Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Time to change up my 2 channel playback.  (Read 11229 times)

Offline ts

• Trade Count: (81)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: Time to change up my 2 channel playback.
« Reply #30 on: June 09, 2019, 11:42:33 AM »
Tony,

No doubt tube amps sound sweet, but you may find that you will need a bit more power to drive the woofers. The Cornwalls are quite effiecient @ over 100dB, but power is still power. The Dynaco is only 35WPC.

I've wanted to do something similar. I was thinking a good approach would be to find a tube amp with a preamp output in addition to the main out. I could then run the pre out to a solid state amp for the lows, (As a hybrid configuration) and use the main outs for mids/highs only.

Thanks for that tidbit. Right now I’m really liking my 100 watt solid state with these Cornwalls. I left my sub connected just because it was there and I really can’t even find it in the room. The bass coming out of the speakers is more than enough.

mcfoster

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #31 on: June 09, 2019, 12:04:55 PM »
Are you digging them as much as you had hoped? I miss them...  but that's ok

Offline ts

• Trade Count: (81)
  • Needs to get out more...
« Reply #32 on: June 10, 2019, 12:02:26 PM »
Are you digging them as much as you had hoped? I miss them...  but that's ok

Absolutely love them. Somewhere in this thread I mentioned an old love affair I had with a pair of La Scalas. Always wanted them but an old friend who worked at the two local hi fi shops talked me out of them. The horn fatigue factor. So I bought into his pitch and went with ADS. Fast forward 35 years and I’m finally where I want to be. Not La Scalas but close enough. Thanks again!

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.05 seconds with 32 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com