Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: 702 Users  (Read 8278 times)

Offline OOK

• Trade Count: (17)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • formerly OtherOneK
702 Users
« on: February 10, 2008, 10:28:53 PM »
I will likely have a 702 by summer or sooner.  >:D The question I have is what type of CF card works best.
What speed or spefication should I look for in a card.  Is any one brand better than another when it comes to a 702?  I know my HDP2 loves sandisk ultra 2....

I see transcend has a 133x 32 gig card out.  Would this be a good card to start with?

Thanks for any help...
peace
OOK
DPA/HEB 4060's > R09HR
MBHO648/KA100Lk/KA200/KA300/KA500 > SD702

Offline johnw

• Trade Count: (11)
    • My cd List
Re: 702 Users
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2008, 10:36:07 PM »
That Transcend card should work great. I'm using the A-Data 32GB one and that is only 40x I believe. No problems at 24/48 so far. But I only record 24/48 wav (no flac). The SD7xx decks are hard to beat.

EDIT: I should say that I haven't heard of any cards not working with the 7xx series.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2008, 10:38:00 PM by johnw »
Schoeps MK41 & MK4V  |  Schoeps CMC6, Schoeps KCY, AKI/2C, PFA, Nbox Cable/PFA  |  Grace V2, Nbox Platinum  |  SD744T, SD MixPre 6, Sony PCM M10

Canon 16-35mm/2.8L mkii, 24-70mm/2.8L, 70-200mm/2.8L IS, 50mm/1.8 mkii, 135mm/2L, 100mm/2.8L IS, Sigma 35mm/1.4 A  |  Canon 5D mk4

Offline OOK

• Trade Count: (17)
  • formerly OtherOneK
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2008, 10:50:33 PM »
That Transcend card should work great. I'm using the A-Data 32GB one and that is only 40x I believe. No problems at 24/48 so far. But I only record 24/48 wav (no flac). The SD7xx decks are hard to beat.

EDIT: I should say that I haven't heard of any cards not working with the 7xx series.

Thanks      T+

OOK
DPA/HEB 4060's > R09HR
MBHO648/KA100Lk/KA200/KA300/KA500 > SD702

Offline H₂O

• Trade Count: (28)
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2008, 11:28:15 AM »
I use the A-Data 16GB (the 40x version) and have recorded a number of shows at 24/96 WAV without issue.  You need to run firmware above 2.00 to use the slower cards reliably.

Only goes for about $60 shipped from New Egg at present:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820211170

32GB goes for about $140 shipped:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820211244

You'll love the 702 when you get and it pulls no power since there is no HDD.  I estimate I can run 24+ hours w/o Phantom on a 12 AH external 16V Polymer Li-ON.  I ran 10+ hours at a festival and it never went below 60%  (half of this time was with 48V Phantom on).
Music can at the least least explain you and at the most expand you
LMA Recordings

List

Offline johnw

• My cd List
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2008, 12:01:13 PM »
I use the A-Data 16GB (the 40x version) and have recorded a number of shows at 24/96 WAV without issue.  You need to run firmware above 2.00 to use the slower cards reliably.

Only goes for about $60 shipped from New Egg at present:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820211170

32GB goes for about $140 shipped:

You'll love the 702 when you get and it pulls no power since there is no HDD.  I estimate I can run 24+ hours w/o Phantom on a 12 AH external 16V Polymer Li-ON.  I ran 10+ hours at a festival and it never went below 60%  (half of this time was with 48V Phantom on).

What battery are you using and where did you get the Hirose cable from?
Schoeps MK41 & MK4V  |  Schoeps CMC6, Schoeps KCY, AKI/2C, PFA, Nbox Cable/PFA  |  Grace V2, Nbox Platinum  |  SD744T, SD MixPre 6, Sony PCM M10

Canon 16-35mm/2.8L mkii, 24-70mm/2.8L, 70-200mm/2.8L IS, 50mm/1.8 mkii, 135mm/2L, 100mm/2.8L IS, Sigma 35mm/1.4 A  |  Canon 5D mk4

Offline H₂O

• Trade Count: (28)
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2008, 09:20:42 PM »
What battery are you using and where did you get the Hirose cable from?

