Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: PROBLEM with CHURCH AUDIO - Neutral help needed!  (Read 10203 times)

Offline Conny*

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
PROBLEM with CHURCH AUDIO - Neutral help needed!
« on: January 06, 2009, 09:07:41 AM »
Hi everybody,

I'm sorry that my first post is about stuff like that, but I need your neutral help!

Church Audio came to my attention through a recommendation here at the forum. So I bought a pair of mics and an amp. That was on Sep 1st. It's January now, Church Audio has my money, but all I got for it were disrespectful or absurd mails. But let me tell you the facts:

There had been two possibilities to ship me the stuff:

1. To the USA with arrival BEFORE SEPTEMBER 18TH (I paid 20 USD for
shipping and another 20 USD "fast service charge" to make that possible
after Church Audio told me, that that's no problem)

2. To Germany (I paid additional 15 USD and sent Mr. Church a german address,
after he told me later, that shipping to the USA is NOT possible)

And what did he do? He shipped the package to the USA in OCTOBER! Weeks
after I left the USA! Although we finally determined, that he ships it to Germany!

Just this mistake wouldn't have been such a problem - I paid for
shipping to Germany anyway. But the way he treated me after I waited over 3 months by his mistake, is not to accept! He sent me several absurd mails, telling me something about a scam, accusing me to fool around and again and again, that it was just me, who caused this trouble and that he did everything perfect.

In the meantime, I've been obliged to buy other mics, cause I couldn't wait any longer. It's FOUR months ago now, that I ordered the stuff. Church Audio has my money and my german address, so there is no excuse.

I asked Church Audio to refund my money, but Mr. Church rejected. In an absurd way again, but that will lead too far ...

I ask you: Do I have the right, to get back my money? After four months now? If you come to the view, that it's all my mistake, I will not ask Church Audio for a refund any longer. If you come to the opinion, that I am right and Church Audio caused this trouble, I hope, Mr. Church does his part to solve this problem an give me my refund.

Finally: I can document every single word I wrote, if necessary.

Thank you all and sorry again for this!

Heiko

Offline travelinbeat

• Trade Count: (14)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Turning soundwaves into zeros and ones since 1999
    • http://db.etree.org/travelinbeat
Re: PROBLEM with CHURCH AUDIO - Neutral help needed!
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2009, 09:29:05 AM »
Finally: I can document every single word I wrote, if necessary.

Hi there--

I'm a long time Church Audio fan, and very active in singing his praises.  As such, this sort of post is a surprise.  I know Chris can sometime get a little flustered, and this does sound like you may have a very justified grievance against him, however for the sake of keeping things as honest and accurate as possible, it may be best to follow through on this offer of documentation.  Chris is a pretty respected guy around here, and I don't know if you'll find a lot of sympathy here for undocumented accusations.  All of that having been said, I'm sure Chris will do what's right, he always makes right by people.

Sorry things got messed up, but post all of those original emails / PM's and let's have a look. 
Mics: Busman BSC1's K1/K2/K3/K4, CA-14's
Units: 2x Edirol R-09HR, iRiver H120 (RockBox + 2200mAh + CF mod)
Power & Accessories: Naiant Littlebox 1.5, Church ST-9100, Denecke PS-2, 2x Kingston SDHC (Model: SD2/8GB), 2x Kingston SDHC (Model: SD4/16GB), Kingston 32GB (Model: SD4/32GB), Darktrain XLR, 2x Shure A81WS's, 4x Powerex 9.6v, 12x Sanyo 2700 NiMH, 2x AT8410A's

Team DC · Team Naiant · Team Busman · Team Church Audio · NFL Team is NY Jets

I tape in earnest dedication to the mission of breaking the back of the CTOA

Offline vanark

• TDS
  • Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (29)
  • If you ain't right, you better get right!
    • The Mudboy Grotto - North Mississippi Allstar fan site
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2009, 09:40:26 AM »
What exactly can *we* do to help you?

