Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: AKGefell Active Project v5  (Read 79903 times)

Offline willndmb

• Trade Count: (17)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: AKGefell Active Project v5
« Reply #30 on: February 23, 2012, 01:23:35 PM »
Yeah I have been reading, but there really haven't been any updates that have any substance.
Well except for 11's attempt at this. I think it's just a frustrating topic in general. Rollercoaster style.

I've been getting regular updates from eleven by PM since he has my caps. He's had them ~1 mo and has been making substantial progress. I'll let him speak for himself, but I'm encouraged at where things are with his solution.

I just did a huge double take on that - it can't have been a month!  It hasn't been two weeks yet - I received them feb 11 :P

Time waiting on actives is like dog years.  One week is seven.  But if that's true, we've been waiting on this since, 2005?  So it's been 35 years.

I am getting Gefell and AKG prototypes today from the machinist.  I have stuffed boards performing well in test. Things are moving quickly.  When I am satisfied with the initial performance, I will send the prototypes out for others to test.

Also, the relationship with the machinist means I will likely be producing mounting bars.  They will not be mere copies of the stuff currently on the market. I think you'll be surprised.  But the immediate focus is the actives.
sounds good
are you "teamed up" with jon or are the boards and stuff your own?
what are we talking power wise? 48v or less
Mics - AKG ck61/ck63 (c480b & Naiant actives), SP-BMC-2
XLR Cables - Silver Path w/Darktrain stubbies
Interconnect Cables - Dogstar (XLR), Darktrain (RCA > 1/8) (1/8 > 1/8), and Kind Kables (1/8f > 1/4)
Preamps - Naiant Littlebox & Tinybox
Recorders - PCM-M10 & DR-60D

Offline bryonsos

• Omni addict
  • Trade Count: (28)
  • If it's important, tell me to write it down.
    • LMA uploads
« Reply #31 on: February 23, 2012, 01:59:09 PM »

I just did a huge double take on that - it can't have been a month!  It hasn't been two weeks yet - I received them feb 11 :P

Time waiting on actives is like dog years.  One week is seven.  But if that's true, we've been waiting on this since, 2005?  So it's been 35 years.

Just trying to not oversell things for you while still showing folks there's hope! FYI I just became the owner of paulbaptist's complete AKG set, so I'll have omni caps to test too.  >:D

Edit to add that also means I will be able to do a comp between full bodies vs actives with the cards > R44.

Also, the CK61 caps that eleven is testing with will go to the YS if nobody on this thread wants them. PM me if you're interested.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2012, 02:08:49 PM by bryonsos »
Mics: 3 Zigma Chi HA-FX (COL-251, c, h, o-d, o-f) / Avenson STO-2 / Countryman B3s
Pres: CA-Ugly / Naiant Tinyhead / SD MixPre
Decks: Roland R-44 / Sony PCM-M10
GAKables
Dead Muppets

My recordings LMA / BT / TTD

Offline newplanet7

• Hasn't heard a muddy 460/480 tape. EVER. Mike Hawk
  • Trade Count: (5)
  • The Place To Be...... Akustische u. Kino-Geräte
« Reply #32 on: February 23, 2012, 02:14:24 PM »
Oh the effing IRONY THAT IS 11  coming up with an AKG solution!
Well done sir!
MILAB VM-44 Classic~> Silver T's~> Busman PMD660
News From Phish: Will tour as opening act for Widespread Panic for Summer
hahaha never happen, PHiSH is waaaaayyyy better the WSP

They both ain't got nothing on MMW... Money spent wisely if you ask me...

FYI, it is a kick ass recording of a bunch of pretend-a-hippies talking.

Offline ts

• Trade Count: (81)
« Reply #33 on: February 24, 2012, 07:56:11 AM »
Naiant has one to. He's just real busy with the tinybox. Patience. Summer is still 3 1/2 months away.

Offline leehookem

• Trade Count: (3)
    • Texas Tapers
« Reply #34 on: February 24, 2012, 09:57:07 AM »
Naiant has one to. He's just real busy with the tinybox. Patience. Summer is still 3 1/2 months away.

bullshit.  it's already here.  91 in Austin yesterday.
www.texastapers.org

AKG c480b ck61/ck63 > Tascam DR-70D
Oade ACM Marantz PMD-671
AKG ck61/63 > NBob Actives > Naiant PFA > Tascam DR-70D
Oade ACM Marantz PMD-671
Audiophile 2496 > Mytek Stereo96 DAC > Sony MDR-7506
Dual 1229 > Marantz 2270 > Kimber Kables > Cerwin Vega VS120

Canon Rebel XSi, EF 50 mm f/1.8, EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS

Offline ts

• Trade Count: (81)
« Reply #35 on: February 24, 2012, 10:16:29 AM »