Built the cable myself (bought the Hirose end from B&H Photo).

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/293010-REG/Sound_Devices_XLH_Hirose_4_pin_Power_Connector.html

The battery is an Electrovaya PowerPad 160 - These go for about $300-400 new.  I bought mine back in 2002 and have used it with all sorts of gear with a VR box I built.   The 702 handles upto 18V so I don't need the VR  with it though - Power Pad outputs 16.5V at full charge. 

http://reviews.cnet.com/notebook-accessories/electrovaya-powerpad-160/4505-6459_7-30159269.html

Electrovaya doesn't make them any more - just stopped within last 4-5 months.  I wouldn't use the newer power pads won't as they have "Smart" connectors that sense voltage between 17 and 19V - meant for newer laptops.  Only use Power pad 120s or 160s.

They come up new on ebay occasionally for between $80 and $180 or so - be careful though and make sure the seller has a DOA policy as alot are sold that have been dropped or exposed to extreme temps - they balloon up when this happens - they should be a 1/4 inch think and uniform.

Also never pull more than 1.5A from it, according to the manufacturer - This maybe how I was able to get mine to last almost 6 years - probably been to 150 shows or so.  I emailed electrovaya a bunch back in 2001-2002 before I bought mine.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2008, 09:29:13 PM by campbrs »
Music can at the least least explain you and at the most expand you
LMA Recordings

List

Offline animuselanvital

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2008, 10:12:32 PM »
Hey everyone.  Hopefully I am not taking this too off topic but hope that someone can shed some light for me.  Just started on this thing and am interested in buying a recorder.  My decision has come down to 2:  Korg mr-1000 and Sound devices 702.  I know the 702 has the reputation of being a solid well built piece of equipment and is supposed to have some decent pre's in them.  The korg however is almost half the price and records in 1 bit audio.  I could get two of these!  I am worried though about how reliable it is and am not sure how the sound quality stacks up between the two when it is just the box alone w/o external pre's.  My plan is to use one of these devices alot in some adverse conditions (hot, cold, dry and moist air, and some rugged terrain).  I need it to be able to hang at my side from a bag and it must have the ability to be mobile with me. I wont be dropping the damn thing if I can help it (and I can do a good job when it comes to protecting my baby:) But its got to be able to handle some bumps here and there.  Last but not least, it has to sound excellent on its own (with the exception of the Korg because of the price I could afford a pre that costs about as much as the korg unit itself if need be . . . not so for the SD 702)  I've heard good and bad things about the pre's on the Korg and have not heard anything on the SD's except that they are very good. . . and I think that was from sound devices themselves.  I'm gonna go crazy here if I don't make a decision soon!

PS -  if anyone has any input on the possibility of using two of these together to create a surround sound field let me know. . . I do remember hearing that they are not linkable like the more pricey sound devices 700 series recorders.

Offline johnw

• My cd List
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2008, 10:36:43 PM »
If you want durable, look at nothing but Sound Devices. Out of all the recorders I'd guess no one would argue that anything else that we commonly use is more durable. I personally think it sounds great on its own. Sound Devices also has top notch product support. Again I'd guess that no other product we commonly use has better support.

stevetoney

« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2008, 01:15:18 AM »
I second Johns statement about the 702.  While I didn't ever use the Korg, I have used all of the following recorders before finally buying and settling on the 702...

Sony D7 DAT
Mini Disc without Hi-MD (ick)
Sony Hi-MD Mini Disc
JB3
Edirol R-09
Microtrack 24/96
Marantz PMD-660
Fostex FR2-LE

Finally...SD-702

So, the 702 costs alot more that much is true.  I know it's enticing to save money and I also had some thoughts before springing for the 702 about 2 for 1.  In fact, at the 702's price point, I could affort two FR2LE's and since these have broadcast WAV, it would not be difficult at all to match the profiles for 4-channel recording.  Very enticing.

But I bought the 702 instead and I'm just so happy I did.  Like everyone says, the quality of the SD products is just simply superior.  The ruggedness is there also.  It's a cliche that you get what you pay for, but in the SD 7xx case, the testament is that most everyone that owns their SD 7xx recorder swears by them as being the best by far.  