I've had several dealings with Mr. Church and each one was very satisfactory.  Love his gear and find his service to be beyond expectations.  Who else has lifetime warranties that stay with the gear no matter who owns it?  How about replacing a preamp under the warranty after the dog ate it?  Doesn't sound like a guy that is trying to stiff anyone.

Good luck with resolving your problem.  I'm sure Chris will do/has done his best to work it out.
If you have a problem relating to the Live Music Archive (http://www.archive.org/details/etree) please send an e-mail to us admins at LMA(AT)archive(DOT)org or post in the LMA thread here and we'll get on it.

Link to LMA Recordings

Link to Team Dirty South Recordings on the LMA

Mics: Microtech Gefell M21 (with Nbob actives) | Church Audio CA-11 (cards) (with CA UBB)
Pres: babynbox
Recorders: Tascam DR-60D | Tascam DR-40 | Sony PCM-A10 | Edirol R-4

Roving Sign

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2009, 09:47:49 AM »
Sounds like the customer had a tight schedule that Chris couldn't keep...tough beans!

I think Church gets the benefit of the doubt...you're about the first guy to come along with a gripe like this...

Did you ever get the mics? Your story is confusing to read - perhaps communication is an issue...

I've shipped stuff to Europe before and it can get stuck in customs for a month...

Offline Nixoo

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Taperssection Regular
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2009, 12:10:08 PM »
I don't think posting 'evidence' on this forum is appropiate, those are private mails. Ugly as they might be (not saying they are at all!), they were sent to you, and not intended for public view. I'm sure Chris gets to read this and will act accordingly. He's a businessman after all.
Recorders: Edirol R-09, Zoom H2
Mics: Soundman OKMII Pop, AT853 (4.7k mod), DPA4061, CA11 Cards, CA11 Omi, CA14 Cards
CA-Ugly 2 preamp, SP BB, CA BB
Photo/Video: Panasonic TZ40, Panasonic LX100, Canon 550D

Offline Brian Skalinder

• Complaint Dept.
  • Trade Count: (28)
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2009, 12:36:33 PM »
PM & email sent.
Milab VM-44 Links > Fostex FR-2LE or
Naiant IPA (tinybox format) >
Roland R-05

nameloc01

« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2009, 12:42:45 PM »
I think if business is being done through this website, then its more than fair to discuss it openly (if need be)

Offline Conny*

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2009, 12:43:11 PM »
Hello again,

thanks very much for your prompt reactions!
To make it clear again: I don't have any interest to disprofit anyone. I just want to crack this problem. Tell me (after knowing the facts) I'm wrong - I will stop to demand a refund. Should you think Mr. Church is wrong - I hope he will know, what to do.

Yes, I was surprised, too. Many people here wrote just the best about Church Audio. And I'm aware, that I will not make friends with my *gripe*, but thats not the point anyway. I just want fairness.

Yes, maybe it's a problem of communication. I tried my best to tell Mr. Church what happened, but sometimes i had the impression, he even didn't read my mails. But of course, I don't know for sure.

I don't think posting 'evidence' on this forum is appropiate, those are private mails.

I don't think, that Nixoo is right. Those mails are not private. It's the communication between a company and a customer. But anyway, before I make the mails public, I want to give Mr. Church the chance to come into action and solve the problem.

Thanks again!!!

« Last Edit: January 06, 2009, 01:39:44 PM by Conny* »

Offline willndmb

• Trade Count: (17)
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2009, 12:48:13 PM »
Sounds like the customer had a tight schedule that Chris couldn't keep...tough beans!

I think Church gets the benefit of the doubt...you're about the first guy to come along with a gripe like this...

Did you ever get the mics? Your story is confusing to read - perhaps communication is an issue...

I've shipped stuff to Europe before and it can get stuck in customs for a month...
i have read a few times where chris is slow on shipping and what he says
in fact he personally has posted about his shipping and turn around times

with that said IF the story is true i would be pissed too and want a refund
Mics - AKG ck61/ck63 (c480b & Naiant actives), SP-BMC-2
XLR Cables - Silver Path w/Darktrain stubbies
Interconnect Cables - Dogstar (XLR), Darktrain (RCA > 1/8) (1/8 > 1/8), and Kind Kables (1/8f > 1/4)
Preamps - Naiant Littlebox & Tinybox
Recorders - PCM-M10 & DR-60D

Offline John Willett

• Taperssection All-Star
  • Bio:
    • Sound-Link ProAudio
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2009, 12:52:56 PM »
Even the best companies make mistakes sometimes - this sounds like the exception that proves the rule.

