Gear / Technical Help > Cables

1/8" attenuator cable

(1/4) > >>

nulldogmas:
What's the best source these days for an 1/8" stereo attenuator cable? I plugged my A10 into the board at one of my favorite venues this weekend, and got brickwalling even at the lowest possible gain.

guitard:

--- Quote from: nulldogmas on August 01, 2022, 08:36:45 AM ---What's the best source these days for an 1/8" stereo attenuator cable? I plugged my A10 into the board at one of my favorite venues this weekend, and got brickwalling even at the lowest possible gain.

--- End quote ---

I am guilty of plugging a cable from my pre-amp into my A10 and not paying close attention to whether it was set for "mic-in" or "audio-in."  It should have been "audio-in," but I screwed up and somehow set it for "mic-in."  The result was that no matter how low I set the input, I couldn't stop it from overloading the A10.

So just in case this might have also happened to you - I'll offer this as a possible explanation.

nulldogmas:

--- Quote from: guitard on August 01, 2022, 09:33:31 AM ---
--- Quote from: nulldogmas on August 01, 2022, 08:36:45 AM ---What's the best source these days for an 1/8" stereo attenuator cable? I plugged my A10 into the board at one of my favorite venues this weekend, and got brickwalling even at the lowest possible gain.

--- End quote ---

I am guilty of plugging a cable from my pre-amp into my A10 and not paying close attention to whether it was set for "mic-in" or "audio-in."  It should have been "audio-in," but I screwed up and somehow set it for "mic-in."  The result was that no matter how low I set the input, I couldn't stop it from overloading the A10.

So just in case this might have also happened to you - I'll offer this as a possible explanation.

--- End quote ---

Good thinking, but I checked at the time, and it was audio in. The soundperson had me plug into some soundboard onstage (which required going up there while the band was soundchecking, that wasn't awkward at all), and I think it just had a crazy-hot output.

It may be this was a one-time glitch, but I'd still like to have an attenuator cable handy just in case, for if something like this happens again.

fireonshakedwnstreet:
I've definitely seen them on Amazon.

vanark:
I have Shure XLR barrel attenuators. I typically go SBD > XLR > attenuators > Hosa dual XLR to 1/8" stereo mini plug > recorder.

Granted, not I haven't tried into an A-10, but I have a similar situation with my 60D channel 3/4.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version