Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: dumb UA5 question  (Read 1990 times)

Offline RRobar

• Mac Design Geek
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • "It's allgood ....brah!"
    • Headway Graphixx
dumb UA5 question
« on: October 28, 2005, 03:19:33 PM »
Does the analog outputs work on a non digi mod UA5. Meaning can one run a signal out of the analog RCA outputs standalone. I have a ua5 that some one tried the DYI digimod and didn't do it right. I think it's just a case of to much sodder. But in the mean time can I just run mics>ua5>D8 line in? I know it's not using the AD stage of the UA5 but it owuld be using the Preamp right? Or am I just thinking crazy!
Need Graphic Design Work? Goto http://www.headwaygraphixx.com

Offline Chanher

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • Colorado Crew
Re: dumb UA5 question
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2005, 03:34:29 PM »
Does the analog outputs work on a non digi mod UA5. Meaning can one run a signal out of the analog RCA outputs standalone. I have a ua5 that some one tried the DYI digimod and didn't do it right. I think it's just a case of to much sodder. But in the mean time can I just run mics>ua5>D8 line in? I know it's not using the AD stage of the UA5 but it owuld be using the Preamp right? Or am I just thinking crazy!

yes the analog outputs should work on a stock ua-5 that is NOT hooked up to a computer.
Line Audio CM4 / AT853Rx (c,h,o) / Studio Projects C4 MKII (c,h,o)
Sound Devices MP-2 / bm2p+ Edirol UA-5
Zoom F3 / F6 / Marantz Oade Warm Mod PMD661 / Tascam DR-70D

Offline Brian Skalinder

• Complaint Dept.
  • Trade Count: (28)
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2005, 03:38:06 PM »
I know it's not using the AD stage of the UA5 but it owuld be using the Preamp right?

Actually, it IS using the UA5s ADC.  The UA5 does not have analog passthrough, so your signal path = mics > UA5 pre > ADC > DAC > RCA outs > D8.  But yeah, that'll work until you sort out the non-functional digi-mod.
Milab VM-44 Links > Fostex FR-2LE or
Naiant IPA (tinybox format) >
Roland R-05

Offline RRobar

• Mac Design Geek
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • "It's allgood ....brah!"
    • Headway Graphixx
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2005, 04:13:28 PM »
I figured so. This UA5 was given to me and I had not even thought about using it that way. Not sure what I was doing. I had planned on asking for some C4's for christmas (or similar lower cost LD mics) and if I don't need to buy a pre right now it's a better sell to the wife. I do however need to get a new stand and some decent cables.

I thought I had read that it could be used this way, it just didn't click until last night at the detroit Crowes show.
Need Graphic Design Work? Goto http://www.headwaygraphixx.com

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.054 seconds with 28 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com