Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Decommissioning gear for a while  (Read 3955 times)

Offline voltronic

• Trade Count: (40)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: Decommissioning gear for a while
« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2020, 07:36:30 PM »
Remember the aerosol spray cleaner for mixer faders that had graphite powder in it?  Pretty sure that stuff was all kinds of toxic.
I am hitting my head against the walls, but the walls are giving way.
- Gustav Mahler

Acoustic Recording Techniques
Team Classical
Team Line Audio
Team DPA

Offline Ozpeter

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2020, 08:39:12 PM »
I guess worldwide there's not so much live music going to be happening for a while.  (Though my jazz musician nephew living in Tokyo seems still to be getting plenty of gigs, which not only surprises me but alarms me).  Well, rather than decommissioning, maybe now's the time to walk or drive to a park, if that's permitted where you are, or out into the countryside, and record some birdsong or whatever to bring home and help to bring the wide open spaces into your house.

A couple of days ago our Prime Minister was holding an outdoor press conference.  You could hardly hear what he was saying due to magpies singing away nearby, trying to go live nationwide.  It made a strange contrast with the politicians solemn words and warnings.

And of course now's the time to hit the 'play' button.  Recording can be an almost compulsive thing, whereby you record tons of stuff, but rarely actually play it.

Offline morst

• I think I found an error on the internet; #UnionStrong
  • Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2020, 09:34:34 PM »
And of course now's the time to hit the 'play' button.  Recording can be an almost compulsive thing, whereby you record tons of stuff, but rarely actually play it.
Nature walks are definitely an option. Nobody around to look at you funny for your giant Rycote Zeppelin or whatever!?
I'm enjoying using my MixPre for a USB interface but it's total overkill. I wish I could control Stereo Output gain with the scroller knob (headphone knob) while viewing levels. Might have to experiment with different settings. I'd settle for controlling a linked pair with a single front panel knob. Just nice to have a physical volume control handy in case of insane dynamics or perhaps a phone call. I can always go turn down the stereo...

(gonna repost this SD part in the right thread)
https://toad.social/@morst spoutible.com/morst post.news/@acffhmorst

Offline fireonshakedwnstreet

• Trade Count: (8)
  • Taperssection Member
  • David
« Reply #18 on: March 21, 2020, 12:24:40 AM »
I've picked a hell of a time to get into taping! I have three pairs of mics and two decks ready to go when (if?) this is all over. Stay safe!
Mics: AT 3031; AT 853Rx (c, o); Samson C02; Studio Projects C4 (c, o, h); Nak 300/Tascam PE-125/JVC M510 (cp-1, cp-2, cp-3, JVC M510 superdirectional caps)
Recorders: Tascam DR-680 MkII; Tascam DR-70D
Pres: Edirol UA-5 (Oade PMod & WMod); Marantz PMD661 (OCM); Marantz PMD620 (Oade WMod); Naiant MidBox; Shure FP11 (x2)
https://archive.org/details/@fireonshakedwnstreet

Offline jerryfreak

• No PZ
  • Trade Count: (31)
  • The plural of anecdote is not data
« Reply #19 on: March 21, 2020, 03:50:26 AM »
im repurposing my AD2K into a ventilator to help with local efforts
Unable to post or PM due to arbitrary censorship of people the mod doesn't like. Please email me using the link in my profile if you need to connect

Offline goodcooker

• Trade Count: (43)
  • goes to 11
« Reply #20 on: March 22, 2020, 10:18:50 AM »

I'm spending my downtime transferring DATs for a person I've never met.

I cleared out my main gear bag and got everything nice and tidy.Batteries stored properly and cables all wrapped. My GFs 12 year old asked me how long it would be if I attached all my cables end to end. My GF just laughed and laughed
Line Audio CM3/OM1 || MBHO KA500 hyper>PFA|| ADK A51 type IV || AKG C522XY
Oade Warm Mod and Presence+ Mod UA5s || Aerco MP2(needs help) || Neve Portico 5012 || Apogee MMP
SD Mixpre6 || Oade Concert Mod DR100mkii

pocket sized - CA11 cards > SP SB10 > Sony PCM A10

http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/goodcooker

"Are you the Zman?" - fan at Panic 10-08-10 Kansas City
"I don't know who left this perfectly good inflatable wook doll here, but if I'm blowing her up, I'm keeping her." -  hoppedup

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.091 seconds with 35 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com