Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: i'm bummin' .....  (Read 3353 times)

Offline Brian

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Needs to get out more...
i'm bummin' .....
« on: November 10, 2007, 12:50:03 PM »
.....cause i just found out that noiseware standalone app is for windows only :-\
« Last Edit: November 10, 2007, 12:54:25 PM by Brian »

Offline BJ

• been around the world and found that only stupid people are breeding the cretins cloning and feeding
  • Trade Count: (16)
  • They're baaack! ??
Re: i'm bummin' .....
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2007, 01:54:52 PM »
Noise Ninja 2.1.1 standalone software

standalone version of Noise Ninja. Available on Windows, Mac (Intel and PowerPC) and Linux (x86).  $ 34.95
Auditory
Intake  waves -> 0/1's -> waves
it's magic 

Offline Brian

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2007, 02:57:22 PM »
Noise Ninja 2.1.1 standalone software

standalone version of Noise Ninja. Available on Windows, Mac (Intel and PowerPC) and Linux (x86).  $ 34.95

thanks! will have to check it out.  can anybody compare this program to noiseware?

Offline phanophish

• ImageLume Photography
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2007, 01:46:59 PM »
When I first found Noiseware I tried it and Noise Ninja side by side on the PC and personally don't even think it is close.  Noiseware win hands down for me.   I thought that Noiseware had a Mac version of their plugin, do you have Photoshop?   If so you can batch the Noiseware plugin and do anything you might need in PS.  Is there a specific reason you are looking for the standalone app?  Both have a free trial so give it a shot and compare for yourself.

I suppose it is also worth mentioning that I shoot Nikon and their bodies produce a slightly different (and more noticeable) noise at high ISO so it may be different for Canon shooters.  Noiseware just seems to me much better about maintaining sharpness while reducing the noise.

Go KU!  The Arrowhead game should be a big one this year........
« Last Edit: November 12, 2007, 01:50:13 PM by phanophish »

Photo:  Nikon D300, D200, 35mm f/1.8,  50mm f/1.4, 85mm f/1.8, Nikon 17-55 f/2.8, Sigma 18-50/2.8 Macro, 18-70 f/4.5-5.6, 24-120 f/3.5-5.6 VR, Sigma 10-20 f4-5.6, Nikon 70-200 f/2.8VR, SB-800

Jake: What's this?
Elwood: What?
Jake: This car. This stupid car. Where's the Cadillac? The Caddy? Where's the Caddy?
Elwood: The what?
Jake: The Cadillac we used to have. The Blues Mobile!
Elwood: I traded it.
Jake: You traded the Blues Mobile for this?
Elwood: No. For a microphone.
Jake: A microphone? Okay I can see that.

Offline BJ

• been around the world and found that only stupid people are breeding the cretins cloning and feeding
  • They're baaack! ??
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2007, 03:04:35 PM »
When I first found Noiseware I tried it and Noise Ninja side by side on the PC and personally don't even think it is close.  Noiseware win hands down for me.   I thought that Noiseware had a Mac version of their plugin, do you have Photoshop?   If so you can batch the Noiseware plugin and do anything you might need in PS.  Is there a specific reason you are looking for the standalone app?  Both have a free trial so give it a shot and compare for yourself.

I suppose it is also worth mentioning that I shoot Nikon and their bodies produce a slightly different (and more noticeable) noise at high ISO so it may be different for Canon shooters.  Noiseware just seems to me much better about maintaining sharpness while reducing the noise.

I have read this on many reviews, as well as people who thought Ninja was better(although not as many).  Unfortunately Brian, I think NN is the only standalone for Mac, I know Noiseware, NeatImage, and NN all have the plugins though.  NN isn't bad at all though, and I think you would be pleasantly surprised by its capabilities.  Are you mainly using it for concert photog correction for high ISO?
Auditory
it's magic 

Offline phanophish

• ImageLume Photography
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2007, 03:11:23 PM »

I have read this on many reviews, as well as people who thought Ninja was better(although not as many).  Unfortunately Brian, I think NN is the only standalone for Mac, I know Noiseware, NeatImage, and NN all have the plugins though.  NN isn't bad at all though, and I think you would be pleasantly surprised by its capabilities.  Are you mainly using it for concert photog correction for high ISO?

Mainly for concert stuff yes.  Most everything else I shoot has sufficient light that noise is not a real problem.  I was using NN prior to moving to Noiseware.  Maybe I wasn't doing something correctly.  I was using the PS plugin and pretty much the default settings although I did download a preset that was supposedly tailored for the D70 and got noticeable better results than the defaults, both were much better than a raw image.  But one try with Noiseware and I was sold.  I'll have to go back and do some testing just out of curiosity now.  I'll try and post what I find.

Photo:  Nikon D300, D200, 35mm f/1.8,  50mm f/1.4, 85mm f/1.8, Nikon 17-55 f/2.8, Sigma 18-50/2.8 Macro, 18-70 f/4.5-5.6, 24-120 f/3.5-5.6 VR, Sigma 10-20 f4-5.6, Nikon 70-200 f/2.8VR, SB-800

Jake: This car. This stupid car. Where's the Cadillac? The Caddy? Where's the Caddy?

Offline BJ

• They're baaack! ??
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2007, 03:20:18 PM »

Mainly for concert stuff yes.  Most everything else I shoot has sufficient light that noise is not a real problem.  I was using NN prior to moving to Noiseware.  Maybe I wasn't doing something correctly.  I was using the PS plugin and pretty much the default settings although I did download a preset that was supposedly tailored for the D70 and got noticeable better results than the defaults, both were much better than a raw image.  But one try with Noiseware and I was sold.  I'll have to go back and do some testing just out of curiosity now.  I'll try and post what I find.

I believe you that Noiseware is better, I have never used either one.  Only read reviews.  I found a tutorial online that a guy showed how he did portrait touchups (skin) with NN plugin...and it looked simply amazing, but I am such a newb at ps, that everything i see looks amazing.
Auditory
it's magic 

Offline phanophish

• ImageLume Photography
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2007, 03:27:02 PM »

I believe you that Noiseware is better, I have never used either one.  Only read reviews.  I found a tutorial online that a guy showed how he did portrait touchups (skin) with NN plugin...and it looked simply amazing, but I am such a newb at ps, that everything i see looks amazing.

Photoshop is something that is almost unlimited in how you use it and how much you can learn.  So extremely powerful, I feel like I'm at about level 3/10 as far as really being a power user in PS.  I can handle the basics no problem, but learn something new almost every time I open the program.  Too much fun!

Offline Brian

« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2007, 03:46:43 PM »
no, i don't have photoshop yet so that's why i was looking for a standalone.  noise ninja has worked pretty well so far, but the first thing i did notice is that is that the pictures lost a little sharpness if i went too far. Even using it minimally, it improved my concert pictures.

when i get photoshop, i'll get the noiseware plugin, but in the meantime, noise ninja is fine for what i'm doing........which is learning a lot :)

re: KU vs MU ..... going to be a great game!

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.165 seconds with 34 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com