Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: akg 460/480 owners please read  (Read 56244 times)

Offline followinbob

• Trade Count: (45)
  • Taperssection Member
akg 460/480 owners please read
« on: October 05, 2012, 08:47:29 AM »
just curious how many akg owners would buy active cables if they were available. private message me and let me know if you would be interested in buying
a new pair. these will be new and  available in long and short legnths.  if response is good we will make them for other mics. schoeps/gefells/neumann/oktava.....ect
schoeps cmc-6/mk4----->sound devices 722  stealth

schoeps cmc-6/mk4--->lunatec v3----> sound devices 722  open recording

Offline acidjack

• Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (37)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: akg 460/480 owners please read
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2012, 11:06:35 AM »
just curious how many akg owners would buy active cables if they were available. private message me and let me know if you would be interested in buying
a new pair. these will be new and  available in long and short legnths.  if response is good we will make them for other mics. schoeps/gefells/neumann/oktava.....ect

:hmmm: (checks today's date).  It's not April 1. 

What does this all mean?

Perhaps this will help answer your question: http://taperssection.com/index.php?topic=153427.0
Mics: Schoeps MK4V, MK41V, MK5, MK22> CMC6, KCY 250/5, KC5, NBob; MBHO MBP603/KA200N, AT 3031, DPA 4061 w/ d:vice, Naiant X-X, AT 853c, shotgun, Nak300
Pres/Power: Aerco MP2, tinybox v2  [KCY], CA-UBB
Decks: Sound Devices MixPre 6, Zoom F8, M10, D50

My recordings on nyctaper.com: http://www.nyctaper.com/?tag=acidjack | LMA: http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/acidjack | twitter: http://www.twitter.com/acidjacknyc | Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/acidjacknyc

cashandkerouac

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2012, 11:21:25 AM »
marking thread and staying tuned for mo' info.   ;D

Offline Todd R

• Over/Under on next gear purchase: 2 months
  • Trade Count: (29)
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2012, 11:40:21 AM »

Mainly just marking the thread, as I think I gave up on wanting active AKGs a long time ago and have sold my Gefells that I would have loved to have had actives for.

In terms of your request though, if you want a sense of the potential market, I'd just read through the AKG active thread Acidjack posted, and the 4 that preceded it.

If you want anything better in terms of a market assessment than you can get from those threads, I think you need a lot more information.  Starting with -- who is this "we" that will be making them?  Does the project team have any experience with machining and any experience with circuit design and electronics?  Have you made any products like this before?  Have you designed and implemented mics before or active cables before, even as a DIY project for yourself?  Is the design completed, prototyped and tested?  When do you expect to have a market-ready solution available?

Then of course all the questions about the product itself.  It seems from your other posts that you have a machine shop, which at least sounds like the product you envision would be machined out of some kind of metal and not just that you want to house active electronics in a cutoff end of a magic marker.  But if I were a potential customer, I'd like to know more about what you envision (or perhaps have already made and prototyped).  Machined metal collettes -- out of brass?  What about the electronics?  Just a active head with FET/electronics that would have to be used with 460 or 480 bodies?  Would both the 460 bodies work and the 480 bodies work?  Would the "active" collettes really be a full mic body in a small package so all you need is a cable and XLR connector?  Would the active collettes need to be paired with something like the PFAs from Naiant?  Would the active collettes not work with 460/480 bodies and you'd need something like the Busman busbox or JKlabs ECMS box to run them?

From the standpoint of asking about who would buy them, if people respond yes, do you want a commitment from them about buying them?  Do you want those who respond yes to put money up front?

Sorry, not trying to bust your balls at all.  I just think if you can't provide a lot of depth to what the plan is, who is conducting the project, what the timing is, how far along design and prototyping are, and perhaps even what the cost target is, I don't think you'd get much better of a potential market assessment than you could if you just read through the previous AKG actives thread.
Mics: Microtech Gefell m20/m21 (nbob/pfa actives), Line Audio CM3, Church CA-11 cards
Preamp:  none <sniff>
Recorders:  Sound Devices MixPre-6, Sony PCM-M10, Zoom H4nPro

cashandkerouac

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2012, 11:49:15 AM »

Mainly just marking the thread, as I think I gave up on wanting active AKGs a long time ago and have sold my Gefells that I would have loved to have had actives for.

In terms of your request though, if you want a sense of the potential market, I'd just read through the AKG active thread Acidjack posted, and the 4 that preceded it.

If you want anything better in terms of a market assessment than you can get from those threads, I think you need a lot more information.  Starting with -- who is this "we" that will be making them?  Does the project team have any experience with machining and any experience with circuit design and electronics?  Have you made any products like this before?  Have you designed and implemented mics before or active cables before, even as a DIY project for yourself?  Is the design completed, prototyped and tested?  When do you expect to have a market-ready solution available?

Then of course all the questions about the product itself.  It seems from your other posts that you have a machine shop, which at least sounds like the product you envision would be machined out of some kind of metal and not just that you want to house active electronics in a cutoff end of a magic marker.  But if I were a potential customer, I'd like to know more about what you envision (or perhaps have already made and prototyped).  Machined metal collettes -- out of brass?  What about the electronics?  Just a active head with FET/electronics that would have to be used with 460 or 480 bodies?  Would both the 460 bodies work and the 480 bodies work?  Would the "active" collettes really be a full mic body in a small package so all you need is a cable and XLR connector?  Would the active collettes need to be paired with something like the PFAs from Naiant?  Would the active collettes not work with 460/480 bodies and you'd need something like the Busman busbox or JKlabs ECMS box to run them?