There's only one reason I'd EVER get rid of mine and that's that they hold their value and I'd need to sell in order to generate cash.

OK, one final comment about this...you constantly hear people say how happy they are with the 7xx product, but I have never once heard anyone say, I wish I had two (XXX, fill in the blank with any other model recorder) instead of one 7xx.

Steve
« Last Edit: February 14, 2008, 05:39:15 AM by tonedeaf »

Offline flintstone

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2008, 09:53:37 AM »
animuselanvital,

I also would recommend the Sound Devices 7xx machines for rugged reliability under difficult field conditions.  A friend of a friend uses a 722 for recording bird sounds in Venezuela.  The 722 has survived 3 years of steady use in the dusty, humid tropical climate, and still produces great sounding recordings.  The 702, using flash memory instead of a hard disc, will be even more durable.

All 7xx recorders can be connected to each other using their C.Link ports.  This lets one machine act as master and the others a slaves during a recording. Here's the Sound Devices page that talks about this function
http://www.sounddevices.com/notes/recorders/linking-recorders/

So if you can afford $3800 plus the cost of several Compactflash cards, two 702s are a proven way to record multichannel. 

Those of us on a tight budget are waiting for Edirol to deliver the four channel R-44 recorder.  The R-44 will cost about $800 plus flash memory.  Delivery is expected to start in April.
http://www.edirol.net/products/en/R-44/

Flintstone

Offline animuselanvital

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2008, 12:21:32 AM »
Awesome.  THanks guys. . . The SD 702 really sounds like the best way to go.  Anyone have any words on sound quality?  How do the 702 and MR1000 compare?  Does the 1 bit audio make a substantial difference?  Or are the preamps on the 702 just that much better and the korgs pre's poor enough to depreciate the possibility of 1 bit audio recording?  The SD 7xx's are used on many professional projects not excluding some major motion pictures.  It is no doubt an awesome piece of equipment.  It has the build, strenght, reputation, and professional quality to take care of business.  But is 24/192 to soon be replaced by 1-bit audio?  I just don't want to come in on the tail end of something even though the 7xx's are great products. ???  Alas. . . the things I don't know :)  Alot more than what I do know.

stevetoney

« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2008, 02:38:02 AM »
Awesome.  THanks guys. . . The SD 702 really sounds like the best way to go.  Anyone have any words on sound quality?  How do the 702 and MR1000 compare?  Does the 1 bit audio make a substantial difference?  Or are the preamps on the 702 just that much better and the korgs pre's poor enough to depreciate the possibility of 1 bit audio recording?  The SD 7xx's are used on many professional projects not excluding some major motion pictures.  It is no doubt an awesome piece of equipment.  It has the build, strenght, reputation, and professional quality to take care of business.  But is 24/192 to soon be replaced by 1-bit audio?  I just don't want to come in on the tail end of something even though the 7xx's are great products. ???  Alas. . . the things I don't know :)  Alot more than what I do know.

Regarding preamps, best to answer this for yourself by listening to the many shows that have been recorded with the 7xx.  Those are all uploaded to www.archive.org.  If you want to hear the /xx preamps though make sure you're only listening to samples that don't have a different preamp in front of the 7xx. 

Regarding 24 bit audio, it's all about getting a sampling resolution that records enough information so that there is no loss in fidelity during the recording of the audio.  There's no magic carpet ride here.  It's about developing technology that will write fast enough and with enough resolution...it's bits and bytes being written to magnetic media.  Beyond that, quality in sound recording is a function of the stuff you put in front of the data writer...the mics, preamp, A/D etc.

The SD-7xx enables 24 bit recording at sampling rates up to 192kbps.  Not many people actually record at the 192 sampling rate.  That's just too much information and is past the point of diminishing returns (in most peoples' opinions) and results in huge files to manage.  Most people record at 24/48 or 24/96. 

Regarding 24bit, I don't fully understand how it works, but suffice to say that 24bit provides an order of magnitude greater resolution than 16 bit.  It is my understanding that another order of magnitude beyond 24bit is again beyond the point of diminishing returns in terms of what we can hear with our ears on recorded mediums.

As it is, general music playback technology has not yet fully caught up to 24 bit.  We still don't have 24bit playback systems for say burning 24 bit files onto DVD and playing the DVD in your car. 

