Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: What will be a better recording setup with the Zoom H2?  (Read 5415 times)

Offline yltfan

• Trade Count: (14)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: What will be a better recording setup with the Zoom H2?
« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2009, 01:22:10 PM »
I only plan on using a simple setup of Omni/Card mics>Battery box/preamp>recorder. 

If you want to record less crowd noise, ditch the omnis, maybe buy some hyper cards, and make sure they are pointed in the right direction.  ;)
Mics: AT4051, AT4053, KM140, AKG C414, Beyerdynamic MEM86 guns, Nak cm300, AT853 4.7mod
Pre: V3, CA-9100
Recorders: Busman DR-680, iRivers, minidisc, jb3, and DAT

Dime torrents: http://www.dimeadozen.org/account-details.php?id=88009

Offline bucsab12

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Taperssection Regular
« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2009, 01:28:29 PM »
I actually purchased today the CA-14 cards along with the 9100 pre and the CA-14 omni mics from Mr. Church so I hope that will give me some improvement over my results with the omni mics I have used so far.

Offline Neilyboy

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #17 on: September 30, 2009, 02:28:13 PM »
Check out this thread for some good info...

http://www.taperssection.com/index.php/topic,110425.msg1663310.html#msg1663310

May be more of what you are into as you sound like you dont want to setup a full blown lightstand.

Neil
Mic's: AKG C214's, Line Audio CM3, AT4041SP, AT853 (C, SC, O), AT943 (C, H)
Pre's: Sound Devices MixPre 2
Rec's: Sony PCM-M10, Edirol R-44, Tascam DR60D MKii, Tascam DR70D x 2

Offline bucsab12

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #18 on: September 30, 2009, 08:27:50 PM »
Thank you very much Neilyboy for the link to that thread. That is what I was looking for...

I wasn't able to find the company that manufactures this poles (APIC). All the links in the thread seem to be dead and nothing turned up on a google search either.

I think I may have some problems with a pole because I don't think I will always have something to clamp on like in outdoor venues and in some festivals. All the details of the custom pole are great so I think I will start looking for a custom tripod with the about the same same dimensions.

In the thread the user tgakidis posted a picture with the mics on the pole. Can you tell me how did he connect his mics? I will also look for some way to connect my mics (CA-14) to a pole and I am not sure how to do that. Thanks.

Offline Neilyboy

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #19 on: October 01, 2009, 08:31:07 AM »
You may be looking at his diy active bar..
http://www.taperssection.com/index.php/topic,115867.0.html

you could make something like that. Thing is you would have to find some mounts for your ca-14's. Maybe ask Chris (Church Audio) what he would recommend. I am somewhat curious myself as I have some smaller at mic's that I have thought about mounting. Maybe just an o-ring or something I dunno I would have to think but I think that DIY link is a start for ya. As for a tripod. You will want to search around for a lightstand. Just search ebay for 'light stand' its really all in how much you want to spend, and how high you want to go (as your mic's do not require anything special since they weigh like what 5oz each haha). I got a light stand for like 25 shipped and it has never failed me yet.

also if you are still interested in an telescopic extention here is the one I bought.
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/33185-REG/Matthews_429499_Telescopic_Baby_Stand_Extension.html

take care man
Neil

Offline bucsab12

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #20 on: October 01, 2009, 10:00:53 AM »
Hi Neil. The DIY that you found looks great and really simple to create... I think I will try building as soon as I get my mics.

About the mounts for the CA-14, I have found this thread and I think it may also work with your audio technica:

http://www.taperssection.com/index.php/topic,126585.msg1683287.html#msg1683287

Here is a link to the product that was suggested in that thread:

http://www.soundprofessionals.com/cgi-bin/gold/item/SP-GNA-2

In the first photo of the DIY guide, can you tell me what is used to hold the gray tube between the mics? It is not very clear from the picture and I would like to buy something similar to hold my mics...

I was looking for a light stand and found a cheap one at Amazon that extends to 7 feet which is great. I just have to figure out how I will be able to connect the end of it to my mics... This is what I was looking at:

http://www.amazon.com/Westcott-750-Photo-Basics-7-0-Foot/dp/B000NIKQ7Q/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1254402895&sr=8-1

Thanks again man I really appreciate your help

Offline Neilyboy

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #21 on: October 01, 2009, 02:56:18 PM »
no worries on the help. thats what this place is for..

thats a good link to that gna-2 from sp but shoot 25 bucks for a two dollar flexible rod with heat shrink on the end i think ill DIY it but its a good idea to base the project off of!

As for the thing to hold the tube as far as i can tell its just threaded rod. If you live here in the states check out lowes or similar store they have a bunch of hardware in drawers and one of the drawers has 6" pieces of threaded rod. the threaded rod then just screws into each of the mic clips..

light stand looks good you will just want an adapter to mount your diy vert bar to.

Neil

Offline bucsab12

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #22 on: October 01, 2009, 04:53:28 PM »
I think all I have left to do is to wait until I receive all the equipment and then I will try to start and put it all together.

Thank you very much for all the help. It will take me some time but eventually I will keep you posted on how it works...

Offline Neilyboy

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #23 on: October 02, 2009, 08:53:23 AM »
Its all in playing around and experimenting.. heck I have probably only taped 25 shows myself but every time I learn something new... Its all in having fun with it.. Just don't get discouraged when something doesn't go as planned..

Neil

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.078 seconds with 33 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com