Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: ratshack digital signal converter testing :)  (Read 23021 times)

Offline pfife

• Emperor of Ticketucky
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • I love/hate tickets.
Re: ratshack digital signal converter testing :)
« Reply #90 on: January 10, 2005, 07:54:09 AM »
Yep, they were all gone from every local store around here except for one which was a display model I snagged.

Have you run it yet?   IF so, how are your results?  I should be getting my sbm-1 soon, so I'll let you know how my results are.  Has anyone found out whether this sucka is bit perfect or not?

FWIW - The dude at my local radio shack told me they have 4 in stock - I bought 1, so there are three - if anyone is interested, I can try to score one up and ship it out if you so desire, for cost - no profit by me.    I don't think they'll sell - the computer told him he had 4 of them, but it took him 5 minutes to find one, and it was buried... don't think anyone is looking to purchase them.

« Last Edit: January 10, 2005, 07:56:16 AM by pfife »
Tickets are dead to me.  Except the ones I have, don't have, and lost.  Not to mention the ones you have, don't have, and lost.   And the ones that other dude has, doesn't have, and lost.  Let me know if you need some tickets, I'm happy to oblige. 

Tickets >>>>>>>> Oxygen

Offline ChrisV

• Taperssection All-Star
  • Proud member of team 'Lux!
    • My Taping Webpage
« Reply #91 on: January 10, 2005, 06:14:55 PM »
Yeah, I posted results somewhere on this big thread ;p

It worked great with the UA-5 and I did find it to be bitperfect when using it to convert coax to optical(didn't test converting optical to coax).

It completely bombed when using it on a mod SBM-1 I barrowed though.   No need to check to see if it was bitperfect on that because the recordings were littered with little skips and jumps throughout.    Lemme know if you can ever get it to work w/ that because that was my main purpose I bought one in the first place so I could use my JB3 when barrowing another taper's rig.
http://taping.4t.com
http://db.etree.org/CV
Superlux CM-H8K/C/H/O -> digimod UA-5 -> JB3

Offline pfife

• Emperor of Ticketucky
  • I love/hate tickets.
« Reply #92 on: January 10, 2005, 09:02:07 PM »
It completely bombed when using it on a mod SBM-1 I barrowed though.   No need to check to see if it was bitperfect on that because the recordings were littered with little skips and jumps throughout.    Lemme know if you can ever get it to work w/ that because that was my main purpose I bought one in the first place so I could use my JB3 when barrowing another taper's rig.

I am finding the same thing right now.  I am wondering if it is cause I pushed 48Khz through it.  Maybe it'll work with 44.1?

« Last Edit: January 10, 2005, 09:15:17 PM by pfife »
Tickets are dead to me.  Except the ones I have, don't have, and lost.  Not to mention the ones you have, don't have, and lost.   And the ones that other dude has, doesn't have, and lost.  Let me know if you need some tickets, I'm happy to oblige. 

Tickets >>>>>>>> Oxygen

Offline pfife

• Emperor of Ticketucky
  • I love/hate tickets.
« Reply #93 on: January 11, 2005, 07:53:18 AM »
Even worse results over 44.1Khz.  On to something else for this connection...
 :(

Tickets >>>>>>>> Oxygen

Offline Patrick

• Evil Urges, Baby.
  • Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #94 on: December 05, 2005, 04:43:54 PM »
Bump.  I'm at ratshack right now and they have them on clearance for $10.  Should I get it? 
Monitor Engineer: Band of Horses, Cage the Elephant, Bruce Hornsby, The Head and the Heart, Josh Ritter

Live Music Archive Bookmarks

Offline bluegrass_brad

• Trade Count: (16)
  • Old and in the way.
« Reply #95 on: December 05, 2005, 04:54:37 PM »
No, it is a POS.
CK1x, CK2x, CK3x > Hub Industry Cables > Naiant PFA or MK46 > 460B
CK1, CK8, CK63 > 460b

"That was back in a time when society was not quite ready for this music. Anyone remember those days? That's when punk rock was dangerous, right?" - Mike Ness

Roving Sign

« Reply #96 on: December 05, 2005, 04:58:13 PM »
Bump.  I'm at ratshack right now and they have them on clearance for $10.  Should I get it? 

A quick study of this thread gives one the idea that the SBM1 combo might not work...probably due to Sony's odd SPDIF implementation

But maybe a good backup for the HOSA/CO2 devices everyone uses...for 10 bucks you might be glad you had it...

Offline bluegrass_brad

• Trade Count: (16)
  • Old and in the way.
« Reply #97 on: December 05, 2005, 05:02:28 PM »
I used one with an SBM-1 ( as was mentioned before, introduced pops/clicks, etc).  then used one to patch out of a P1 and a D8 and had the same problems.  I personally wouldnt use one due to my experiances with it. I never got a successful attempt with it (tried 5 or 6 times).  of course as always YMMV
CK1x, CK2x, CK3x > Hub Industry Cables > Naiant PFA or MK46 > 460B
CK1, CK8, CK63 > 460b

"That was back in a time when society was not quite ready for this music. Anyone remember those days? That's when punk rock was dangerous, right?" - Mike Ness

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.075 seconds with 33 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com