Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: General Help with iZotope RX Pro Audio Editor  (Read 2078 times)

Offline robgronotte

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
General Help with iZotope RX Pro Audio Editor
« on: June 21, 2023, 04:49:54 AM »
I have a particular issue, but I thought this could also just be a catch all thread for little issues people could use help with.

I have been getting to learn this program, and am amazed at some of the things that it can do, but I still have the toughest time getting it just to start playing where I want it to.  Particularly after using an editing tool, I want to just put the start cursor at a particular place to listen to the edit, but when I click on a spot, it will often just select a part of the recording because it thinks I want to do more editing.  Other times it will start playing where I want, but will only play a second or two before stopping.  And then sometimes it will go ahead and play from that spot like I want it to do, but I can't figure out anything I did differently.  Plus sometimes it will play back a second or two and then just randomly jump five minutes or so forward.  This is all very frustrating - in other music editing programs I have never had a problem just playing back the music from the spot I choose.  I imagine there must be something easy I am doing wrong, but I sure can't figure out what.  Help!

Offline nassau73

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Taperssection Regular
Re: General Help with iZotope RX Pro Audio Editor
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2023, 01:27:52 PM »
It's hard to picture what you are describing because it seems so different from what I experience.

But where you are probably running into problems is - look at the bottom left of your display. There is a Right hand pointing arrow with a small arrow above it. It is the one farthest to the right. Click it to toggle.

Let's say you are playing your selection. You've just played about 20 seconds of your file and you want to back and listen  again. One toggle position will play from that beginning point over and over as many times as you start and stop playing.

OK, so now you've played your selection but you want to continue playing from where you left off at the end of the section you just listened to. Toggle again to do that.

Tapping the space bar to start and stop playing is easier than clicking the play button.

Offline DavidPuddy

• Trade Count: (18)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • If it's too loud, turn it down.
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2023, 03:02:29 PM »
To select the beginning of the spot you want to play, you need to go right above where the left channel is displayed (right below where the entire waveform is) and click. A yellow pin with dashed vertical line will appear which shows your play cue. Use the normal play button at the bottom to play this. You can also drag the pin point.

When you have an area selected, that would be the time that you use the play button with the dashed box around it.
Mics: mk4v/mk41v/mk22 > CMC1L/Nbobs, 4061, MKE2
Preamps: Mixpre-D, Nbox Platinum ABS
Recorders: Mixpre-6 ii, PCM-A10

Offline robgronotte

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2023, 03:58:56 PM »
Thanks guys, both of those suggestions should help.  I had just been clicking anywhere in the wave form display.

The only issue I see now is that after I have chosen a spot to play by clicking in the blank area above the wave form, I have a little gray triangle remaining in that spot, it looks like a tab which has been set in a word processing program.  I didn't mean to set a tab or anything there - not sure why it is now there or what to do to remove it.

BTW, I am using version 10 of the program, but I know all versions are pretty similar and thought this could be a catch all thread for minor issues with any version.

Offline nassau73

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Taperssection Regular
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2023, 05:56:14 PM »
Thanks guys, both of those suggestions should help.  I had just been clicking anywhere in the wave form display.

The only issue I see now is that after I have chosen a spot to play by clicking in the blank area above the wave form, I have a little gray triangle remaining in that spot, it looks like a tab which has been set in a word processing program.  I didn't mean to set a tab or anything there - not sure why it is now there or what to do to remove it.

BTW, I am using version 10 of the program, but I know all versions are pretty similar and thought this could be a catch all thread for minor issues with any version.

I'm using 9 Standard so am not familiar with RX 10 except for what I've seen in demo videos. Normally if I saw a little gray triangle, I'd be looking at a marker or a region. From what I've seen in the demos, what you describe as the blank area might have something to do with the voice/text capabilities of version 10. You might try bringing up the Markers and Regions window to help verify.

Offline robgronotte

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2023, 12:21:53 AM »
Another problem I'm having now that I've been using the program more.  It's tough for me to find a particular spot in a recording, partially because I hate the way the play cursor just scrolls across the screen. In other programs the current spot is always in the middle while the music visualizer scrolls to the left.

Is there a mode like this in izotope?  Or any other ideas how I can more easily zoom in on a section want to edit?

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.049 seconds with 30 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com