Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Microtrack - WON'T DO ANYTHING!  (Read 2760 times)

Offline Nick Graham

• Amorican
  • Trade Count: (3)
  • Needs to get out more...
Microtrack - WON'T DO ANYTHING!
« on: December 12, 2005, 10:32:14 PM »
I was playing around with my Microtrack tonight, formatting a new CF card and Microdrive, and running a few tests, etc.

I powered it down, swapped cards, and tried to reboot...and now it will not do anything. Period. Zilch. Nothing. I've connected to my PC, nothing happened (doesn't boot up, PC doesn't recognize it). I've connected to the wall-wart, and again, absolutely nothing happened.

WTF?

How the hell could this have happened? There's no way I could've fried anything by turning it off. The battery's not dead. Is there some secret reset button?

Help!
Right now nothing...in the past: Schoeps CMC6, AKG 480, AKG 460, AKG 414, MBHO 603a, Neumann KM100, ADK TL>Schoeps MK4, Schoeps MK2, Schoeps MK41, AKG ck61, AKG ck62, AKG ck63, Neumann AK40, Neumann AK50, MBHO ka200>Lunatec V2, Lunatec V3, Apogee Mini-Me, Oade M148, Oade M248, Sound Devices MP2, Sonosax SXM2>Sony (mod)SBM1, Apogee AD500>D7, D8, D100, M1, R1, R4, R09, iRiver HP120, Microtrack

Offline sickrick43

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • I'm NOT a fucking llama!
Re: Microtrack - WON'T DO ANYTHING!
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2005, 10:37:13 PM »

Mine had a USB cable that would not connect to the PC.  I swapped it with a cable from my camera & it worked fine.  Try hitting the DEL button when it hangs booting, and it should reboot.  Connect it to the PC, the select the CONNECT TO PC from the SYSTEM menu.

Aside from the bad backlight on the display, I haven't had any issues that really upset me.  - Well, maybe that I can't access my external USB Card reader when the unit is connected - but that's a Windows issue, not a MT issue.

Is it DEAD (as in won't power up?) or just hangs in boot?  Try charging it overnite.  Despite the battery indicator showing nearly full charge out of the box, it needs a long charge initially...

Rick
4 Track & CD Live Rig: TLM-170's->V3->SD-744T  CDLive->TC Finalzer Express->Tascam CDR-900SL

24 Track Rig: Audix D6/D2/D4/I5/SCX1-C/O->Whilrwind SPC82 ISO Splitters->DigimaxLT's->Alesis HD24 (Lucid GenX192 Master Clock)

Canon 1Ds MarkII - 16-35/2.8L - 24-70/2.8L - 70-200/2.8L IS - 180/f:3.5 Macro - 550EX Flash

"this isnt a dramatic bitchy exit, its just time to go." - Big Ray (queen of the dramatic bitchy exit)

Offline Nick Graham

• Amorican
  • Trade Count: (3)
  • Needs to get out more...
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2005, 10:42:02 PM »

Mine had a USB cable that would not connect to the PC.  I swapped it with a cable from my camera & it worked fine.  Try hitting the DEL button when it hangs booting, and it should reboot.  Connect it to the PC, the select the CONNECT TO PC from the SYSTEM menu.

Aside from the bad backlight on the display, I haven't had any issues that really upset me.  - Well, maybe that I can't access my external USB Card reader when the unit is connected - but that's a Windows issue, not a MT issue.

Is it DEAD (as in won't power up?) or just hangs in boot?  Try charging it overnite.  Despite the battery indicator showing nearly full charge out of the box, it needs a long charge initially...

Rick

No, it's completely dead. No sign of charging, nothing. I'd ran into problems before with it getting hung in boot mode - but this is nothiing like that...it's totally void of anything.

Right now nothing...in the past: Schoeps CMC6, AKG 480, AKG 460, AKG 414, MBHO 603a, Neumann KM100, ADK TL>Schoeps MK4, Schoeps MK2, Schoeps MK41, AKG ck61, AKG ck62, AKG ck63, Neumann AK40, Neumann AK50, MBHO ka200>Lunatec V2, Lunatec V3, Apogee Mini-Me, Oade M148, Oade M248, Sound Devices MP2, Sonosax SXM2>Sony (mod)SBM1, Apogee AD500>D7, D8, D100, M1, R1, R4, R09, iRiver HP120, Microtrack

Offline JasonR

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Taperssection Member
  • Schoepsoholic
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2005, 11:19:00 PM »
No, it's completely dead.

Nah, it's just pining...
;)
Schoeps MK21,MK4,MK41,MK41V,MK8 > CMC5/Naiant Tinybox/PFAs > Sound Devices 744T, Sony PCM-M10
DPA 4060 (CS HEB) > SD 744T, M10

Offline sickrick43

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • I'm NOT a fucking llama!
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2005, 07:11:58 AM »

Rick

No, it's completely dead. No sign of charging, nothing. I'd ran into problems before with it getting hung in boot mode - but this is nothiing like that...it's totally void of anything.

Sounds "broke" to me.  RMA time...

Rick
4 Track & CD Live Rig: TLM-170's->V3->SD-744T  CDLive->TC Finalzer Express->Tascam CDR-900SL

24 Track Rig: Audix D6/D2/D4/I5/SCX1-C/O->Whilrwind SPC82 ISO Splitters->DigimaxLT's->Alesis HD24 (Lucid GenX192 Master Clock)

Canon 1Ds MarkII - 16-35/2.8L - 24-70/2.8L - 70-200/2.8L IS - 180/f:3.5 Macro - 550EX Flash

"this isnt a dramatic bitchy exit, its just time to go." - Big Ray (queen of the dramatic bitchy exit)

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.048 seconds with 31 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com