Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Universal Actives Mounting Bar for DIN, DINa, ORTF, NOS, XY90, XY110  (Read 8559 times)

stevetoney

• Trade Count: (0)
In two weeks, I will start ordering Delrin and aluminum materials for constructing my own Universal Mounting Bar for active microphones.  I've tried to interest our resident makers of these types of things in doing this for their own profit, but there has been no active interest expressed.  This has been sitting around as an idea now for four months...so its time to take action.

The design is my own.  It's simple, yet effective and will be able to provide every major mounting configuration in a single bar, including DIN, DINa, ORTF, NOS, XY90 and XY110. 

Within reason, I'll also make the same thing for others.  I'm not gonna do this for anything other than to offer it up for others to have a MUCH needed solution to a currently unsolved problem (that there is no cheap universal mounting bar).

The reasons I'm doing this are
a) I have a good design,
b) I'm tired of not have a good mount in my own bag myself,
c) prices for such a simple device as a mic mount are just too high ($500 for a DPA, several hundred for Schoeps... gimme a break!).

Here is a conceptual drawing of my design...

In addition to this providing a universal mounting solution in one assembly, you'll notice that the cradle concept will not hinder windscreens and furballs.

The concept is that the cradle will hold the mics.  There will be a rubber O-ring or bungee that holds the capsule in place in the cradle.  I will provide plenty of extra O-rings for loss, but I'll try to incorporate into the design a feature that captures the O-ring.  In case of emergency, rubber bands are a commonly available resource that will work. 

The cradle will be sized to fit most major mic capsules.

Detents or grooves will be milled into the mating surfaces of the cradles and the center bar in order to lock-in-place the cradles at the correct mounting angle.  The assembly pieces will be attached with basic Home Depot hardware (nut, bolt, lockwashers, etc.).

The center bar will have a simple center telescoping tube that enables the bar to be expanded to a width that allows capsule spacing from 17cm to 30cm.

The center bar and cradles will be constructed from Delrin.  The XY attachments will be aluminum and will be sized to ensure that they extend around the skeleton of the Schoeps A20 mount, the Busman mount, or the Joe Meek mount.  The reason these attachments will be aluminum is a) to make them VERY low cost, and b) to provide for ease of construction (simply bending the bar stock to get the proper capsule offset.)

The center bar outside diameter will be the same diameter as the interfacing cradle on the shockmounts (I believe that's 22mm).  The split in the center bar will be offset so that the center bar will always be able to be properly centered in the shockmount.

I can't make any promises on when I will have these ready to go, but it will probably depend on how many others want to join in.  I also can't promise that this will be a slickly packaged completely professional end product...say with professional silk screening and bells and whistles and lots of Quality Control built into it.  However, I will promise that if I can't give you something that works, I won't ask for anything in return.  Obviously, I will be making and testing prototypes to ensure the quality is there and it will withstand the rigors of the club environment.

I don't know right now how much this will cost.  I know the approximate cost of materials and I can't imagine we're talking much different than the $80 - $100 range...just not sure at this point.  I do know that I can only do this price by accomodating a small enough number that I do the machining myself. 

Please let me know if you're interested in having a similar product made for your rig.

As stated above, I will be ordering materials for my prototype(s) in two weeks.  As soon as I receive these materials, I will begin making my prototype and probably post some pictures seeking feedback.  After agreement is reached on the final design, I'll solicit requests from people that want their own.

Take care.

Steve
« Last Edit: January 14, 2009, 06:16:25 PM by tonedeaf »

stevetoney

Re: Universal Actives Mounting Bar for DIN, DINa, ORTF, NOS, XY90, XY110
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2009, 06:28:36 PM »
PS to my post above.  The reason I'm posting this two weeks in advance of ordering the prototype materials is that I'm on my final 2 week trip to Slovenia for work.  When I get home, I'll finally have the time I hope to tackle such a project.

I also figure that by posting this now, it makes it more of a real commitment rather than something to sluff off another four months longer on...or maybe forever.  Course, if nobody else is interested, I might sluff it off forever.   :P

Offline Brian Skalinder

• Complaint Dept.
  • Trade Count: (28)
  • Needs to get out more...
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2009, 06:36:09 PM »
How will the sliding center bar be secured at a fixed length and be prevented from rotating around the long axis of the rod?  Friction?

