Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: What to do to improve my recordings?  (Read 7173 times)

Offline kfrinkle

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Needs to get out more...
    • Karl Frinkle Dot Net
Re: What to do to improve my recordings?
« Reply #30 on: January 19, 2009, 09:38:36 PM »
Chris Church,  you have not been to a Ministry show obviously.  The sound levels they pump out actually do hurt.  I actually could not hear for over a week once in high school after a Ministry show.  I even lost some balance for even longer.
-Karl
MBHO KA200n's > Naiant Tinybox (v2.1) > Sony PCM-M10
http://tooldriveproject.net

Offline Sunday Driver

• Trade Count: (6)
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #31 on: January 19, 2009, 10:50:36 PM »
Actually, the CMC-8s were 3-wire modded, and I have a 3 wire battery box to go with them.  Still get plenty of distortion on loud shows, even when levels are not close to clipping.

This is probably due to the FET of the mic distorting, or poor quality capacitors were used in your 3 wire battery box.
You either record it or it's gone forever.
My Tapes

Offline kfrinkle

• Trade Count: (0)
    • Karl Frinkle Dot Net
« Reply #32 on: January 19, 2009, 10:54:49 PM »
Either way, fuck em... I am looking forward to use those CA-14's!!!!
-Karl
MBHO KA200n's > Naiant Tinybox (v2.1) > Sony PCM-M10
http://tooldriveproject.net

Offline Church-Audio

• Trade Count: (44)
« Reply #33 on: January 20, 2009, 11:05:16 AM »
Chris Church,  you have not been to a Ministry show obviously.  The sound levels they pump out actually do hurt.  I actually could not hear for over a week once in high school after a Ministry show.  I even lost some balance for even longer.

I dont have to go to one of these shows to know they are not running at 144 db I have been a actual live sound engineer mixing live bands including recording acts and have never heard or seen anyone running these levels and if they were they are fucking morons. And are walking right into a huge lawsuit not to mention the liability issues for the  promoter or the venue. 144 DB will damage your hearing permanently in less then I would say 10 minutes. There are only a few systems capable of even running at these levels with out distortion in a club or a theater the only system I can think of would be a Meyer MSL10 MSL5 or a huge array of MSL3. Nobody tours with MSL3 Anymore and you need a freaking forklift to use MSL10 or MSL5! So I would say for a club venue or a theater venue that ain't going to happen. So Like I said I am sure its loud but it ain't 144 db the threshold of pain starts at 120db so its likely your band is running at 120db again not very smart and I would say very responsible of the sound engineer mixing the show if that is true I guess he does not really care about the fans of the band actually being able to hear a concert in the future or a cd of the band for that mater.
for warranty returns email me at
EMAIL Sales@church-audio.com

Offline Church-Audio

• Trade Count: (44)
« Reply #34 on: January 20, 2009, 11:07:50 AM »
Hey Chris, I would love to buy Your mics if they would do better the problem is that I don't have enough money (due to crysis dolar costs me 170% of what it used to cost when I bought my rig).
One more question. Is it possible that some kind/part of disortion is caused by air pressure coming from speakes and thats why I should use windscreens? (if im not mixing names).

You are correct sometimes distortion is caused by air pressure hitting the mic capsule a windscreen will help with that.
You can send me a pm and I am sure we can work something out.
for warranty returns email me at
EMAIL Sales@church-audio.com

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.119 seconds with 33 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com