Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: KORG MR-1 pt.II  (Read 105250 times)

Offline DavidNJ

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
Re: KORG MR-1 pt.II
« Reply #300 on: July 01, 2011, 09:21:15 PM »
No input. I have two, so one, no problem, the other, no signal.

Offline H₂O

• Trade Count: (28)
  • Needs to get out more...
« Reply #301 on: July 01, 2011, 10:20:32 PM »
Never heard of that issue - What are you feeding it?

Music can at the least least explain you and at the most expand you
LMA Recordings

List

Offline DavidNJ

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #302 on: July 01, 2011, 11:48:44 PM »
Mic output. Usually lav. Otherwise with XLR to unbalanced TRS (R unconnected).

Offline DavidNJ

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #303 on: July 02, 2011, 12:24:10 AM »
May have found the problem. One of the cables had a transformer, so the resistance couldn't tell be the wiring. On the balanced side it had +/- (red/white) to one side of the transformer, and ground and the lead from the cable to the other. Ground was connected to the shield which in turn went to the sleeve on a 3.5mm TRS. The problem may be that tip and ring are both linked the the yellow transformer output (there is a buried resistor between the yellow lead and the shield, which is connected to the other side on the secondary. If going into a TS it would have had both leads going to sleeve.

Would that have caused the problem? Would taking a stereo to mono airplane connector and just using the tip side avoid that problem?

With the other jacks the worst would have been connecting negative to ground.

Offline rocket

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #304 on: March 11, 2024, 01:02:55 AM »
tested with a 2GB silicondriveII CF card, recorded in WSD till full, played back smoothly. sustained write speed is 6MB/s according to the data sheet, more than enough for the ~672kB/s of stereo DSD64. card is ATA-5 and i have a feeling success in running this mod has more to do with ATA standards than random write speeds or SLC/MLC. will try again with a higher capacity – this card only holds about 48 minutes in 1-bit.

update 16.03.24 – tested a 32GB sandisk ultra 50MB/s CF card with a two-hour WSD recording. recording went well, closing the file went well, playback went well. i'm satisfied that this works. using a generic IDE ZIF adapter bought over amazon.

between this CF card replacement and an earlier battery replacement (EEMB 963450), this recorder feels new and modern again. nothing else in its size that i've seen has balanced inputs, so even imagining a replacement is a tall order even before taking into account binary recording. opening it up i was surprised and impressed by the RF shielding inside. it's a shame the included mic isn't shielded at all.

i owe everyone in this thread a debt of gratitude. i wouldn't have attempted either mod without you all.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2024, 04:43:54 PM by rocket »

Offline rocket

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #305 on: March 20, 2024, 01:19:55 PM »
so far, i can only get a CF card to work in software version 1.0.1, the later versions just freeze up on me and none of their updates are worth going back to the original HDD for me so i've downgraded back to 1.0.1, which is still available at korg's support site.

Offline goodcooker

• Trade Count: (43)
  • goes to 11
« Reply #306 on: March 20, 2024, 01:28:38 PM »

If you need a battery solution to go with your recorder I can walk you through what's needed to do this external but still wired to internal battery hack that came up with for the MR1 in this thread - https://taperssection.com/index.php?topic=133941.msg2365005#msg2365005
Line Audio CM3/OM1 || MBHO KA500 hyper>PFA|| ADK A51 type IV || AKG C522XY
Oade Warm Mod and Presence+ Mod UA5s || Aerco MP2(needs help) || Neve Portico 5012 || Apogee MMP
SD Mixpre6 || Oade Concert Mod DR100mkii

pocket sized - CA11 cards > SP SB10 > Sony PCM A10

http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/goodcooker

"Are you the Zman?" - fan at Panic 10-08-10 Kansas City
"I don't know who left this perfectly good inflatable wook doll here, but if I'm blowing her up, I'm keeping her." -  hoppedup

Offline beatkilla

• Trade Count: (70)
« Reply #307 on: March 20, 2024, 02:43:04 PM »
I have a MR-2 which uses 2 AA batteries and a SD card I can sell if that’s helpful.

Offline rocket

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #308 on: March 25, 2024, 10:10:53 AM »

If you need a battery solution to go with your recorder I can walk you through what's needed to do this external but still wired to internal battery hack that came up with for the MR1 in this thread - https://taperssection.com/index.php?topic=133941.msg2365005#msg2365005
ooh, i like that. i think maybe i'd run a molex out to the edge of the case to do something a little more modular. i've had issues powering through the barrel jack while recording in the past, it'd be good to bypass it.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.117 seconds with 38 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com