Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: The MM-HLSC-1 Appreciation Thread  (Read 17828 times)

Offline Church-Audio

• Trade Count: (44)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: The MM-HLSC-1 Appreciation Thread
« Reply #60 on: April 30, 2008, 08:16:51 AM »
The other part of my mod is a simple one.. The guys at Sennheiser did not use metal screen on the sides of the mics and on top of the diaphragm.. ( There is a course mesh ) but that is not good enough to block out RF and other types of interference. So I put in a fine brass mesh screen this allows your mics to be protected for debris and it greatly reduces inducted noise and provides a much better electrical shield then plastic mesh while not effecting frequency response. This is how I can reduce the sensitivity while not increasing the noise floor as much as one would think a 12 db reduction would do.
Chris

Chris, is it possible to replace the capsule to cover up the mesh?  The mesh not only doesn't look good but will likely be more noticeable when trying to stealth.

Sorry I dont follow are you talking about the mesh I put on or the mesh that is already there?

The mesh I put on is underneath the mesh that is from the factory. The factory mesh is necessary because it protects the mic diaphragm from damage. Its just that the mesh is so course that objects can get in past the mesh and deposit them selves onto the diaphragm the mesh I use is so fine that it does not effect the mics response and it prevents debris from collecting on the diaphragm.

for warranty returns email me at
EMAIL Sales@church-audio.com

Offline fandelive

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection Member
  • I'm a llama!
Re: The MM-HLSC-1 Appreciation Thread
« Reply #61 on: November 29, 2010, 03:19:05 PM »
It would be worth figuring out the correct EQ to fix this mic.  I believe there was a guy over at Micbuilders who was writing a program to do this, but it was never released.

Can anyone provide some more information about that guy or program ?
I'd love to give it a try :)
Mics : Sony ECM-717, MM-HLSC-1 (4.7k mod), SP-CMC-4 (at853), 2x DPA4060, 2x DPA4061
Battery box : SP-SPSB-6524 w/bass roll-off filter, MM-CBM-1
Preamp : Church Audio CA-9100
Recorders : Sony MZR-700PC, Edirol R-09HR, Tascam DR-2d

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.052 seconds with 27 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com