Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: DVD-Audiofile for windows  (Read 67979 times)

Offline Lil Kim Jong-Il

• Trade Count: (6)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • large Marge sent me
Re: DVD-Audiofile for windows
« Reply #180 on: February 17, 2007, 11:21:40 PM »
I get gaps with the audio-DVD creator program with DENON 2910
Noam

Not questioning your skill with the authoring process, but are you sure that you have the program configured correctly?  I have gapless playback on every DVD player I've tried with the discs I've authored using audio-DVD-creatored.  I have a Denon 2900 that has never has a problem with those discs.

Most of these programs have a gapless configuration setting that may not be the default.

The first rule of amateur neurosurgery club is .... I forget.

Offline noam

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
« Reply #181 on: February 18, 2007, 12:12:35 AM »
I get gaps with the audio-DVD creator program with DENON 2910
Noam

Not questioning your skill with the authoring process, but are you sure that you have the program configured correctly?  I have gapless playback on every DVD player I've tried with the discs I've authored using audio-DVD-creatored.  I have a Denon 2900 that has never has a problem with those discs.

Most of these programs have a gapless configuration setting that may not be the default.

Yes, I'm sure the program is configured correctly, and these same DVD's play gapless on some other DVD players. As you can read in some posts from last year further back in this long thread, a number of posters here get gaps and I haven't seen the issue resolved in this thread. I am intrigued by these posts from SparkE from last year:

"I also get gaps on playback with my Samsung HD841, but another member here (Teddy) says that he does not get such gaps with exactly the same model of player.  Are DVD-A audio files supposed to be tracked at integer multiples of 1/75th of a second (multiples of 588 samples) like CDs are supposed to be?  Or could this be because of the sample rate used?  (My attempts have been with files that are 44.1 kHz, tracked at integer multiples of 588 samples.)  I'm wondering whether phanophish's (and my) problems are due to the deck or whether they are due to the source material?"

and

"Anyone interested in sending me a known gapless DVD-A to try on my HD841?
Anyone interested in trying a DVD-A that I burned to see if it plays gapless on their known gapless player? (Sorry, but my stuff is still 44.1 kHz @ 16 bit, but I'd still like to know if it works on a Pioneer machine in case I can't get this HD841 to work.)

What bothers me is that I'm seeing conflicting reporst about whether the HD841 does gapless playback.  It makes me wonder if there's more to the story than just the model of player."

Noam

Offline SparkE!

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #182 on: February 18, 2007, 12:15:59 PM »
Quote from: SparkE!

"Anyone interested in sending me a known gapless DVD-A to try on my HD841?
Anyone interested in trying a DVD-A that I burned to see if it plays gapless on their known gapless player? (Sorry, but my stuff is still 44.1 kHz @ 16 bit, but I'd still like to know if it works on a Pioneer machine in case I can't get this HD841 to work.)

What bothers me is that I'm seeing conflicting reporst about whether the HD841 does gapless playback.  It makes me wonder if there's more to the story than just the model of player."

Noam
The consensus seems to be that if you add pictures, then the HD841 is gapless, no matter where you split the tracks.  BTW, no one contacted me with any offer to let me try a gapless DVD-A and I'm too much of a tightwad to go out and buy a program to add pics to a DVD-A compilation, so I still have not convinced myself that the HD841 can be gapless.  It's too bad that DVD-Audiofile does not do pics, but it's great that Scott made the program freely available.  That's a great donation to this community that he's made and he certainly has my respect for doing so.
How'm I supposed to read your lips when you're talkin' out your ass? - Lern Tilton

Ignorance in audio is exceeded only by our collective willingness to embrace and foster it. -  Srajan Ebaen

Offline noam

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #183 on: February 18, 2007, 12:36:44 PM »
Quote from: SparkE!

The consensus seems to be that if you add pictures, then the HD841 is gapless, no matter where you split the tracks. 

Adding pictures to which program (since the DVD-Audiofile doesn't do them)? My ADVD-creator created video-DVD's have pics added and have gaps. I think I'll get the DiscWelder bronze - Noam

Offline SparkE!

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #184 on: February 18, 2007, 12:58:28 PM »
The consensus seems to be that if you add pictures, then the HD841 is gapless, no matter where you split the tracks. 
Adding pictures to which program (since the DVD-Audiofile doesn't do them)? My ADVD-creator created video-DVD's have pics added and have gaps. I think I'll get the DiscWelder bronze - Noam
Well, DVD-Audio Solo seems to be that way.  See this thread:

http://taperssection.com/index.php/topic,61602.msg825404.html#msg825404

In fact, read the whole thread.  This subject has been beaten nearly to death, mostly by me:

http://taperssection.com/index.php/topic,61602.0.html
« Last Edit: February 18, 2007, 01:04:06 PM by SparkE! »
How'm I supposed to read your lips when you're talkin' out your ass? - Lern Tilton

Ignorance in audio is exceeded only by our collective willingness to embrace and foster it. -  Srajan Ebaen

Offline noam

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #185 on: February 24, 2007, 04:16:32 PM »
Well, DVD-Audio Solo seems to be that way.  See this thread:

http://taperssection.com/index.php/topic,61602.msg825404.html#msg825404

In fact, read the whole thread.  This subject has been beaten nearly to death, mostly by me:

http://taperssection.com/index.php/topic,61602.0.html

This is from the Introduction to DiscWlder Bronze, about the issue of gaps that bothered me. It sort of explains it:

"Pause Between Tracks: A pause before a selected track plays, if desired, is set under the Track Properties (right-click on the Track name, click on “Properties”) as a “Pause” in milliseconds.

