Gear / Technical Help > Playback Forum

1/8th" Walkman headphone output needs repair

<< < (2/2)

OldNeumanntapr:

--- Quote from: Melanie on April 27, 2024, 11:30:05 AM ---Will they play flac files? Bob

--- End quote ---

Yep!!! It has internal memory of 15 gigs or so and I have a 256 gig card in the card slot. They play gapless too.

admkrk:
Do you have a local electronic component shop? They usually do repairs. A cellphone repair shop might do the work also, or be able to recommend some place. I know when my local electronics shop was open he often refereed people to the phone shop, and vice versa.

If you live about 3,000 mile closer, I say bring it over and I would be happy to resolder the jack.

OldNeumanntapr:

--- Quote from: admkrk on April 27, 2024, 01:56:25 PM ---
If you live about 3,000 mile closer, I say bring it over and I would be happy to resolder the jack.

--- End quote ---

Thanks Kirk. Though I’d definitely like to see Florida someday, I think the travel expenses would be a little extreme!!
Hopefully I can get it repaired locally.

admkrk:

--- Quote ---Thanks Kirk. Though I’d definitely like to see Florida someday, I think the travel expenses would be a little extreme!!
--- End quote ---
Yea, but  :cheers:

An electronics shop would be the best bet, since if it is a bad jack and not just solder joints, they might have a compatible one on hand. They are becoming a rare breed these day though. I have been to the phone shop many times to have the charge port repaired on every phone I have ever owned. That is basically the same repair. The only difference is with the phone you do not have as easy access to the component. The only problem there is that they tend to be busy and might not be willing to look at a five minute job that is not their main work.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version