Gear / Technical Help > Recording Gear

DR100mkIII LiIon battery replacement

(1/3) > >>

GLouie:
Has anyone replaced their internal battery? Our internal LiIon battery is dead, the manual has the replacement procedure but Tascam USA parts told me the battery isn't available anymore - or more accurately, they would ask Japan if they were, but it's now been months with no answer.

spyder9:

--- Quote from: GLouie on July 13, 2022, 02:25:53 PM ---Has anyone replaced their internal battery? Our internal LiIon battery is dead, the manual has the replacement procedure but Tascam USA parts told me the battery isn't available anymore - or more accurately, they would ask Japan if they were, but it's now been months with no answer.

--- End quote ---

You should call them back and ask for the part #.  Then search the internet for a generic equivalent.

GLouie:
Yeah, I should get back to them anyway and ask why they couldn't just say it's not available a month ago. A shame for owners if the battery can't be replaced., although you can kinda use AAs as the secondary batteries.

I need some luck with a generic, the OEM is a flat pack with3 wires and a specific mini connector. I could splice, if I was sure what the 3rd wire was for.

heva:
Do you have pictures/specs of battery and connector?

GLouie:
Thanks, I now remember I took a photo before putting it back together. I'll have to open it again to get the dimensions, which has to wait until Monday.

So I have the Teac part number and the OEM specs.

edit: I see this was discussed in the old thread:
https://taperssection.com/index.php?topic=178782.msg2207599#msg2207599

and I did not see any further resolution on the battery, nor do I see any good hits in a Google search.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version