There is, however, a very short space (under a few hundred milliseconds) automatically added before some tracks by some DVD-A players. >:(
Gapless Tracks: BRONZE lets you specify that adjacent tracks with identical Track parameters play without a gap or pause, i.e. ”Gapless”, in all currently-manufactured DVD-A players." :)

Noam

Offline wbrisette

• Trade Count: (2)
    • Homepage
« Reply #186 on: February 25, 2007, 08:24:24 AM »
it won't work on wavs with non-standard headers.  but it'll work on any flac file

right because flac skips the unknown headers...  gotcha.

is there an easy way to strip those headers out without going to FLAC?

I have the same problem like Scooter ("for some reason, this prog will not work w/ .wav files for me.  It just makes the folder and the .iso REAL fast, and they are like 1.5 meg??  Anyone else have this prob??  Seems fo work fine w/ flac's.")

I don't know how to go to FLAC. Any idea?

I had a similar issue on the Mac. Going to Flac was the ONLY way to make it work properly. As Scott mentioned it has to do with the application writing additional information in the header that the program can't deal with.

Wayne
Mics: Earthworks SR-77 (MP), QTC-1 (MP)

Editing: QSC RMX2450, MOTU 2408 MK3, Earthworks Sigma 6.2

Offline noam

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #187 on: February 25, 2007, 11:41:29 AM »
it won't work on wavs with non-standard headers.  but it'll work on any flac file

I have the same problem like Scooter ("for some reason, this prog will not work w/ .wav files for me.  It just makes the folder and the .iso REAL fast, and they are like 1.5 meg??  Anyone else have this prob??  Seems fo work fine w/ flac's.")

I had a similar issue on the Mac. Going to Flac was the ONLY way to make it work properly. As Scott mentioned it has to do with the application writing additional information in the header that the program can't deal with.

Wayne

I just burned my first DVD-A with DiscWelder Bronze and it's not only gapless - the sound quality of the identical 24/48 files is better when burned into DVD-A than when burned into audio-DVD with ADVD-creator - Noam

Offline bgalizio

• Trade Count: (3)
    • http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/spyboychoir
« Reply #188 on: February 25, 2007, 11:45:24 AM »

Wayne

I just burned my first DVD-A with DiscWelder Bronze and it's not only gapless - the sound quality of the identical 24/48 files is better when burned into DVD-A than when burned into audio-DVD with ADVD-creator - Noam

???? I don't really understand why this is the case. With DVD-V containing audio, is your player actually outputting 24/48?

Kudos for finding something that works for you! FWIW, I can't tell the difference between a 24/48 DVD-A and 24/48 DVD-V. I think they should be identical, just different formats.

Offline Digital Quality

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #189 on: March 19, 2007, 04:06:03 PM »
Nice work on this Scott. I finally joined the 24 bit world and it's all working nicely.

I tried to put set 2 in a second group but my player won't skip straight there from the end of group one. Is that normal? I just gave up and put them both in on group in the end but I'm wondering if I missed out on something? Thanks.

Burner: Sony (model # escapes me now)
Player: Marantz DV7600
You are here: http://www.atlasoftheuniverse.com/
http://antwrp.gsfc.nasa.gov/apod/astropix.html

rig:         mk41/21>kc5>cmc6>KindKables>v3>Axim x50v,WM6,live2496
playback: Marantz DV7600>Mackie 1202>Mackie HR824

Offline JasonSobel

• Trade Count: (8)
    • My show list
« Reply #190 on: March 19, 2007, 06:45:38 PM »
Nice work on this Scott. I finally joined the 24 bit world and it's all working nicely.

I tried to put set 2 in a second group but my player won't skip straight there from the end of group one. Is that normal? I just gave up and put them both in on group in the end but I'm wondering if I missed out on something? Thanks.

Burner: Sony (model # escapes me now)
Player: Marantz DV7600

my denon player just stops after group 1.
but on the remote, there's a button that's called "search mode"
pressing that button toggles between "Track" mode and "group" mode.  so I can skip a track at a time, or a group at a time.
I don't know if that's the way it's supposed to be, but your player certainly isn't alone in the way it handles multiple groups.

Offline ts

• Trade Count: (81)
« Reply #191 on: March 27, 2007, 07:51:14 AM »

Wayne

I had the same problem with ADC and gaps with my 2910, switched to Disc welder bronze and everythings cool. I think it sounds better to.

Offline twoodruff

• Trade Count: (91)
« Reply #192 on: April 29, 2007, 10:01:27 AM »
so you just burn the .iso image to a dvd-r? My panasonic didn't recognize the image, am I missing something?
No Mics
Clamps
Cables
No Preamp
Recorders

Offline JackoRoses

• lost cause
« Reply #193 on: April 29, 2007, 10:32:16 AM »
so you just burn the .iso image to a dvd-r? My panasonic didn't recognize the image, am I missing something?
you don't burn the iso the the dvd per se...
You load the iso into the burning software and the burning software should know what to do from there.
If you start off with a compilation and drag the iso into that, the software will burn it as a straight up iso..
Make sense? Sorry hard to explain I use Nero for one so I can't speak for all burning applications.
But Nero has an option to load an .ISO image and it goes from there...
http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/jackoroses
AKG ck61's/ck62's/ck63's/480b's > zaolla's/Dogstar silver cables > optimod V3  > zaolla spdif> HD-P2
"None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free. "
Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Big Brother is here and he is watching you.

Offline twoodruff

• Trade Count: (91)
« Reply #194 on: April 29, 2007, 11:34:09 AM »
so if you load set 1 into group 1 and set 2 into group 2 are there two .iso images made or 1? as in does it do both groups into 1 .iso image?
No Mics
Clamps
Cables
No Preamp
Recorders

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.079 seconds with 44 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com