Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: ZOOM H2/ CA-14's/BATT BOX - using mic input ..thoughts?  (Read 2091 times)

Offline deadwing

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
ZOOM H2/ CA-14's/BATT BOX - using mic input ..thoughts?
« on: February 06, 2009, 04:07:20 PM »
The line in went faulty on my 3 month old Zoom H2 last weekend and will be going back for a warranty repair shortly but I've got a run of shows I want to record.

Last night, I recorded a couple of bands (loud rock/metal) in a small - 250-300 capacity venue using the mic input (with the 'plug in power' switched off) - took the rec level down to 100 and  kept my eyes on the levels which never got past where I'd have expected them to going through the line in. Got the recordings home and they sounded really good- as good as I would have expected had I been able to use the line in, so my question is this -are there any issues using mic in with plug in power off?

Offline Church-Audio

• Trade Count: (44)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: ZOOM H2/ CA-14's/BATT BOX - using mic input ..thoughts?
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2009, 04:19:34 PM »
The line in went faulty on my 3 month old Zoom H2 last weekend and will be going back for a warranty repair shortly but I've got a run of shows I want to record.

Last night, I recorded a couple of bands (loud rock/metal) in a small - 250-300 capacity venue using the mic input (with the 'plug in power' switched off) - took the rec level down to 100 and  kept my eyes on the levels which never got past where I'd have expected them to going through the line in. Got the recordings home and they sounded really good- as good as I would have expected had I been able to use the line in, so my question is this -are there any issues using mic in with plug in power off?

No other then the fact you might get overloading if your not careful.

Chris
for warranty returns email me at
EMAIL Sales@church-audio.com

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.051 seconds with 27 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com