;D

Offline Todd R

• Over/Under on next gear purchase: 2 months
  • Trade Count: (29)
« Reply #36 on: February 24, 2012, 02:16:22 PM »

Yesterday it snowed 7 inches where I live.  Though I had snow occasionally at my last house during the official months of summer, so snowfall and summertime are not mutually exclusive.
Mics: Microtech Gefell m20/m21 (nbob/pfa actives), Line Audio CM3, Church CA-11 cards
Preamp:  none <sniff>
Recorders:  Sound Devices MixPre-6, Sony PCM-M10, Zoom H4nPro

Offline dactylus

• Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (62)
  • Maplewood, MN
« Reply #37 on: February 26, 2012, 03:09:06 PM »
Yeah I have been reading, but there really haven't been any updates that have any substance.
Well except for 11's attempt at this. I think it's just a frustrating topic in general. Rollercoaster style.

I've been getting regular updates from eleven by PM since he has my caps. He's had them ~1 mo and has been making substantial progress. I'll let him speak for himself, but I'm encouraged at where things are with his solution.

I am getting Gefell and AKG prototypes today from the machinist.  I have stuffed boards performing well in test. Things are moving quickly.  When I am satisfied with the initial performance, I will send the prototypes out for others to test.

Also, the relationship with the machinist means I will likely be producing mounting bars.  They will not be mere copies of the stuff currently on the market. I think you'll be surprised.  But the immediate focus is the actives.

Brian,

I just sent you a PM 5 minutes ago regarding the possibility of mounting bars for the gefell actives before reading this thread. :coolguy:  Keep up the good work and bring fantasy into the realm of reality!

Team Gefell thanks you!

« Last Edit: February 26, 2012, 03:13:14 PM by dactylus »
hot licks > microphones > recorder

...ball of confusion, that's what the world is today, hey hey...

Offline F.O.Bean

• Team Schoeps Tapir that
  • Trade Count: (126)
  • Taperus Maximus
    • MediaFire Recordings
« Reply #38 on: February 26, 2012, 11:33:20 PM »

Brian,

I just sent you a PM 5 minutes ago regarding the possibility of mounting bars for the gefell actives before reading this thread. :coolguy:  Keep up the good work and bring fantasy into the realm of reality!

Team Gefell thanks you!

So who is going to make the geffel active bars
Schoeps MK 4V & MK 41V ->
Schoeps 250|0 KCY's (x2) ->
Naiant +60v|Low Noise PFA's (x2) ->
DarkTrain Right Angle Stubby XLR's (x3) ->
Sound Devices MixPre-6 & MixPre-3

http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/diskobean
http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/Bean420
http://bt.etree.org/mytorrents.php
http://www.mediafire.com/folder/j9eu80jpuaubz/Recordings

Offline EarlyMorningRain

• Trade Count: (7)
« Reply #39 on: February 26, 2012, 11:44:58 PM »
^

Offline F.O.Bean

• Team Schoeps Tapir that
  • Trade Count: (126)
  • Taperus Maximus
    • MediaFire Recordings
« Reply #40 on: February 27, 2012, 01:09:09 AM »
^

Thanks!
Schoeps MK 4V & MK 41V ->
Schoeps 250|0 KCY's (x2) ->
Naiant +60v|Low Noise PFA's (x2) ->
DarkTrain Right Angle Stubby XLR's (x3) ->
Sound Devices MixPre-6 & MixPre-3

http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/diskobean
http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/Bean420
http://bt.etree.org/mytorrents.php
http://www.mediafire.com/folder/j9eu80jpuaubz/Recordings

Offline achalsey

« Reply #41 on: February 28, 2012, 04:55:18 PM »
Off topic of ck6x, but received my ck1x "active cable" today.  Ted/Jon hybrid.  Naiant PFA on one end and Ted fit the lemos on the other.

The lemos don't quite fit as snuggly as I'd like in the audix micro clips after adding a layer of felt but will most likely work for now.

More excited showing off pics here:  http://s1172.photobucket.com/albums/r578/achalsey/AKG%20ck1x%20custom%20active/

Offline EarlyMorningRain

• Trade Count: (7)
« Reply #42 on: February 28, 2012, 05:23:52 PM »
Looks nice! Can't wait to hear some samples!

Curious though, what kind of preamp is that?

Offline hi and lo

• Trade Count: (38)
« Reply #43 on: February 28, 2012, 05:25:44 PM »

Looks like a V2! :)

Offline achalsey

« Reply #44 on: February 28, 2012, 05:27:04 PM »

Yup!  Just picked it up in the YS.   ;D  Had some pictures of the faceplate but they were a little redundant.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.102 seconds with 39 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com