Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: TSKB: Sansa e260 MP3 Player - 4GB  (Read 2687 times)

Offline tfrench

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Taperssection All-Star
    • My Music Trading List
TSKB: Sansa e260 MP3 Player - 4GB
« on: October 18, 2007, 09:29:59 AM »
Wanted to see what pros and/or cons TS folks have about this MP3 player.  Looking to pick one up for the wife to have when she is working out.  Below is what I like just from reading the specs of the player:

http://www.sandisk.com/Products/Item(1940)-SDMX4-4096-A70-Sansa_e260_MP3_Player_4GB.aspx

1) Features microSD™ expansion slot for additional memory capacity.
2) User replaceable and rechargeable Lithium Ion battery.
3) Digital FM tuner, on-the-fly FM recording, and voice recording.

Curious to know if the output of this player is excellent, good, bad?  Also please add any other details I am forgetting.

Todd
I'm a taper,one of the most well adapted and well prepared species known to exist on the planet,even the boy scouts ain't got shit on us....Mark S.

Recording Gear:
AKG 460b (ck63, ck1 or mk46/ck1x/ck3x) > FR2-LE (24/48)

ISO: AKG ck2x, CK22, CK2, CK3

Offline fmaderjr

• Trade Count: (16)
  • Taperssection All-Star
Re: TSKB: Sansa e260 MP3 Player - 4GB
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2007, 06:31:48 AM »
I didn't like (in fact hated) my Sansa e280 because it would not play a series of albums in folders with the tracks in proper order. You can get around this my making playlists for all your albums, but that's too much of a hassle for me.

I discovered that the Sansa 200 series (without the e) has almost the same features and you have the option of installing Rock Box software (the e200 series cannot be rockboxed). I returned the e280 and bought a Sansa 280 at a great price from Amazon.com. Rockbox works great in it as a music player, so I can play my albums just the way I want to. I haven't figured out the radio & video in Rockbox, but it doesn't matter to me because you can dual boot into Sansa software whenever you like.

I recommend getting a Sansa 260 or 280 (without the e) to give you the option of using Rockbox. You can learn all about Rockbox on it's website. 
AT853's (all caps)/CM-300 Franken Naks (CP-1,2,3)/JBMod Nak 700's (CP-701,702) > Tascam DR-680
Or Sonic Studios DSM-6 > M10

Offline herrmann2burn

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Taperssection Member
  • West by God
    • my tradelist
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2009, 02:31:34 PM »
I didn't like (in fact hated) my Sansa e280 because it would not play a series of albums in folders with the tracks in proper order. You can get around this my making playlists for all your albums, but that's too much of a hassle for me.

I discovered that the Sansa 200 series (without the e) has almost the same features and you have the option of installing Rock Box software (the e200 series cannot be rockboxed). I returned the e280 and bought a Sansa 280 at a great price from Amazon.com. Rockbox works great in it as a music player, so I can play my albums just the way I want to. I haven't figured out the radio & video in Rockbox, but it doesn't matter to me because you can dual boot into Sansa software whenever you like.

I recommend getting a Sansa 260 or 280 (without the e) to give you the option of using Rockbox. You can learn all about Rockbox on it's website. 
I know this is an old topic, but since i Searched for info on the Sansa e200 Series and this thread popped up, im gonna respond.
I just got my wife's old Sansa e280 she had bought refurbished, because she is now using a Zune. I just successfully loaded Rockbox on it.
It will take it as long as the Sansa is a version 1, not version 2. You can find out which version you have by seeing which Sansa firmware is installed.  v1 starts 01.xxx.xx and v2 starts 03.xxx.xx.

This is actually my 1st portable media player other than my microtracker or minidisc, so i still have a lot to learn about functionality on the device.

Take me home, country roads...to the place, i belong...

http://www.phishhook.com/lists/herrmann2burn

Offline fmaderjr

• Trade Count: (16)
  • Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2009, 03:13:34 PM »
You are correct, but they developed rockbox for the e series only after I got rid of my player due to not being able to rockbox it.
AT853's (all caps)/CM-300 Franken Naks (CP-1,2,3)/JBMod Nak 700's (CP-701,702) > Tascam DR-680
Or Sonic Studios DSM-6 > M10

Offline herrmann2burn

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Taperssection Member
  • West by God
    • my tradelist
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2009, 04:07:45 PM »
You are correct, but they developed rockbox for the e series only after I got rid of my player due to not being able to rockbox it.
I figured as much.  The thread is originally from 2007, but since i searched the forums to find out specifically about rockbox and the sansa, and this was the thread that popped up, i figured id update it for anyone else who searches for this info moving forward.  :)
Take me home, country roads...to the place, i belong...

http://www.phishhook.com/lists/herrmann2burn

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.055 seconds with 29 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com