Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: CA-11 / Tascam DR-07 question  (Read 1962 times)

Offline bigu2fan

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection Regular
CA-11 / Tascam DR-07 question
« on: April 16, 2010, 01:39:35 PM »
I typically tape with my CA-11 mics plugged into a battery box that's plugged in to my Tascam DR-07 line in. I do this mainly for louder rock shows. I am going to an acoustic show in the next few days and thought it would be better to use the CA-11 plugged directly into the mic in without battery box. If I do this, I assume I need to switch the power "on" in the DR-07 mic input settings screen. Is this correct?

I used my standard CA-11 > battery box > (line-in) DR-07 at an acoustic show a few days ago, and the levels were WAY to low. That is why I want to to the route above. What do you think?

Offline Jammin72

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Member
Re: CA-11 / Tascam DR-07 question
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2010, 06:07:45 PM »
Don't have any experience with that rig but maybe it would be best to run mics b.box -> mic in w/no mic power on the deck? That way you know you're getting the power to the mics that Chris Intended and you'll have the ability to tweak the levels a bit on the recorder. Test it out... 
Yes, but what do you HEAR?

Offline Church-Audio

• Trade Count: (44)
  • Needs to get out more...
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2010, 08:45:47 PM »
I typically tape with my CA-11 mics plugged into a battery box that's plugged in to my Tascam DR-07 line in. I do this mainly for louder rock shows. I am going to an acoustic show in the next few days and thought it would be better to use the CA-11 plugged directly into the mic in without battery box. If I do this, I assume I need to switch the power "on" in the DR-07 mic input settings screen. Is this correct?

I used my standard CA-11 > battery box > (line-in) DR-07 at an acoustic show a few days ago, and the levels were WAY to low. That is why I want to to the route above. What do you think?

When you need gain you can go battery box mic input.. Disable the plug in power. For loud shows use the line input with your battery box.. Sometimes you can get away with no battery box but that depends on the sound pressure.
for warranty returns email me at
EMAIL Sales@church-audio.com

Offline bigu2fan

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection Regular
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2010, 09:55:41 AM »
chris:

you are the man! thanks for the response. i really want to get a good capture on this one. i will go ca 11>battery box>(mic in) DR-07 with plug in power turned OFF. i just did some testing and it seems to work pretty well. with the plug in power on the dr07 turned off, i won't damage the mics, correct?

--bigu2fan

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.346 seconds with 28 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com