Not that it matters all that much, but...are you certain the Busman Audio, Joe Meek, and Schoeps shockmounts all have the same diameter?  The Schoeps A20(S) is 20mm.  Not sure about the others.

When you say the cradles and center bar mounting area will have detents on the mating areas for locking the cradles to the center bar at the correct angle, I'm not sure I follow.  Is this to enable locking into 90º included angle (e.g. 45º on each side), or 110º included angle?  If so, consider skipping the detents so users may vary the included angle to any angle they wish.  It's easy enough for users to create a mark on the center bar (with a pen or etch) for easy alignment at standard angles.  Personally, I would find the the ability to vary the included angle an important feature.  But others may not.  $0.02
Milab VM-44 Links > Fostex FR-2LE or
Naiant IPA (tinybox format) >
Roland R-05

Offline Jhurlbs81

• Trade Count: (20)
    • My LMA collection
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2009, 06:54:00 PM »
Yes, i like the variable angle option, too.
FREE JERRYFREAK!

stevetoney

« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2009, 07:25:11 PM »
Good questions!  Thanks Brian!

How will the sliding center bar be secured at a fixed length and be prevented from rotating around the long axis of the rod?  Friction?

Initial thoughts were either friction or a locking pin of some sort that protruded both the bar and the tube.  Proper length indicated by some sort of marking convention on the tube.  This is a definite issue that prototype 'playing around with' with ferret out.

Not that it matters all that much, but...are you certain the Busman Audio, Joe Meek, and Schoeps shockmounts all have the same diameter?  The Schoeps A20(S) is 20mm.  Not sure about the others.

Not sure.  Pretty sure I'd read somewhere that they're all same.  I have the busman at home that I'll base an initial measurement from and compare with your 20mm for the A20 and the owners of the Meeks.

When you say the cradles and center bar mounting area will have detents on the mating areas for locking the cradles to the center bar at the correct angle, I'm not sure I follow.  Is this to enable locking into 90º included angle (e.g. 45º on each side), or 110º included angle?  If so, consider skipping the detents so users may vary the included angle to any angle they wish.  It's easy enough for users to create a mark on the center bar (with a pen or etch) for easy alignment at standard angles.  Personally, I would find the the ability to vary the included angle an important feature.  But others may not.  $0.02

Thats what the intent of the detents were, so that they could lock-in-place at specified angles.  The thought was that this would be a little less 'flimsly' or apt to slide away from the desired angle.  If two flat surfaces are joined together with just the pressure of the nut and bolt holding them together, the cradle angle might slip a bit when it's at the top of a stand and cables are tugging away...just a thought.

Marks work for me too and, with no detents on the mating parts, would be easier to manufacture.  I had considered that also but figured that prefabbed mounting angles would be a more attractive feature for peeps and easier to setup in a dark club environment.  But I'd actually prefer variablility on angles too! 

Opinions/votes are heartily welcomed, as well as any other comments on the design or my responses to questions!
« Last Edit: January 14, 2009, 07:34:54 PM by tonedeaf »

Offline Javier Cinakowski

• !! Downhill From Here !!
  • Trade Count: (11)
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2009, 07:36:37 PM »
the telescoping center peice is brliiiant....
Neumann KM185mp OR DPA ST2015-> Grace Design Lunatec V2-> Tascam DR-100mkIII

Offline dmonkey

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2009, 08:37:03 PM »
You can count me in the interested category. Cool idea!
MK4's, KM140's or MC930's >  Tinybox or Aerco MP-2 > R-09, M-10, R-44 (Oade CM) or MixPre-6

Offline ArchivalAudio

• Trade Count: (19)
  • Teams Milab | MBHO | TeamVW:2011 Touareg TDI
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2009, 09:51:03 PM »
Nice to see your idea coming to fruition

looking forward to seeing the results

peace
-- Ian
~ Archival Audio ~
Archiving Worthy Music
since 1986 & digitally since 1995

https://www.facebook.com/ArchivalAudio/

Main Mics: Milab VM-44 Links • Milab DC-196's (Matched  Pair)  • MBHO KA500 or KA300 •
PreAmps:  BaybNbox  • Naiant LittleBox • Naiant [Milab VM44] TinyBox • Naiant PIPsqueak
Recorders: MixPre 10T •  Tascam DR-100 mkIII • Sony A-10 • Sony M-10 

macMini 3Ghz i7 16GB Ram 500GB SSD • MOTU UltraLite
Naiant MSH-2's •   TOA K1's • Beyer TG 153c's •  AT 853 (4.7kmod darktrain) • Countryman B3's (1 k mod)  + other assorted mics

Offline 69mako

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2009, 03:35:34 AM »
Looks nice.  Count me in.  I'm a machinst by trade, so if you need a hand fabricating any of it, drop me a PM.