Offline Conny*

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2009, 01:36:05 PM »
PM & email sent.

Thanks, Brian!
Just answered via email.

Offline OFOTD

• Amorican
  • Trade Count: (7)
« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2009, 01:39:00 PM »

Why is it tough beans for this customer when it appears to have been over 3+ months?  

First guy to gripe?     How about this thread  http://taperssection.com/index.php/topic,111749.0.html

I realize that ALL companies can't please everyone all the time.    And i've read tons of positive experiences with Chris' products here time and time again.  If it were me that was still waiting all this time i'd be a little more that just pissed off if I kept seeing a vendor/manufacturer posting sales threads, sales updates and deals and I was still waiting 3+ months.  

Offline Church-Audio

• Trade Count: (44)
« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2009, 01:49:00 PM »
You ordered your items you wanted them for a certain date but that did not happen because of your address on paypal being wrong so I had to refund your payment and you had to pay again No offence but I dont build anything until I get paid for it. That took time I did send your items out and then the "friend" that you had me send them to left the country.. The items sat in the post office from the 10th of october to the 10th of November then USPS sent them back to me I got them back on the 3rd of December damaged and smashed.. My loss oh well so I made you new gear to get sent out to Germany I asked that you pay $15 extra to ship them to your country you refused. I have sent you over 14 emails asking for a shipping address that I could use to Germany I found the original paypal invoice in the mean time that I printed out and found a good address to ship to. I asked three times that you confirm if that address was still valid This was on the 22nd of Dec last communication. I have made 5 phone calls to Germany asking that you give me a valid address when I call your never home and you never returned my calls. So I have your items they are going to be shipped out on Friday with all of my other orders and I will be posting a tracking number here for all to see. There is no funny business going on here you are not 100% right here and I should never have agreed to ship to a third party address and I will never do that again. I have lost my product out of this deal because the return shipment to me was UNINSURED and I am out $300 worth of product. But I am still sending you new gear out on Friday. I had other customers that I needed to attend to or else I would have kept emailing you. I am not going to give you a refund period you ordered the gear you would have got the gear if it was not for all this messing around trying to save a few bucks on duty.

My customers have always been #1 for me am I perfect hell no but I did everything I could to get you your gear on time.

So for the last time please send me a valid address so I can ship this out. Or I will use the one I have on file.

I did try and settle this privatly but you obviously think that I am wrong here.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2009, 01:51:45 PM by Church-Audio »
for warranty returns email me at
EMAIL Sales@church-audio.com

Offline Church-Audio

• Trade Count: (44)
« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2009, 01:50:05 PM »

Why is it tough beans for this customer when it appears to have been over 3+ months?  

First guy to gripe?     How about this thread  http://taperssection.com/index.php/topic,111749.0.html

I realize that ALL companies can't please everyone all the time.    And i've read tons of positive experiences with Chris' products here time and time again.  If it were me that was still waiting all this time i'd be a little more that just pissed off if I kept seeing a vendor/manufacturer posting sales threads, sales updates and deals and I was still waiting 3+ months.  

Maybe you should read my post and then you can see why it took so long to get solved.

Chris
for warranty returns email me at
EMAIL Sales@church-audio.com

Offline J.Maye

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Formerly Phan2001
« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2009, 01:56:14 PM »
I agree that the product is great and the customer service is somewhat lacking. He told me several times that it was going out "at the end of the week". Nothing shipped and there was no communication. I guess it's just what you kind of have to deal with if you cant find a used pair.
AKG CK91/92/93/94>mk93/h98>se300b>BM2P+ua5>M10
Or
CA ST11 (C,O)>9100>M10
Busman T mod R4

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.125 seconds with 40 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com