So, IMHO you really don't have to worry about technology advances beyond what 24 bit can offer...or leapfrogging past 24bit.  You'd probably never be able to hear the difference with the 'naked ear' anyway.

Bottom line is that 24bit 7xx digital recorders are not about to become obsolete.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2008, 02:46:50 AM by tonedeaf »

stevetoney

« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2008, 02:55:02 AM »
This thread was originated with Otherone asking about media for the 7xx.  I also use 16GB A-data without any problem at all.  I have two of them.

FWIW, some people like the 702 because without the harddrive and with just recording to CF, we are getting fairly significant increased runtimes from decreased power draw.  Others like the 722 because with the internal harddrive you can write simultaneously to two sources in case one or the other fails.  But the harddrive apparently draws a decent amount of power and shortens runtime.

Offline ghellquist

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2008, 03:08:54 AM »
Short takes.
I own a 722 since several years. Together with a stereo mic or a pair of omnis it is what comes with me on smaller recordings. On larger recordings, I have a rack on wheels with heavy high end stuff.

As witnessed by others, the 7xx is solid and keeps on working in quite severe surroundings. It is not totally water proof though, for that you need to go to the Cantar http://www.aaton.com/products/sound/cantar/index.php

Comparing the 7xx vs the MR1000 there are some differences in features as well as that ruggedness factor. One worth noting is that the 7xx allows you to listen to an MS recording decoded into normal stereo which to me is an important factor.

I have recently run my 722 flat on against an MR1000. I did two tests, both with MKH20 omnis going Y-cable into both machines. One test with external preamp, DAV BG2, and the other direct into preamps of the boxes. I recorded a largish symphony orchestra, 65 players, playing russian music with lots of dynamics. The MR1000 running at top speed, 5.6 GHz, and the 722 running at 96kHz/24 bit. Once at home the MR1000 file was converted with the included application into 96/24.

The result was interesting to say the least. With external preamp I could hear absolutely no difference. None whatsoever.

Using internal preamps, there was a very slight difference. Not much to talk about, and I could not really say which sounded better.

Now, this is a limited test of the sound, but to me it shows that the difference in sound between units at this level is simply too small to really take into account. One might be better than the other, but other things like moving the mics half a meter makes much larger difference. And selecting the correct mic setup, as example omni mics vs ORTF, makes a difference totally hiding the difference due to different recording equipment.

Well, all this is my opinions based on personal experience.

Gunnar

Offline animuselanvital

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2008, 05:51:41 PM »
thanks fellas.  I will try and sink all of this in bfore I make a decision.  Appreciate the help immensely.

Offline Nick's Picks

• Trade Count: (33)
  • I thought I heard.......
« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2008, 06:08:50 PM »
I like what DSD has to offer.
the Korgs certainly dont have the fit and finish, "buff factor" or feature set of the SD boxes.
but if your concert taping....do you need it?

you get what you pay for, true.  but if you only use 1/3rd of the available features, why pay for the rest?

If money was no object, I'd own a 702 as well.  but for the cash, i'll take a MOD'd MR1000 any day.  And to my ears...they sound better.

Offline deadheaded

• Trade Count: (14)
  • Taperssection Member
    • Kind Kables
« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2008, 05:40:37 PM »
I like what DSD has to offer.
the Korgs certainly dont have the fit and finish, "buff factor" or feature set of the SD boxes.
but if your concert taping....do you need it?

you get what you pay for, true.  but if you only use 1/3rd of the available features, why pay for the rest?

If money was no object, I'd own a 702 as well.  but for the cash, i'll take a MOD'd MR1000 any day.  And to my ears...they sound better.

What he said.
+t nick
If it's worth getting off the couch, it's worth taping!

Offline carlbeck

• Trade Count: (14)
« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2008, 02:32:00 PM »
I just ordered my 702 & the Transcend 32gb card. I will run it on Friday night & let you know how it works.
I know you like, tape for people's approval and stuff, and wave your tapes around like they're your dick...  but even you can't actually think section tapes from philips sound good.  