Mako
http://db.etree.org/69mako

007: Church Audio CA-14c -> Church Audio St-9100 preamp -> R-09HR

Open: Busman BSC1 mics (X2) -> Hydra Cables (X2) -> Tmod R4

Offline krsb

• Trade Count: (15)
  • Taperssection Regular
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2009, 07:35:17 AM »
I'm in, if Euro members can hop on board.

Great project!

cb

Busman BCS1, Busman BSCS-L, DPA 4023, Neumann KM 184, KM 183
Lunatec V3, Naiant Midbox
Oade ACM Marantz PMD 661, Sony D50, Tascam DR680
+ lotsa darktrain cables :-)

stevetoney

« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2009, 08:26:49 AM »

Great project!

cb

Of course!  There's no Euro discrimination in my blood, although the Parisians could use an attitude adjustment!  LOL!

Offline nottingham

• Trade Count: (18)
  • Taperssection Member
  • There's wisemen hiding in the mountains
« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2009, 07:49:25 PM »
 ;D I'm in.
Schoeps MK4-MK41>cmc6/Nbob actives/Naiant LB/Naiant TB > Sony M10/PMD620

Offline beeco

• Taperssection Member
  • Copyright 2008, a production of Camp Totally Lit
« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2009, 08:31:14 PM »
Sign me up for one of those for sure.  Great project.   :cheers:
Now you see it:  ADK 51TL,  or MK4/41>KC5>CMC6, or AT4051b/4049a > Wendt X2 > R-09HR
Now you don't:   CA-14c  or DPA4061 > CA ST-9100 > R-09HR

"Wait a minute, this sounds like rock and or roll!" Reverend Lovejoy

Offline tgakidis

• Trade Count: (552)
    • My Recordings on the Archive:
« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2009, 09:58:44 PM »
Me too please....
GAKables: Custom XLR, Digi & Batt Cables http://taperssection.com/index.php?topic=133186.0

Mics: Schoeps CMC6 x 4, Schoeps CMC1K x 2 / Schoeps KC 5G x 2 / Schoeps MK4,MK41,MK21,MK22 x 2 / Austrian Audio OC818 Dual Set+ / Telefunken TF-11 x 2 / Telefunken ELA M 260 x 4 / Telefunken M960FS x 2 / TK60,TK61,TK62 x 2 / Telefunken M60,TK60 x 2 / AKG c426b / AKG c34 / nBob AKG Actives>PFA x 4 / CK61,CK63,CK8 x 2 / AT853 4.7k Mod (Card,Sub)
Pres: Sonosax SX-AD8+ / Sonosax SX-M2D2 / Sonosax SX-M2 / Lunatec V3
Recs: Sonosax SX-R4+ / Sound Devices MixPre-6ii / Marantz PMD-661 / Roland R-07 / Zoom F3

My Recordings: https://archive.org/search.php?query=taper%3A%28Gakidis%29&sort=-da

Offline krsb

• Trade Count: (15)
  • Taperssection Regular
« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2009, 12:01:00 PM »
Agreed!

Vive le universal actives mounting bar!

Of course at some point, you will have to think of a name for this baby.

My first proposal: le UAMbar

cb

Great project!

cb

Of course!  There's no Euro discrimination in my blood, although the Parisians could use an attitude adjustment!  LOL!
Busman BCS1, Busman BSCS-L, DPA 4023, Neumann KM 184, KM 183
Lunatec V3, Naiant Midbox
Oade ACM Marantz PMD 661, Sony D50, Tascam DR680
+ lotsa darktrain cables :-)

Offline carlbeck

• Trade Count: (14)
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2009, 02:02:43 PM »
Yep count me in for one of these.
I know you like, tape for people's approval and stuff, and wave your tapes around like they're your dick...  but even you can't actually think section tapes from philips sound good.  