From the standpoint of asking about who would buy them, if people respond yes, do you want a commitment from them about buying them?  Do you want those who respond yes to put money up front?

Sorry, not trying to bust your balls at all.  I just think if you can't provide a lot of depth to what the plan is, who is conducting the project, what the timing is, how far along design and prototyping are, and perhaps even what the cost target is, I don't think you'd get much better of a potential market assessment than you could if you just read through the previous AKG actives thread.

inquiring minds want to know   :P

Offline spyder9

• Trade Count: (82)
  • "Are you Zman?"
    • My Archived shows
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2012, 12:18:22 PM »
I agree with Todd.  Details please!  I'm an akg 460 owner.

Offline Colin Liston

• Trade Count: (8)
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2012, 12:22:14 PM »
I am a Gefell owner and would be interested as well.  I would also like some more detail if you care to provide.

Occasionally....music mics record

Offline vanark

• TDS
  • Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (29)
  • If you ain't right, you better get right!
    • The Mudboy Grotto - North Mississippi Allstar fan site
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2012, 12:38:03 PM »
In.
If you have a problem relating to the Live Music Archive (http://www.archive.org/details/etree) please send an e-mail to us admins at LMA(AT)archive(DOT)org or post in the LMA thread here and we'll get on it.

Link to LMA Recordings

Link to Team Dirty South Recordings on the LMA

Mics: Microtech Gefell M21 (with Nbob actives) | Church Audio CA-11 (cards) (with CA UBB)
Pres: babynbox
Recorders: Tascam DR-60D | Tascam DR-40 | Sony PCM-A10 | Edirol R-4

Offline bryonsos

• Omni addict
  • Trade Count: (28)
  • If it's important, tell me to write it down.
    • LMA uploads
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2012, 12:43:51 PM »
 :drool:
Mics: 3 Zigma Chi HA-FX (COL-251, c, h, o-d, o-f) / Avenson STO-2 / Countryman B3s
Pres: CA-Ugly / Naiant Tinyhead / SD MixPre
Decks: Roland R-44 / Sony PCM-M10
GAKables
Dead Muppets

My recordings LMA / BT / TTD

Offline IowaClint

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2012, 02:02:04 PM »
I would be interested as well.

Offline Fried Chicken Boy

• Trade Count: (8)
« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2012, 02:14:30 PM »
     Marking thread.

Offline Chomps

• Trade Count: (18)
« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2012, 02:25:28 PM »
MG's for sure...but this is prob just another cock tease.
Microtech Gefell m200/M20/M21/nBob Actives>PFA
Microtech Gefell m950
AKG 414 XLII
Telefunken M60/M61/M62
AT853
SD MP 10ii//Edirol R-44/Sony M10

Offline obaaron

• Trade Count: (48)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • Wide Awake in San Diego!
« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2012, 02:43:24 PM »
i do i do!  >:D
Mics:  Gefell M20,M21- sms2000/nbob | Schoeps MK4V;MK4- cmc1L/cmc6/nbob | AKG ck1,3,8,22;ck61,62,63,69- c460b/c480b/Naiant/nbob actives | Neumann KM140/150 | AT853, AT933 | CA-11 | DPA 4022 (on loan)
Pres: Naiant Littlebox | Tinybox | BMod Edirol UA-5 | Church ST-9200
Recorders:  Zoom F8 | Tascam DR-680 | Tascam DR-60D | Sony PCM-M10
Video: Canon VIXIA HF R42

**ISO** -   Schoeps mk22 matched pair | Neumann Ak43 pair

Online jbell

• TDS
  • Trade Count: (149)
  • Spreadicated
« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2012, 04:41:46 PM »
Thought you wanted to unload yours!!  ;) ;D :P

Mics: DPA ST4011ER & 4018ER
Preamps: DPA MMA 6000 | Audioroot Femto
Recorders: Sound Devices Mixpre-10 II | Sony PCM A10

-20        -12         -6        TDS   (32/48)     
]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]][}   
]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]][} 
|Record|  Runtime: 4:19.99  {|||] 75%

Offline bryonsos

• Omni addict
  • Trade Count: (28)
  • If it's important, tell me to write it down.
    • LMA uploads
« Reply #14 on: October 05, 2012, 05:09:39 PM »
Thought you wanted to unload yours!!  ;) ;D :P

Yeah, I've been going back and forth on that. I may, if this turns out to be another wild goose chase. I've been eyeballing the Busman stereo ribbon mic, me likey Blumlein  ;D
Mics: 3 Zigma Chi HA-FX (COL-251, c, h, o-d, o-f) / Avenson STO-2 / Countryman B3s
Pres: CA-Ugly / Naiant Tinyhead / SD MixPre
Decks: Roland R-44 / Sony PCM-M10
GAKables
Dead Muppets

My recordings LMA / BT / TTD

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.09 seconds with 39 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com