Gear / Technical Help > Post-Processing, Computer / Streaming / Internet Devices & Related Activity

Audacity - No sound on headphones on iMac

(1/2) > >>

voodoostrat:
Greetings,

I was trying to get a matrix together on my old MacBook Pro, it is getting slower everyday. I decided to try on my kids 2020 iMac (Catalina). I installed Audacity version 3.1.3. I loaded the files and start to mix but I get no sounds outta my headphones (wired). I checked on youtube but all I could fine is dealing with bluetooth headphones. Has anyone had this issue? Can you please share any info on how to resolve.

Much Thanks,

Strat

mcfoster:
have you checked the drop box and or preferences on audacity, and the sound output of the mac? I am always changing mine between headphones and my stereo output.

J.Maye:
Im using a macbook pro with that same Audacity and its coming out of my headphone jack just fine. I run the headphone jack to an older set of speakers.

I cannot get it to kick over to bluetooth which is a pain in the ass, but the wired headphone on my mac is working fine when I set the system output to headphone.

checht:

--- Quote from: J.Maye on July 22, 2022, 12:21:50 PM ---Im using a macbook pro with that same Audacity and its coming out of my headphone jack just fine. I run the headphone jack to an older set of speakers.

I cannot get it to kick over to bluetooth which is a pain in the ass, but the wired headphone on my mac is working fine when I set the system output to headphone.

--- End quote ---
Once you connect the bluetooth cans to your Mac, have you rescanmed audio devices via the transport menu? That's how to get bluetooth devices to be available as an option.

voodoostrat:
My wired headphones work fine on all other apps on the iMac, only issue is on Audacity.

Older version of Audacity works fine on my MBP.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version