Mics: Telefunken Elam 260, 61, 62, MBHO KA200, KA500 > Niant PFA's, AKG C34L-MS
Preamps: Grace Lunatec V2, Shure FP24
Decks: Tascam DR-2d, Zoom F8

Old rig: Recording: AKG C34 & AKG CK1X or CK2X > MK46 > 460 > Aeta Mix2000 > Sound Devices 702

Playback: Thorens TD125, Denon DVD-2900> Bel Canto DAC-1 > Audible Illusions 3B > Rogue Atlas >ZU Wax Shotgun> Hyperion 938
ALL TUBES BABY!!!

Offline F.O.Bean

• Team Schoeps Tapir that
  • Trade Count: (126)
  • Taperus Maximus
    • MediaFire Recordings
« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2009, 10:26:15 PM »
"The Steve Bar" :P ;D or "The Tone Bar" :)
Schoeps MK 4V & MK 41V ->
Schoeps 250|0 KCY's (x2) ->
Naiant +60v|Low Noise PFA's (x2) ->
DarkTrain Right Angle Stubby XLR's (x3) ->
Sound Devices MixPre-6 & MixPre-3

http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/diskobean
http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/Bean420
http://bt.etree.org/mytorrents.php
http://www.mediafire.com/folder/j9eu80jpuaubz/Recordings

stevetoney

« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2009, 04:10:48 AM »
I'm gonna be honest with everyone.  After seeing Robb's vark bar array of products which basically expands the concept of the Vark Bar, I personnally feel that solves the problem that I was seeking to address by putting together a universal bar solution.

Now, I do still see that there are some differences in what I have outlined in my design (not sure I'd call that advantages though).  Main thing is that the cradle concept would allow for the universal mounting of screens. 

I've said this before, I'm not interested in getting into manufacturing.  I primarily was motivated by my own desire for a low cost universal mounting solution, which I feel that Robb has developed.  Therefore, I'm compelled to STOP this project now and let Robbs solution be the answer to the problem.

On the other hand, if peeps feel strongly about this design, I might still feel compelled to go forward with it...or I'm CERTAINLY willing to let someone else take the ball.

Thoughts?
« Last Edit: January 20, 2009, 04:14:39 AM by tonedeaf »

Offline tgakidis

« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2009, 04:39:59 AM »
To bad....
GAKables: Custom XLR, Digi & Batt Cables http://taperssection.com/index.php?topic=133186.0

Mics: Schoeps CMC6 x 4, Schoeps CMC1K x 2 / Schoeps KC 5G x 2 / Schoeps MK4,MK41,MK21,MK22 x 2 / Austrian Audio OC818 Dual Set+ / Telefunken TF-11 x 2 / Telefunken ELA M 260 x 4 / Telefunken M960FS x 2 / TK60,TK61,TK62 x 2 / Telefunken M60,TK60 x 2 / AKG c426b / AKG c34 / nBob AKG Actives>PFA x 4 / CK61,CK63,CK8 x 2 / AT853 4.7k Mod (Card,Sub)
Recs: Sonosax SX-R4+ / Sound Devices MixPre-6ii / Marantz PMD-661 / Roland R-07 / Zoom F3

My Recordings: https://archive.org/search.php?query=taper%3A%28Gakidis%29&sort=-da

stevetoney

« Reply #19 on: January 20, 2009, 05:32:44 AM »
Ted, I guess what I meant to say in my previous post is that I'm open to continuing forward if there's still interest.  I'm personally sorta ambivalent at this point.

If there's interest and people feel that what I've proposed suits their needs better than the Vark solution, then I have no problem moving forward.  For my own purposes, either solution works for me.

My earlier message was meant more to spur some discussion with those that have already responded than to cut this project off at the pass.  To help this along, I'm gonna PM everyone that has responded to date and ask them if they have strong feelings...and ask for them to respond publicly here.

Thanks!

