kgreener

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #21 on: June 25, 2004, 02:13:38 PM »
well said Sammy...i'm liking ortf at 110 a *lot* lately (i will keep 120 in mind too).  i get another chance to try it on july 5th with a nice jazz-funk outfit, outdoors in the exact same place.  my last recording sounded great, but it was a jazz singer along with only an acoustic bass and hollow-body guitar.  this next time will be drums, keys, guitar and bass, so that will give me a better indication of how the low-end is sounding.

thanks again!

peace

Offline Craig T

• Trade Count: (10)
    • LMA
« Reply #22 on: June 25, 2004, 02:42:21 PM »
you should at least try x/y.  i use it over ortf if I'm close enough.

nice av.  I have an ice cold bottle of Prima Pils waiting for me at home.  I've got to get over to Victory for a brewery tour one of these days.  If you like the Prima, try the Warsteiner Premium Verum - http://www.warsteiner-usa.com.
Schoeps cmc6/4v / Beyer mc950 / Line Audio CM3, OM1 / ADK A51 / Church Audio CA-14
Naiant Tinybox v2.2 / NBox(P) / Church Audio ST9200 / CA-UGLY
Sony PCM-M10 / Zoom F3 / Zoom F6

Offline kgreener

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #23 on: June 25, 2004, 02:53:51 PM »
will do on the x/y...i'd like to try all of these configs if possible.

another prima lover, alright!  they (victory) simply don't make a bad beer, pretty much everything is awesome.  hop devil is another big favorite, as is storm king in the winter.  leaving for a week at the beach (delaware) tomorrow and i have a case of prima and 'devil ready to go.  i too need to get over to downingtown for a visit, just the other day a pal said the same thing. 

yes, i have had the warsteiner, but it's been a while since i've picked some up.  i will try to grab a six and do some straight up taste-testing (prima vs. warsteiner) with my bro' next week.  i'll let you know how it goes  ;D

later!

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.057 seconds with 34 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com