Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: AKG Active Project part 3  (Read 102283 times)

Offline illconditioned

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: AKG Active Project part 3
« Reply #345 on: April 29, 2011, 01:05:48 PM »

I replaced my JK_Labs collettes and had the new collettes machined so the "neck" would fit into standard schoeps dina/dina etc bars and clips. Cables were also replaced with Belden 1804a.

??? ??? ???

So did you rebuild the FET circuit inside the collettes or somehow extract and re-use the old one?

Very nice work!

I had a little help from my friends since EE is not my forte. We basically reused the circuit that Jon had made and resoldered the new cable and placed in new collette. Collettes were made by a friend of a friend (for free) using a 460 body and ck61 cap as the template and with brass similar to Jon's original collette. I can not remember the neck size offhand since it was a while ago when this was all done.  I have a picture of the interior of the collete if any one is interested and if I can find it.
I would love to see the inside of the collete if you've got it.

Richard
Please DO NOT mail me with tech questions.  I will try to answer in the forums when I get a chance.  Thanks.

Sample recordings at: http://www.soundmann.com.

Offline hi and lo

• Trade Count: (38)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: AKG Active Project part 3
« Reply #346 on: April 29, 2011, 01:15:47 PM »

I replaced my JK_Labs collettes and had the new collettes machined so the "neck" would fit into standard schoeps dina/dina etc bars and clips. Cables were also replaced with Belden 1804a.

??? ??? ???

So did you rebuild the FET circuit inside the collettes or somehow extract and re-use the old one?

Very nice work!

I had a little help from my friends since EE is not my forte. We basically reused the circuit that Jon had made and resoldered the new cable and placed in new collette. Collettes were made by a friend of a friend (for free) using a 460 body and ck61 cap as the template and with brass similar to Jon's original collette. I can not remember the neck size offhand since it was a while ago when this was all done.  I have a picture of the interior of the collete if any one is interested and if I can find it.
I would love to see the inside of the collete if you've got it.

Richard

Me too! That's a really impressive feat. +t!

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.039 seconds with 26 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com