Offline tgakidis

« Reply #20 on: January 20, 2009, 05:41:23 AM »
For me, the problem is there is no readily available clips for the akg ck_x line of caps.  So, although I love your design, it still does not solve my problem.  This makes me have to go with individual custom bars for each config. with my current active system, which could change at any time with my track record  ;D

Offline F.O.Bean

• Team Schoeps Tapir that
  • Trade Count: (126)
  • Taperus Maximus
    • MediaFire Recordings
« Reply #21 on: January 20, 2009, 07:29:42 AM »
I think its a great nidea, but I feel you about Robb having what most would need.

Plus, I have a DINa AND DIN AND NOS KwonBar, plus a set of Rode NT6 HD mounts+VarkBar, so Im pretty set on my config stuff unfortunately(fortunately for me) ;D I would like a 1" riser and one of robb's bigger bars but thats $$ I just dont have :(
Schoeps MK 4V & MK 41V ->
Schoeps 250|0 KCY's (x2) ->
Naiant +60v|Low Noise PFA's (x2) ->
DarkTrain Right Angle Stubby XLR's (x3) ->
Sound Devices MixPre-6 & MixPre-3

http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/diskobean
http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/Bean420
http://bt.etree.org/mytorrents.php
http://www.mediafire.com/folder/j9eu80jpuaubz/Recordings

Offline carlbeck

• Trade Count: (14)
« Reply #22 on: January 20, 2009, 07:31:05 AM »
Well seeing how Teddy & I run the same caps I am with him but I saw your solution as a good fit for us. If I understand your design I would be able to use my caps in the cradle & have the elastic be the way to secure the cap instead of clips?
I know you like, tape for people's approval and stuff, and wave your tapes around like they're your dick...  but even you can't actually think section tapes from philips sound good.  

Mics: Telefunken Elam 260, 61, 62, MBHO KA200, KA500 > Niant PFA's, AKG C34L-MS
Preamps: Grace Lunatec V2, Shure FP24
Decks: Tascam DR-2d, Zoom F8

Old rig: Recording: AKG C34 & AKG CK1X or CK2X > MK46 > 460 > Aeta Mix2000 > Sound Devices 702

Playback: Thorens TD125, Denon DVD-2900> Bel Canto DAC-1 > Audible Illusions 3B > Rogue Atlas >ZU Wax Shotgun> Hyperion 938
ALL TUBES BABY!!!

stevetoney

« Reply #23 on: January 20, 2009, 08:30:30 AM »
Well seeing how Teddy & I run the same caps I am with him but I saw your solution as a good fit for us. If I understand your design I would be able to use my caps in the cradle & have the elastic be the way to secure the cap instead of clips?

That was the idea.  The caps would just rest in the cradle and then we'd wrap a bungee around...something rubber...condom...O-ring...rubber bands...wookie dread lock lice traps...whatever is handy.  The cradle is I think the key and the most exciting part of the design, but also probably the biggest PITA to make although I have ideas on how I'd do that too.

Thanks for the honesty guys.

The more I think about this, the less I want to tackle it...with Robbs bars being a good solution for me, my incentive basically went went completely away for this...and I'm not really wanting to get into this for say $20 or $30 a bar to compensate myself.

So, the more time passes, the less energized I am about it.  I'm pretty sure I'll be ordering one of Robbs bars later on, then I will have ZERO residual incentive.   :'(
« Last Edit: January 20, 2009, 08:33:52 AM by tonedeaf »

Offline it-goes-to-eleven

• Trade Count: (58)
« Reply #24 on: January 20, 2009, 11:50:46 AM »
I've also given a lot of thought to doing a telescoping bar..   And I have done some bars with multiple width mounts.  Ultimately, having multiple bars doesn't take up that much space.  All depends on what you want..  The basic vark design is very good, as long as the mass is kept small so it doesn't overwhelm the single shock mount.

Here's a vari-bar prototype I made in april 2006 for a friend's km140's.  In this pic my schoeps are on it.

Offline beeco

• Taperssection Member
  • Copyright 2008, a production of Camp Totally Lit
« Reply #25 on: January 20, 2009, 04:55:47 PM »
PM sent.

