Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: ua-5 > jb3 digital optical cable connection  (Read 2144 times)

Offline cosmic charlie

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Member
  • music is the weapon
ua-5 > jb3 digital optical cable connection
« on: August 09, 2004, 05:46:18 PM »
hi i am working on my first rig, and attempting to connect my ua-5 to a jb3. I just purchased a digital optical cable as well as the toslink to mini optical converter.  The optical cable>toslink>jb3 connection is snug as a bug, but where do I plug the other end of the opti cable into the ua-5?  I assume the output jack but the cable doesnt seem to fit.  Perhaps I don't have the right cable? Although I followed the instructions from other posts and FAQ's, I am incapable of doing this without asking foolish questions.  Any help would be great. thanks fellas.

Offline bhtoque

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • So much music, so little time.
Re: ua-5 > jb3 digital optical cable connection
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2004, 06:57:29 PM »
OK, not to insult your inteligence, but I'll start from the begining:

1. You have to pull the little plug out of the output optical jack on the back of the ua-5. Save it somewhere. When you take the cable out, put the plug back in.

2. Toslink cables are not square, They have a top and bottom to them. If you do not have it lined up right it will not go in. The top corners are angled. bottom is 90*

3. If that does not fix it for ya, you might need to pull the little rubber protective ends off your cable (if it is brand new then this is the problem)

JAson
MG 200/210/270
AKG c422>s42>Hydra silver interconnects
AKG 391/92/93>MK 90/3 actives
>AM Hyper-Conductors
Studio Projects LSD2>MiAGi II
>Edirol R-4 (Oade T Mod)

db.etree.org/bhtoque

Offline dnsacks

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2004, 07:08:39 PM »
Plus, not directly pertinent to your question, but if your ua5 is not digimodded, it won't feed a digital signal to your jb3 once you DO figure out how to connect the cables.

finally, newer ua5s don't use the removable plug, instead they use an integrated cover that folds into the plug (VERY similar to that used by Grace on the v3 optical mod)

Offline cosmic charlie

• Taperssection Member
  • music is the weapon
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2004, 07:45:22 PM »
thanks for answering my question and not insulting me too much - if I would have done some more reading in the ua-5 manual perhaps I could have figured it out and not have to resort to asking.  Too many other taping issues to read and learn about at the moment.

Offline twatts (pants are so over-rated...)

• <://PHiSH//><
  • Trade Count: (16)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Lego made a Mini-Fig of me!
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2004, 03:24:05 PM »
Is your UA5 "digi-moded"???  If not, it won't output digi unless hooked to USB, or something or something...  There are instructions (probably in the Manuals section) on how to do it yourself.

Tery

***Do you have PHISH, VIDA BLUE, JAZZ MANDOLIN PROJECT or any other Phish related DATs/Tapes/MDs that need to be transferred???  I can do them for you!!!***

I will return your DATs/Tapes/MDs.  I'll also provide Master FLAC files via DropBox.  PM me for details.

Sony PCM R500 > SPDIF > Tascam HD-P2
Nakamichi DR-3 > (Oade Advanced Concert Mod) Tascam HD-P2
Sony MDS-JE510 > Hosa ODL-276 > Tascam HD-P2

Offline cosmic charlie

• Taperssection Member
  • music is the weapon
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2004, 03:34:25 PM »
im actually in the process of modding it right now. everything is pretty tiny in there.

i solved the connection problem with you guys' help.  now if i could just sauder with some precise skill....

Offline Robby Grossman

• Taperssection Newbie
  • 17' stand, c1000s > digimod ua5 > jb3 :-D
    • http://www.robbygrossman.com
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2004, 08:46:12 PM »
im actually in the process of modding it right now. everything is pretty tiny in there.

i solved the connection problem with you guys' help.  now if i could just sauder with some precise skill....
Can you tell me where you found the directions on digi-modding it?  I couldn't find 'em.  Thanks!
--Robby
--Robby
AIM: RobbyPlaysGuitar

17' stand, c1000s > digimod ua5 > jb3 :-D

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.06 seconds with 32 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com