Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: n00b questions about ac/dc, power supplies, wall worts, and the meaning of life  (Read 1955 times)

Offline Krispy D

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Needs to get out more...
    • my recordings on LMA
Total newb to external power trying to figure this out...

can I power anything that I can plug into as long as I have a plug, a big enough battery and a wall mart voltage regulator?  where does ac and dc come into play? how bout splicing into wal warts?  why can I plug dc stuff (jb3) into the wall when that is ac?   

sorry for multiple ???'s just trying to get it.

here's the senario...  currently running mk012-->ps2-->jb3.  I want to go digital in but can't afford the ua5 or at least ad 20 I want so I've been looking at cheap used ad converters but they all use wall worts and say ac in.  can I diy some power for this stuff?  How bout that ua 5 anyway...  is'nt usb power ac?   

ye gads...thanks for listening!
Peluso CEMC6, ck4/ck21
Oktava MC012
Sony ECM260f
AT 811

canare star quads
DIY mil spec silvers

DIY (W-ish) mod UA5>JB3
Oade ACM PMD 660
R4

You cannot strengthen the weak by weakening the strong. You cannot help the wage-earner by pulling down the wage-payer. You cannot help the poor by destroying the rich. You cannot help men permanently by doing for them what they could and should do for themselves.
~Rev. William J. H. Boetcker (not Lincoln)

Offline Krispy D

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Needs to get out more...
    • my recordings on LMA
bumb^^  no bites...  little help...  come on I've never been shut out here before... ???
Peluso CEMC6, ck4/ck21
Oktava MC012
Sony ECM260f
AT 811

canare star quads
DIY mil spec silvers

DIY (W-ish) mod UA5>JB3
Oade ACM PMD 660
R4

You cannot strengthen the weak by weakening the strong. You cannot help the wage-earner by pulling down the wage-payer. You cannot help the poor by destroying the rich. You cannot help men permanently by doing for them what they could and should do for themselves.
~Rev. William J. H. Boetcker (not Lincoln)

Ray76

• Trade Count: (0)
Total newb to external power trying to figure this out...

can I power anything that I can plug into as long as I have a plug, a big enough battery and a wall mart voltage regulator?  where does ac and dc come into play? how bout splicing into wal warts?  why can I plug dc stuff (jb3) into the wall when that is ac?   

sorry for multiple ???'s just trying to get it.

here's the senario...  currently running mk012-->ps2-->jb3.  I want to go digital in but can't afford the ua5 or at least ad 20 I want so I've been looking at cheap used ad converters but they all use wall worts and say ac in.  can I diy some power for this stuff?  How bout that ua 5 anyway...  is'nt usb power ac?   

ye gads...thanks for listening!

I guarantee this has been covered over and over here. Just do an advanced search and you will find what you are looking for. This topic has been covered ad nauseumYou will probably get answers quicker that way. +T Ray

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.046 seconds with 31 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com