Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: External Drive Issue  (Read 1684 times)

Offline The Kilted Taper

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Real men wear kilts.
External Drive Issue
« on: May 13, 2005, 03:36:41 PM »
Just ordered an external DVD burner that I can use with both my laptop and desktop off eBay. Arrived today. I take it out of the box, and I hear a bunch of rattling, sliding, etc. Thought maybe a screw came loose in side or something, so I open the enclosure up. There are several metal like pieces floating around in there. When pieved back together they form a very tight oval type objet. Any ideas what the hell this is???

"The guy who's been dissed, dismissed and demoted so often that he should have officially changed his first name to "Backup." "

Offline fozzy

• Trade Count: (2)
  • move along, nothing much to see here
Re: External Drive Issue
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2005, 03:49:18 PM »
Could be the cover to the drive assembly or the widget that loks it all into place.  I just pulled 10 or so drives off the shelf and none of em have anythin that looks like it could come off easily.  pics?
MK 4V > KCY 250/5 Ig (KS 10I)  > VST62IUg > 722

Offline The Kilted Taper

• Real men wear kilts.
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2005, 04:11:51 PM »
I'll take some pics tonight and post them. It's in pieces, but I'll do my best.
"The guy who's been dissed, dismissed and demoted so often that he should have officially changed his first name to "Backup." "

CHURCH-AUDIO

« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2005, 10:21:30 PM »
Just ordered an external DVD burner that I can use with both my laptop and desktop off eBay. Arrived today. I take it out of the box, and I hear a bunch of rattling, sliding, etc. Thought maybe a screw came loose in side or something, so I open the enclosure up. There are several metal like pieces floating around in there. When pieved back together they form a very tight oval type objet. Any ideas what the hell this is???

Unless you play as a percussionist I would send it back :)

Offline The Kilted Taper

• Real men wear kilts.
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2005, 01:42:07 PM »
Here are 2 pics of what I am talking about. The first is all pieces spread out, and the second what it should look like put together.

PS: I don't get the percussionist comment.  :-[

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.05 seconds with 31 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com