Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Do MBHO bodies fit in Shure A53M Doughnuts?  (Read 8463 times)

Offline datbrad

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: Do MBHO bodies fit in Shure A53M Doughnuts?
« Reply #30 on: January 21, 2008, 02:20:06 PM »
DSatz is absolutely correct about the loop of cable, and this applies to any shock mount. Just like with spider type shock mounts such as the AT, you cannot allow the cables to pull down against the mount or have strain. What I have always done, probably a throw back to my GD taping days, is simply hold the cables at a point where a natural loop forms and tape them to the mic stand just below the stereo bar. This isolates the mount from cable vibrations and also prevents an accidental tug on a cable from pulling on the mics.

You can see when the weight of the cables lifts off the mics as they will straighten out inside the mount naturally, and this tells you the point to anchor the cables.

Also, I determined the point of the center of gravity on the 460 mic body with the cable plugged in where it will balance somewhat in the mount, and that makes setup easier knowing that spot beforehand.
AKG C460B w/CK61/CK63>Luminous Monarch XLRs>SD MP-1(x2)>Luminous Monarch XLRs>PMD661(Oade WMOD)

Beyer M201>Luminous Monarch XLRs>PMD561 (Oade CMOD)

Offline manitouman

• Trade Count: (36)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Los Bulls!!!
Re: Do MBHO bodies fit in Shure A53M Doughnuts?
« Reply #31 on: January 21, 2008, 09:48:33 PM »
J.T.L. pointed me to http://www.olsenaudio.com/micclips.html and just ordered a couple SP-20's from B&H for $9 a piece. F@cking awesome and saved a few bucks!
Mics: AKG CK31, CK32>LM 3> MPA III

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.043 seconds with 27 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com