Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Taping YMSB  (Read 1863 times)

Offline Electric Cowgirl

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection All-Star
Taping YMSB
« on: August 11, 2003, 10:16:12 AM »
Hey all-

I'm really into YMSB but I have a really hard time making a good tape at their shows.  Between the crowd and Jeff's voice I always get lots of overs, but the music sounds great.  

Any suggestions?  Again I know jack and shit about editing and only have Soundforge right now.
AKG480->w-UA5->fujitsu lifebook

DaryanLenz

Re:Taping YMSB
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2003, 10:33:44 AM »
When I get back, we shal have to have a puffin and tutorial session and I will show you what's up.  The only real way to play this game would be to pump up da levels during the music, and bring them down during the crowd...unless of course you have the soft limit feature of the mini-me, which in that case you would just turn it on and run away!  FOB is a must, and it is usually necessary, especially indoors, to get a little higher than normal.  This should take care of some of the crowd.  Another great idea would be hypers, but I know you don't have those either. It would be easy to bring down the crowd during loud passages without music in any editor.  I am coming back either saturday or next wed., so plan on a session of editing etc when I getback.  I have al sorts of good stuff to listen to...including a magnificent YMSB tape from saturday!  Waznt stereo seperation, you shall hear some!

Daryan

Offline Electric Cowgirl

• Taperssection All-Star
Re:Taping YMSB
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2003, 10:57:58 AM »
Thanks Daryan.....I NEED some skooling and some new software.  A serious session would do me some good.  Give me a call when you get back in IC!  I'll PM you my new cell number.....fuck Quest AND McLeod!
AKG480->w-UA5->fujitsu lifebook

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.049 seconds with 31 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com