Mics: Telefunken Elam 260, 61, 62, MBHO KA200, KA500 > Niant PFA's, AKG C34L-MS
Preamps: Grace Lunatec V2, Shure FP24
Decks: Tascam DR-2d, Zoom F8

Old rig: Recording: AKG C34 & AKG CK1X or CK2X > MK46 > 460 > Aeta Mix2000 > Sound Devices 702

Playback: Thorens TD125, Denon DVD-2900> Bel Canto DAC-1 > Audible Illusions 3B > Rogue Atlas >ZU Wax Shotgun> Hyperion 938
ALL TUBES BABY!!!

Offline F.O.Bean

• Team Schoeps Tapir that
  • Trade Count: (126)
  • Taperus Maximus
    • MediaFire Recordings
« Reply #18 on: September 13, 2008, 07:43:38 AM »
So I have been wanting to get a 32GB CF Card for my 722, to basically turn it into a 702 :) That way I dont have to transfer from my cf card>INHDD at festivals(because I get better battery runtimes writing toi JUST my cf card slot). And HOLY SHIT, the 32GB A-Data cards are only $80.00+7.00 Shipping ;D I am DEFINITELY getting one of those suckas ;D  I will then have 40GB of cf card space for festivals :) I shouldnt even have to take out my 32GB card all that often at all, if at all :)

So, I know you all said that the A-Data cards worked great at 24/96 and 24/48, so I should be good to go, right? Especially since lately, and most likely, I will continue to only write at 24/44 since its easy as pie and im still in 24-bit, which is where the huge difference is anyway.

So, just to make sure before I buy, this is the EXACT card that ya'll have been having success w/ ??? Has ANYONE had problems writing to the 722/702 w this card? I didnt think so, but just figured id ask. 80 seems like a CRAZY GOOD DEAL on this card, so I just want to be 100% sure its the same exact card that yinz have all had success with :) I originally wanted to stick w/ RiData since Ive had great success running an 8GB RiData Pro 150x cf card in my 722 for over 2+ years, but after reading recent reviews and hearing about corrupt files on many diff cameras w/ the RiData Lightning Series 233x cards, I think I'll go w/ what has been proven reliable and tried and true, which would be this 32GB A-Data 'Speedy' card. And its write speed is around 40x correct? That just seems awfully low to me, but as long as it RELIABLY writes at 24/48 and 24/44(I will NEVER write past 24/48 anyway) then it looks like we have a winner in my book :) Especially since this card is around $40.00+ cheaper than the RiData is, which means ALOT to me right now since im between jobs and gas is KILLING all of us :P

Like I said, with the price just SOOOO LOW, I wanted to make sure it was the exact same card as ya'll have used and had success with :)

Thanks in advance fellas :)

Bean

P.S.-So, is this the exact same card as ya'll have used ???

Schoeps MK 4V & MK 41V ->
Schoeps 250|0 KCY's (x2) ->
Naiant +60v|Low Noise PFA's (x2) ->
DarkTrain Right Angle Stubby XLR's (x3) ->
Sound Devices MixPre-6 & MixPre-3

http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/diskobean
http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/Bean420
http://bt.etree.org/mytorrents.php
http://www.mediafire.com/folder/j9eu80jpuaubz/Recordings

Offline John Willett

• Taperssection All-Star
  • Bio:
    • Sound-Link ProAudio
« Reply #19 on: September 13, 2008, 10:27:30 AM »
Personally I put quality and reliability over price and now only use SanDisk cards.

Offline JD

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #20 on: September 13, 2008, 10:56:44 AM »
Bean, Ive been running that Adata 32 gig and an Adata 16 gig card in my 722 for like a year now. Never once had a problem. I record at 24/48.
Mics: DPA 4022, 4060; Nevaton MC51, MCE400; Gefell sms2000, m20, m21, m27
Pres: DPA MMA6000; Grace V2; Portico 5012; Sonosax SX-M2
Recorders: Edirol R09hr, Sound Devices 722

Offline manitouman

• Trade Count: (36)
  • Los Bulls!!!
« Reply #21 on: September 13, 2008, 03:12:05 PM »
I've got a pair of those cards and record at 24/96. Never had a problem with them. You should be good to go.
If that's the only difference between the 702 and the 722, an internal hard drive, then I'm glad I went with the 702 and bought these cards.

