Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: ISO: sony str-da3000es (or something comparable)  (Read 1944 times)

Offline vwmule

• Trade Count: (16)
  • Needs to get out more...
ISO: sony str-da3000es (or something comparable)
« on: September 16, 2008, 05:26:13 PM »
Sounds like my Yamaha Natural Sound receiver is going bad after nearly eight years. When I adjust volume get that scratchy sound. Goes way when level set but still I should be looking for a new one.

Anyone know where I can get a Sony str-da3000es? If they aren't still made, is there something similar in price/quality?

Offline bugg100

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection All-Star
Re: ISO: sony str-da3000es (or something comparable)
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2008, 01:52:20 AM »
You know potentiometers get scratchy as they age(dirty)?  Visit RadioShack for TV tuner lubricant.....

Offline vwmule

• Trade Count: (16)
  • Needs to get out more...
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2008, 10:01:55 AM »
interesting ... then what do I do with the stuff?

spreadheadtom

« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2008, 04:37:28 PM »
I have a 3000es....something is blown it.  I took it to the local repair shop and they told me to send it to Sony.

I can sell pretty cheap if you want it.

Offline Weirdness

• Taperssection Regular
  • ...driftin' and dreamin'...
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2008, 09:38:20 PM »
I'm pretty sure that TV Tuner cleaner is the same deal as contact cleaner, that is what I normally use for issues like this.  Anwyays, it should be like a can of WD40 with a squirt wand thingy.  If the volume control will pull off from the front it would be best to take it off first.  Make sure the power is off, then spray the shit out of your volume control.  It'll freak you out a bit as there is quite a bit of liquid that comes out but just go to town on it and then work it back and forth a bunch.  You should find that it's good to go after that although quite often you still have to do it once or twice a year.  If there are other controls on the front such as source and tone controls, you may as well do those at the same time.  Good luck, shouldn't need it though...

Offline bugg100

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2008, 09:45:46 PM »
Good instructions. 

But tv tuner products clean and leave a lubricant where contact cleaner and wd-40 don't lube. They wash away existing lube, which is why contact cleaner needs to be used more often.  The tuner product should a good while longer.....

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.057 seconds with 31 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com