I was thinking this proposed mounting solution might allow me to use my CA-14s on a stand and get the spacing and angles right for multiple configurations, and then be versatile enough to handle a more expensive set of mics/actives when I can afford them (ie, Milab VM-44 links, or Busman's eventual actives, or similar).  From the description provided, it seemed like it would work.  So if this bar gets built, and if it will handle my small mics as well as my eventual larger mics with actives (just planning ahead here) then I'm still interested.
Now you see it:  ADK 51TL,  or MK4/41>KC5>CMC6, or AT4051b/4049a > Wendt X2 > R-09HR
Now you don't:   CA-14c  or DPA4061 > CA ST-9100 > R-09HR

"Wait a minute, this sounds like rock and or roll!" Reverend Lovejoy

Offline Colin Liston

• Trade Count: (8)
« Reply #26 on: January 20, 2009, 05:58:22 PM »
I've also given a lot of thought to doing a telescoping bar..   And I have done some bars with multiple width mounts.  Ultimately, having multiple bars doesn't take up that much space.  All depends on what you want..  The basic vark design is very good, as long as the mass is kept small so it doesn't overwhelm the single shock mount.

Here's a vari-bar prototype I made in april 2006 for a friend's km140's.  In this pic my schoeps are on it.

Where did you get those little plastic clips? 
Occasionally....music mics record

Offline dennisrtyler

• Trade Count: (21)
« Reply #27 on: January 20, 2009, 06:13:05 PM »

Where did you get those little plastic clips? 
those appear to just be cable clips that you can get at home depot/lowe's in various sizes.
4. im so abrasive i make sandpaper nervous.

Schoeps CMR/mk4 > Naiant PFA > Oade Concert Mod Marantz PMD-661

Offline dennisrtyler

• Trade Count: (21)
4. im so abrasive i make sandpaper nervous.

Schoeps CMR/mk4 > Naiant PFA > Oade Concert Mod Marantz PMD-661

Offline darktrain

• Trade Count: (715)
  • Whats next?
« Reply #29 on: January 20, 2009, 07:06:00 PM »
I gotta say i was/am interested in these bars myself and was only having that batch of different size bars made up to maybe fill a void with bar mounts and shocks  as i think this active idea is good and has different appeal than a standard bar and I may take stab at it next time i visit my folks as i will have access to the machine shop

Offline 69mako

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #30 on: January 20, 2009, 11:36:03 PM »
I am interested in one of these because it seems like an easier/quick way to setup different configs.  Beside if we make it ourtselves, we can custom-fit it to our exact needs.  Still interested in helping out if the desire is there.

Mako
http://db.etree.org/69mako

007: Church Audio CA-14c -> Church Audio St-9100 preamp -> R-09HR

Open: Busman BSC1 mics (X2) -> Hydra Cables (X2) -> Tmod R4

stevetoney

« Reply #31 on: January 21, 2009, 02:33:19 AM »
I gotta say i was/am interested in these bars myself and was only having that batch of different size bars made up to maybe fill a void with bar mounts and shocks  as i think this active idea is good and has different appeal than a standard bar and I may take stab at it next time i visit my folks as i will have access to the machine shop

I'd say to go for it Robb.  You seem to have the means for doing this type of thing.  I definitely do not, so whatever I do I would have to either improvise or invest.  That makes it more difficult for two reasons.  1) I don't necessarily want to put out a product that looks homemade simply because that is not the way to do business, and 2) obviously, for a custom solution such as this I really have no desire or incentive to invest.

I've said all along that my main interest was the solution, not the process.  So, I am MORE than happy to say to anyone, like you Robb, take this ball and RUN RUN RUN!  The only thing I ask in return is a little bit of credit for having some ideas (and maybe a low-price production model WINK).

stevetoney

« Reply #32 on: January 21, 2009, 02:38:20 AM »
I've used elastic shockcord extensively in my 402x mount designs.
maybe you can glean something from these for hold-downs?
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v729/MokePics2/Homemade%20gear/

http://taperssection.com/index.php/topic,98523.msg1338500.html#msg1338500
these things, with the elastic shockcord and clamps ^^, hold rock steady!  they will not let the mics slip in the slightest, even with rigorous shaking.

Precisely!  Moke shared these pictures in the past and I also made some Moke bars when I had the DPAs.  These worked better than anything else I had, but my particular construction still had problems with windscreen interference. 

Anyway, the Moke bars were the inspiration for the cradle idea in this design with the bungee hold-downs.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.13 seconds with 58 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com