Gear / Technical Help > Remote Power

Equipment, External Battery, Voltage and DC Plug Size Info

<< < (15/16) > >>

cyfan:

--- Quote from: tgakidis on June 23, 2018, 12:02:57 AM ---
--- Quote from: cyfan on June 22, 2018, 11:51:33 PM ---
--- Quote from: tgakidis on June 22, 2018, 11:41:09 PM ---
--- Quote from: cyfan on June 22, 2018, 11:37:51 PM ---I need a new battery for my Edirol UA-5. All of the info on this page is pretty old, but it looks like I need a battery with different polarity that what I'm finding on Ebay etal.
Would appreciate any help for somebody who is not necessary completely tech savvy on this issue.

--- End quote ---

You actually just need a reverse polarity cable.

--- End quote ---

Thanks. But are those readily available or do I need one specially made?
(Full disclosure: I'm slowly bowing out of the taping game, so I'm trying to milk this UA-5 preamp for a couple more years. Damed battery I got from the Oades didn't wanna cooperate).

--- End quote ---

I can build you on for your battery of choice.
http://taperssection.com/index.php?topic=131680.0

--- End quote ---

I was looking at this one:
https://www.amazon.com/TalentCell-Rechargeable-12000mAh-Multi-led-indicator/dp/B00ME3ZH7C/ref=pd_lpo_vtph_107_bs_t_1?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=V88ZFYH8G942JPABMZQE

What I'm trying to figure out is whether I can still use the battery cable that came with my UA-5 and stock Oade Bros. battery (that has now died). I know the UA-5 power input has reversed polarity, but I don't know if the battery also had the polarity reversed.

tgakidis:

--- Quote from: cyfan on June 23, 2018, 04:30:42 PM ---I was looking at this one:
https://www.amazon.com/TalentCell-Rechargeable-12000mAh-Multi-led-indicator/dp/B00ME3ZH7C/ref=pd_lpo_vtph_107_bs_t_1?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=V88ZFYH8G942JPABMZQE

What I'm trying to figure out is whether I can still use the battery cable that came with my UA-5 and stock Oade Bros. battery (that has now died). I know the UA-5 power input has reversed polarity, but I don't know if the battery also had the polarity reversed.

--- End quote ---

You need a 9v battery, 12v may be to much. (See power input voltage on pic below)

Look on the first post at the bottom and you’ll see the most current batteries out there that supply 9v.  What battery brand/style is your old cable for!

cyfan:

--- Quote from: tgakidis on June 23, 2018, 05:50:17 PM ---
--- Quote from: cyfan on June 23, 2018, 04:30:42 PM ---I was looking at this one:

--- End quote ---

You need a 9v battery, 12v may be to much. (See power input voltage on pic below)

Look on the first post at the bottom and you’ll see the most current batteries out there that supply 9v.  What battery brand/style is your old cable for!

--- End quote ---

Thanks again. There were only two batteries with live links to 9V packs on the first page. There's a lot of threads/posts on here from folks saying they use 12V batteries with their UA-5 and it works fine.
The 12V packs seem more readily available and less costly.

The battery that failed was an Oade Brothers Battery Pack with no other stickers or brand listings. But I'm told by others it was a 12 volt pack.

Twenty8:
Question about powering a UA-5 and need some help.
All the threads on this device and powering options are quite old.  This is the latest thread dealing with it.

Due to being discontinued around 15 years ago, most users were powering the UA-5 with DVD batteries/RC batteries.

I just purchased one in the Yard Sale.  I would like to feed the device using the 9v plug on a Talent Cell.
I understand the polarity issues with the cord.

However ...
The Talent Cell outputs 9v at 1A.
The UA-5 accepts 9v at 450mA.
What issues am I expected to run into powering the UA-5 with the Talent Cell?
Its this possible?
Will I need a way to "Step-down" the amperage to the UA-5?  If so, what would the solution be?

Thanks for anyone's help.  There is currently no thread dealing with "modern" power solutions in the form of Li-ion battery banks.
Powering a deck and pre from the same battery would make for a smaller set-up.

Twenty8:
Am I correct in assuming that the device will only draw the needed 450 mA if provided with 9v ?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version