Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: MacBook Possibility - What to Buy for Recording?  (Read 1632 times)

Offline Aman

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
MacBook Possibility - What to Buy for Recording?
« on: March 09, 2006, 12:10:39 AM »
Well, I may end up buying a macbook, and if I do, I just would like to know what my options are for doing some recording on it.

I am really only going to be recording some live shows and some basement sessions of my band. I don't want to spend a whole lot of money - I just want an interface where I can record with up to four mics at a time (if they need accessories to be converted into different plugs, that's fine with me) and then software that will take those four inputs and record them all live, at once. I would also like it to be support compressed audio exporting and I would like it if it had at least some basic mastering capabilities.

Any way I can do this economically? I know that the macbooks are new so there may not be a lot of options. I'm hoping to keep it all under $500-600 if possible.

Help would be VERY appreciated! Thanks in advance.
-Andrew

Offline scb

• Eli Manning should die of gonorrhea and rot in hell. Would you like a cookie, son?
  • Trade Count: (11)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: MacBook Possibility - What to Buy for Recording?
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2006, 07:08:27 AM »
the macbook is new, but it stil has firewire...

Offline Aman

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2006, 11:49:27 AM »
the macbook is new, but it stil has firewire...
Okay - but what does that mean?

I know that I can use the M-Audio firewire interaces - I'm looking more for specific product recommendations AND software recommendations that work perfectly with the new Intel-based OSX.

Offline scb

• Eli Manning should die of gonorrhea and rot in hell. Would you like a cookie, son?
  • Trade Count: (11)
  • Needs to get out more...
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2006, 01:36:11 PM »
the hardware is intel based, but the os is the same.  it'll run all the same programs

audacity is freeware and would run fine....

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.072 seconds with 28 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com