+T on the great deal. I paid like $120 a few months ago. Tempted but I don't need anymore cards.
Mics: AKG CK31, CK32>LM 3> MPA III

Offline boojum

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #22 on: September 13, 2008, 08:45:18 PM »
If you want to know what works with SD machines, go to the source: http://forums.sounddevices.com/showthread.php?t=1202
Nov schmoz kapop.

Offline F.O.Bean

• Taperus Maximus
    • MediaFire Recordings
« Reply #23 on: September 14, 2008, 01:44:45 AM »
Bean, Ive been running that Adata 32 gig and an Adata 16 gig card in my 722 for like a year now. Never once had a problem. I record at 24/48.

I've got a pair of those cards and record at 24/96. Never had a problem with them. You should be good to go.
If that's the only difference between the 702 and the 722, an internal hard drive, then I'm glad I went with the 702 and bought these cards.

+T on the great deal. I paid like $120 a few months ago. Tempted but I don't need anymore cards.

Thanks ALOT for the info fellas :) Its MUCH APPRECIATED :) Im gonna grab one of those 32GB ones when I get a frickin paycheck in a few weeks :) I am starting a new job on monday, so you all know how that goes :P ;D First paycheck is getting me a 32GB cf card, a pair of the Zune earbuds that KICKASS, and a clear plastic zune case :)

Offline mezzman

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #24 on: October 10, 2008, 02:39:13 AM »
I have the 16gb Transcend 133x in my 702 and it records a hair under 8 hours in 24/96.
I have not had any glitches and the speed of the card is way more than adequate for 24/96.
I've used Transcend cards in my Nikon DSLR for over a year now and they always worked perfectly from day one.
I'm waiting a bit so the 32gb card comes down in price a bit. Newegg.com has the 16gb for $41 and the 32gb for $109 last time I checked.

Offline F.O.Bean

• Taperus Maximus
    • MediaFire Recordings
« Reply #25 on: October 10, 2008, 06:19:22 AM »
I have the 16gb Transcend 133x in my 702 and it records a hair under 8 hours in 24/96.
I have not had any glitches and the speed of the card is way more than adequate for 24/96.
I've used Transcend cards in my Nikon DSLR for over a year now and they always worked perfectly from day one.
I'm waiting a bit so the 32gb card comes down in price a bit. Newegg.com has the 16gb for $41 and the 32gb for $109 last time I checked.

Just wait a month or two MAX and they will come WAY DOWN. Since I posted the above post about 1 month ago, the A-Data 32gb cf cards have al;ready come down in price already ;D 8) I *think* last time I checked just 2 weeks or so ago, the 32gb A-Data cf cards were already down $10.00 or so. i *think* you can get them for $80.00/SHIPPED!!!

I can DEF get used to all of these higher capacity cf cards coming WAY DOWN in prices. Hell, when I first started doing ANY bit of research on cf cards back in Feb 2006, an 8gb CF Card(RiData Pro 150x) were around $350-400.00 frickin dollars :P When I actually BOUGHT my 8GB RiData Pro 150x cf card in September of 2006, they were already WAY DOWN in price. I got a MINT but used twice 8gb RiData Pro 150x cf card from someone here at ts.com for only $150.00 ;D Hell, now that SAME EXACT cf card is probably NO MORE THAN $30.00 bucks right now or somewhere around there ;D 8)

Im going to buy that 32gb A-Data cf card here in the next month or so as long as I keep the current job I have :P I figure by then, they'll be around $65-70.00/SHIPPED ;D The LONGER I wait, the CHEAPER they get ;) As SOON AS the 64gb cf cards come out, WATCH OUT!!! The 32gb A-Data cf cards should only be around $50.00/SHIPPED by then according to how cheap they get every couple of months :) Seems like every 2-3 weeks they drop $5-10.00!!!

Offline John Willett

• Taperssection All-Star
  • Bio:
    • Sound-Link ProAudio
« Reply #26 on: October 10, 2008, 07:49:16 AM »
The rule is - *only* buy a CF card when you actually *need* it - the prices are coming down so fast.

This time next year you will probably be able to get a 32GB card for $30 and a 62GB card will be in the offing.  ;D

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.102 seconds with 51 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com