Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: How'd Paul Lango' Record Phish?  (Read 7612 times)

Offline rokpunk

• WOULD HIT IT
  • Trade Count: (4)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: How'd Paul Lango' Record Phish?
« Reply #30 on: April 30, 2008, 05:17:58 PM »
this effect is very obviously noticeable on 90's era Dead soundboard recordings, once the music stops the audience source feed jumps way up in an unnatural way, and often fluctuates in source and level too, then drops back down when the next tune begins, I don't understand why it was done and it is annoying to say the least

perhaps the soundboard recordings you are thinking of are monitor mixes.
make sense now?
The new and improved taperssection.com....now with freedom of speech without the repercussion of -T's!

again, your showing your cluelessness.

Jah sitteth in Mount Zion
And rules all creation........

Offline fobstl

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #31 on: April 30, 2008, 05:35:53 PM »

this effect is very obviously noticeable on 90's era Dead soundboard recordings, once the music stops the audience source feed jumps way up in an unnatural way, and often fluctuates in source and level too, then drops back down when the next tune begins, I don't understand why it was done and it is annoying to say the least
[/quote]
I always understood that this was a result of the audience sound coming through the bands vocal mics. When the individual band member stepped off of the pad that was in front of his vocal mic that mic was turned off. Thus the crowd noise that was coming through the vocal mics was eliminated.

Offline morst

• I think I found an error on the internet; #UnionStrong
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Needs to get out more...
« Reply #32 on: May 01, 2008, 11:55:57 AM »
I always understood that this was a result of the audience sound coming through the bands vocal mics. When the individual band member stepped off of the pad that was in front of his vocal mic that mic was turned off. Thus the crowd noise that was coming through the vocal mics was eliminated.
Yup, they side-chained a burgler alarm pad to a gate on Bobby's mic, with the hold timed so he could jump and it would not cut out, but when he stepped away from the mic, it would mute. Otherwise the cymbals come through the vocal mics and fill up the mix with high frequencies. Plus, the fewer open mics you have, the more gain-before-feedback.
https://toad.social/@morst spoutible.com/morst post.news/@acffhmorst

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.051 seconds with 27 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com